1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: JVG at the Forefront

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Oct 21, 2020.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Feel bad for JVG. Has a cushy job at ESPN, now walking into this dumpster fire with Tilman.

Corrosion and CometsWin like this.
  2. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

My fans = tinman :)

Roc Paint, Easy and saleem like this.
  4. rockets13champs

2 vs 1. Maybe Woj doesn’t know

joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

He always seemed so tortured last time he was the Rocket's coach. Frankly not any better than MDA, who seemed like he wasn't always about to have a migraine.

Jeff should just remain an analyst.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

If he signs he is going to regret it, BIGLY.

7. heads.up

heads.up Member

Has anyone followed JVG on his National team career? He has a 15-2 record with Team USA since 2017. I wonder how his coaching style and strategies may have evolved since the Rockets.

Patience likes this.
  8. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

When Tilman said something along the lines of finding something that makes sense for both sides (or something along those lines), I took that as a money/contract issue. So my guess would be Lucas as next HC mainly bc of money. JVG would want some cashhh and Silas may be a little more expensive than Lucas.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yup.

10. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I love our owner. He opens his lender's wallets, in times of need. Houston has catapulted to the #1 free agent destination for sure. Oh yeah!!! You love to see it.

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Yup, it's funny how a guy with that much money makes a fuss over a few million though if it keeps JVG away, good. Hire Silas!

solodolo11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

damn we need Shams to chime in lol

AroundTheWorld, saleem and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

For the love of God, please hire either Jeff Van Gundy or Stephen Silas. Both are very good candidates and infinitely better than John Lucas.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But Harden wants Lucas let’s see if he gets his way.

15. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

do you believe WOJ or the other guys more. they are reputable news breakers, but WOJ did not mention lucas as a favorite.
    he basically named JVG and then Silas. Mentioned Lucas as like a 3rd option.

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

While the Rockets should consult their best player during a coaching search, no player is bigger than the organization. If James Harden wants a friend as his coach instead of what’s best for the team, the Rockets should trade him now for a massive haul because he clearly isn’t that concerned about winning a championship in his career, and the organization might as well start the inevitable rebuild.

The Rockets’ organization only has themselves to blame by coddling Harden for many years.

OmegaSupreme and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i have nothing new to add... but I like to see this thread at the top of the forum - it gives me some shred of hope... lol!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

sounds like someone is getting antsy.

There is*

AroundTheWorld and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

We know what he (probably) meant, but we also know his personality and how important his personal brand is to him. That's why it's funny to imagine him talking about his own fans. But we live in a bizarre world so maybe there are people out there who love his CNBC show and his book and root for him and all his endeavors. Lol.

20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I would honestly be shocked if JVG is the next coach. Jeff is a smart guy. Surely he knows that he and Tilman will not see eye to eye on anything. They are complete opposites and will butt heads constantly. The second that Tilman's son speaks to JVG about anything basketball related there will be fireworks. The only way JVG accepts is if this Rafael Stone guy is anywhere close to Moray in how he operates and earns JVG's trust. That is our only hope no matter who the coach is.

If Moray was still around then maybe JVG could coexist with Tilman since Morey has been surprisingly professional at his relationship with Tillman. JVG should know that Tilman will do him dirty just like he has done to MDA and now Moray. There is a reason Moray is walking away from a team with James Harden and it is all because of Tilman. This guy is a complete joke. Can we figure out a way to do a LA Clippers/Donald Sterling/Borat 2 style sting operation on this man to get him ousted from our beloved Rockets? He will drive this franchise into the ground. If that is not what the future holds, then I will gladly eat crow but we are going backward real quick since he took over. Not to mention that the Paul for Westbrook trade was likely him and his son's idea and now Paul is suddenly the best trade asset in the league and Westbrook's trade value has taken another hit after yet another shitty playoff performance.