1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Running it back is what’s going to happen.

Let’s stop playing fantasy GM and throwing EGs name in trades and get him all upset.

Let’s put a positive spin on things though. We are NOT losing a single rotation player this season. When was the last time we can say that. Russ will be healthier and him and Harden will have more experience with one another again. Ditto for Roco. EG didn’t have a great year but then showed some life in some playoff games so it wasn’t his age. Danuel House will have solved his marital issues for better or for worse come next season.

Russ Harden EG RoCo PJ
    House McLemore

That’s a 7 man rotation we had at one point last year. Now let’s hope we can keep Jeff Green and add a veteran Center for cheap (Nerlens Noel); preferably one more big guy and maybe Rivers comes back on the minimum (though I’d rather a Teague (I’d actually like playoff Rondo but not happening))

EDIT: I would throw the whole mid level at Gallo on Day 1 after saying he would take a pay cut to compete but I’m still certain he did not mean I’ll play for Houston for $5Mil when he said that. Then Day 2 I would try and execute what I just said

Russ Harden RoCo PJ Noel
    Teague EG McLemore Jeff Green

saleem and D-rock like this.
  2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’ve been thinking about it and was wondering what you think about getting Vucevic instead of AG? Basically the same trade scenario that you have outlined with Indy but with the Rockets receiving Vucevic instead of AG.

Vucevic isn’t much of a rim protector and can’t really switch but he gives the Rockets pretty much everything else. He’s a good rebounder and a legitimate threat from 3 or in the post. He can give Harden a break in the half court and facilitate some offense from the high post as well. I think Harden likes having a big that can help him on offense even more than he likes having another all star guard. It allows the offense to be less predictable and giving a skilled big as much space as Houston’s offense generates is an easy score almost every time down the court.

One big problem for the Rockets would be that Vucevic would increase the play roll unless they sent out EG and Tucker. I think the Rockets can get close enough to Vucevic’s salary to make the deal work without including PJ but it would take some creativity.

AG fits the Magic’s timeline better than Vucevic does so maybe they would be more willing to trade the latter. It would free up time for Bamba, Isaac and AG to play as a rotation. They can still get the scorer that they want to play alongside Fultz and sending out Vucevic instead of AG would free up more space to resign the incoming player.

Westbrook/Rivers
    Harden/McLemore
    House/Nwaba
    RoCo/Green
    Vucevic

#1882 DM'sVP, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Dankstronaut and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why would Magic trade away their best offensive player and only All Star? Especially one on a great contract.

And AG is not a first option.

Vucevic is better in that role for Magic and on Rockets, AG would be 3rd option.

And Vuc is also a better fit with Jonathan Isaac (Magic franchise player) on offense and defense. AG plays same position as Isaac as well as their other 1st round pick, Chuma Okeke.

Okeke fits both Vuc and Isaac better than AG.

AG is the piece that Magic will trade away to increase their need for more 3P shooting and spacing.

And Bamba has been limited by injury/ stamina and unable to beat out Vucevic. Likely Bamba is traded before Vuc is.

DM'sVP likes this.
  4. realonemo

realonemo Member

Eric Gordon for Thad Young and Luke Kornet

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still believe Rockets best trade is a package to get AG & Bamba.

ORL: Victor Oladipo, Ben McLemore
    IND: Eric Gordon, Danuel House, Luc Mbah a Moute, Rockets FRP
    HOU: Aaron Gordon, Mo Bamba

Westbrook
    Harden/Nwaba
    RoCo/Tucker
    AG/Green
    Bamba/Bruno

MLE to replace Rivers like Langston Galloway or Tyler Johnson.

