1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I almost bought INTC after the last dump thinking "how much worse could it get?" and all the bad news had to be baked in, right? Well, they answered. LOL.

Cokebabies likes this.
  2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i'll take a closer look tmr; but this makes their share buyback program (at inflated prices) look even more stupid. They just sold their nand business for $9b, and are spending $9.7b on buybacks this year. Why not throw that money into fixing their fabs? Utter madness.

Analyst saying same thing, everyone was expecting PC to do well hence intel to do well:

#11822 saitou, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

Kim likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Don't forget eBay... lol.

Sajan and Kim like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

*BOING* Cramer on CNBC just caused a bit of a pop in this stock. Did you ever buy?

saitou likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

if my eyes are not deceiving me, GM trading action appears to be building the flag pole

[​IMG]

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

+5 AH.

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Yep!

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nice. It was up 12% briefly, but pulled back a little. :D

saitou likes this.
  10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Might keep running up tomorrow

11. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Well picked up some puts on Sysco...figured I'd play the Covid spike to see if it hits the market over the next couple of weeks...though I would think the election/stimulus would dominate anything at this point.

12. adoo

adoo Member

~ 2 wks ago
    this contract expired worthless​

but i also had 2 other AMD contracts for the ERS run; i exited the 80 strike CALL for a small profit.

still have the 75 strike CALL

[​IMG]
    yesterday's doji was confirmed / corroborated by a green candlestick today, whose entire body was above yesterday's close,
    closing ~ high for the day on above-average volume. RSI is barely 50

base on these indicators, will ride the contract to the last hr of regular trading session Tue, just before the ERS

saitou likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

@adoo , since you're into technicals/options, do you watch Options Action on CNBC? It's on @ 4:30pm - 5:00pm Central Time. Carter Worth is heavy into technical trading (and considered a good one) and the show is about options trading ideas. Most of the trades I see being suggested are credit/debit spreads with nothing wild and they explain their reasoning for suggesting it.

Sajan likes this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

i tape Options Actions and watch it often.

Carter Thurston Worth is quite knowledgeable w the TAs

the two options traders are Michael Kowhl, who has authored a book on options strategies and used to own a seat at the exchange and Tony Zheng, who runs a options trading / training site.

Melissa Lee is the traffic cop that keeps the show running smoothly

today, Tony was answering a viewer's twit w a question on Butterfly Spreads, a couple of wks ago, someone was asking about Iron Condors​

#11834 adoo, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I've been watching Fast Money since the show basically started in the late 2000's back when Dylan Ratigan used to host it (my favorite host) and then started watching Options Action when they spun it off later. I'm not a huge fan of Melissa Lee, but considering her degree is in Journalism (albeit from a great university in Harvard), you can tell she works her tail off to get an understanding of what's going on in the financial markets. Khouw actually lives in the Austin area, and he's one of my favorite panelists on both shows. Victoria Fernandez on Fast Money, who was on there today, is out of Houston/Rice U. and I like her takes, too. Lots of good ideas on both shows.

They have a Halftime Show around 11am that is similar in format to Fast Money, but you may already know about that. It's more of a "mid-day" report/update about what traders are looking at.

16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

When will $SNAP reverse :0

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I have a November call to catch ers + graphics card announcement on 28 oct. Otherwise I'm gonna stick to underlying shares or going short on puts for amd and other tickers. Haven't been doing well with long calls and timing lately.

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

saitou likes this.
  19. adoo

adoo Member

thanks for the info.

fwiw, in view of this info, scrape enough $ to make this bet on 90.00 strike CALL for AMD, 28 Days to expiration on 2020-11-20

Bid Midpoint Ask Last Change %Chg Volume Open Int Vol/OI IV
    2.80 2.86 2.91 2.83 0.93 +48.95% 8,417 18,029 0.47 63.07%

https://www.barchart.com/stocks/quo...ons?expiration=2020-11-20-m&moneyness=allRows

In Su I trust !

saitou likes this.
  20. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

she’s great...I’m wondering if and how much she will talk about Xilinx. Hopefully it pulls back and presents a buying op.

saitou likes this.