Vet min signing options: Jeff Green, Bruno Caboclo, Ryan Broekhoff, Justin Anderson, Jonah Bolden, Josh Jackson

*Russ Westbrook deadline trade options:

1) Russ to PHX for Oubre/Rubio

2) Russ to DET for Kennard/Wood

3) Russ to NYK, DSmith/Portis/Knox to MIA, Herro/Iggy/Harkless/Robinson/Nunn to HOU

4) Russ to WAS, Wall to CLE, Drummond/Garland/Cavs FRP/Wiz FRP

#1885 D-rock, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    fattz likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It might help us on offense, but it will hurt us on defense. Pass.

D-rock likes this.
  7. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

Two part shuffle to get younger and continue to contend.
    Trade One with Philadelphia
    Rockets trade: Harden, Gordon, Tucker
    76ers trade: Simmons, Richardson, pick(s), filler.
    Philly new roster is title worthy
    Harden Gordon Tucker Harris Embiid with Milton, Thybulle, Horford off bench
    Trade Two with Magic
    Rockets Trade Westbrook and pick
    Magic Trade Aaron Gordon, Bamba, filler
    Rockets 2020-21 roster
    Simmons
    Richardson
    Covington/House
    Aaron Gordon
    Bamba
    Plus potential cap room for free agents

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Brah. Come on. You’re better than this.
    And you know Riley is too

Tristan_fiore and D-rock like this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I just want Randle, maybe noel, and some filler.

Corrosion likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm good if this is your only nitpick out of the half dozen options I threw out there.

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Gordon for James Johnson. Sign Ibaka MLE... resign the Greens...

Westbrook, Rivers, Clemons
    Harden, McLemore, G Green
    Covington, House, Nwaba
    Tucker, Johnson, Caboclo
    Ibaka, J Green, Hartenstein

Rocket powered thunder vipers! Resign Canaan if Rivers leaves too lol

That 10 can compete without getting manhandled.

treyk3 likes this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Christian Wood instead of Ibaka. Ex Rockets only.

Dankstronaut and D-rock like this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Didn’t mean to nitpick. Just saw that one and usually like your ideas but thought what the ?!?!

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fair enough, just think Miami will make a move to bring in another big name.

They cannot stay pat if they are serious in contending for a ring.

Unlike Tilly and his "run it back" for less mantra.

15. jb86

jb86 Member

If we are keeping the team as is, then we just need to add on a few bigs that can shoot and block shots. Mo Bamba and Thon Maker would fit with us perfectly. These 2 players will allow us to keep the status quo as far as spreading the floor. My favorite part about these players is that they wont cost us alot to get them. Thon Maker is a restricted free agent and we can trade for Mo bamba without giving up alot. Mo bamba is on his rookie deal at the max we would have to match $5Ms. These players are TF proof. Low risk, High reward. If y'all don't like these moves, then y'all don't know basketball.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  16. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Would y’all trade EG for Derozan straight up?

jb86 and baller4life315 like this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea if there was no need to match salaries in a trade.

1.25x + $100,000

Eric Gordon is paid $17 million and can be traded for incoming salaries of up to approximately $21.3 million. DeRozan makes $28 million. Tilman will drop salary not add it.

Minnesota , New York, or Detroit are the most likely places for Eric. Keep that in mind when thinking of where to dump him. They all have space and may be willing to take a flier.

18. rockets13champs

I think Horford and u add a FRP to him for Derozan is a good move for the Spurs. Because they can raise his value again having him on the team for a couple years with the young guards getting more mins. Then net more assets for Horford.

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I mean, I wouldn't say no lol

I think Ibaka is probably the more likely one to accept such team friendly terms. Plus you got a team of bruisers to put on AD/Lebron while they still have to be accountable as defenders against Harden and Russ. Harden doesn't have to switch onto AD or Lebron every play.

Further, depending on how you convince Ibaka to come...maybe you say it's a one year gig from the beginning. Then he, Johnson, Tucker and McLemore are all coming off the books at the same time and there's actually cap room to sign a big name next offseason.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

All reports say Ibaka will get more than MLE and Wood will get the MLE. I was with you a few weeks ago thinking the opposite.