1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Cybertruck - New Tesla Pickup Unveiling

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

For some reason I picture this guy driving it down the freeway in California randomly shooting people from the turrets he had installed on the truck.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Elon is building his companies for the apocalypse. He knows something!

Jay driving over the lines in LA streets makes me think it'll take hours to find parking for that tank.

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Every segment Jay is wandering across all the lanes... lol.

Nook and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

My Grandpa worked in refineries for 65 years. He said he could weld together a still to make diesel in about 2 hours. You'd still have to find the raw oil, but you could refine your own.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think there're rumors there'll eventually be 2 different sizes of truck.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow! Just watched that. Jay actually looked a little nervous, which is rare for him, to say the least. So the production model will be "5% smaller." That's still pretty damn big. Comparable to a really large pickup here in Texas, I guess. I'm not sure I'd care for that steering wheel, though. I prefer something at least vaguely circular.

I think I'd rather have an El Camino, and I'm more of a Ford guy.

[​IMG]

Nook, dmoneybangbang and Xerobull like this.
  7. KingCheetah

[​IMG]

Didn't know where to drop this... anyway this S-Apex Widebody is sick.

donkeypunch likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I saw one of the Unplugged widebody kits in a video and thought it made the Model S look like a car I'd like to buy just on looks. The problem is the kit costs almost as much as a Model 3. LOL.

9. KingCheetah

10. KingCheetah

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Deckard, JamesC, tinman and 1 other person like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

GMC HUMMER EV

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34412909/2022-gmc-hummer-ev-revealed/
    https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g34429237/2022-gmc-hummer-ev-revealed-gallery/?slide=1

• The 2022 GMC Hummer is a four-door electric pickup truck with a 350-mile range that makes 1000 horsepower and at least 1000 lb-ft of torque.
    • At launch, the ultra-loaded Edition 1 pickup will be the only model available and will cost $112,595.
    • The Hummer truck will be joined next year by a GMC Hummer electric SUV.
    Its debut offering is a four-door pickup with 1000 horsepower, at least 1000 lb-ft of torque, and a claimed zero-to-60-mph time of 3.0 seconds. It has 35-inch-tall tires, four-wheel steering, and removable roof panels. Range is 350 miles and an 800-volt DC fast charger can add 100 miles of range in 10 minutes. Edition 1, the decked-out launch model, will cost $112,595.

The standard tires are 35-inch-tall 305/70R-17 Goodyear Wrangler All Territory MTs, with 37s offered as a dealer-installed option. The second year will bring beadlock wheels. Four-wheel steering can point the rear tires opposite the fronts up to 10 degrees, enabling a 37.1-foot turning circle, or can align in phase for Crab mode. The four-wheel independent suspension provides 13 inches of travel, with the optional air suspension allowing 8.0 inches of height adjustability between its lowest mode and "Extract," its highest. In that setting, the suspension is six inches higher than Normal mode, basically at full rebound, for conquering high-center situations or low-speed obstacles. In Extract mode, the Hummer's approach angle is nearly 50 degrees. That feature won't be available on the initial trucks; it'll be added via a software update on 2022 models and become a regular feature for 2023.

All Edition 1 Hummer EVs will have a three-motor setup, with one motor on the front axle and two on the rear, diametrically opposed and sharing a housing. The front motor is paired with a locking differential, and the rear ones can electronically mimic a locked diff (or, presumably, an open one or a wild torque-vectoring one). Rock sliders are standard on Edition 1, with the following year bringing optional retractable running boards. Rock-crawling antics are aided by 18 camera views, including two underbody cameras, which include washers. Hill descent control uses a combination of the hydraulic brakes and regenerative braking, recapturing some energy while you're creeping down that mountainside.

On-road, the Hummer EV offers a theatrical launch control mode called Watts to Freedom that lowers the suspension, vibrates the haptic seat, and cues up racy EV sounds from the stereo. Other than that, it sounds like standard launch-control stuff: left foot on the brake, right foot floors the accelerator, pop your foot off the brake, and do zero to 60 mph in 3.0 seconds. GM hasn't precisely nailed down power output but says horsepower will be "about 1000" and torque between 1000 and 1100 lb-ft. Without activating launch control, which also conditions the battery, the everyday zero-to-60-mph time (in Adrenaline mode) is four seconds.

While the Hummer H2 and H3 were all about co-opting the military aesthetic of the original H1, the theme for the GMC Hummer EV goes in a different direction: outer space. The speaker grilles depict the Sea of Tranquillity (the landing site for Apollo 11), and the dead pedal is in the shape of a moon-boot footprint. Is GM suggesting that this vehicle is a moonshot? We need more lunar clues.

Should you care to do some stargazing, nearly the entire roof is removable, via four panels that store in vinyl bags or optional foam "pizza boxes" that fit in the front trunk. The panels above the front seats rest on a central bar that is also removable, opening up the entire overhead area up front. The rear roof panels are bisected by another bar that ties into a lateral brace that spans the B-pillars. This top support structure is in the shape of the letter T.

GM's Super Cruise with automatic lane changing will be standard equipment. GM tapped Epic Games, the company behind Fortnite, to provide its Unreal Engine software for the infotainment graphics. Prepare for a cross-promotional tie-in where the Fortnite flying school bus is a Hummer.

All 2022 models will be Edition 1, and all will be painted white with a black roof and riding on bronze-colored wheels. Those trucks will be loaded with every option and the biggest battery, which has 24 modules and is an integral part of the structure. GM won't reveal capacity yet, but to get a 350-mile range out of something this huge, we'd guess at least 150.0 kWh—and that's if the Hummer matched the efficiency of a Tesla Model X Performance with 22-inch wheels, which is rated at 43.o kWh per 100 miles.

Subsequent 2023 models of the Hummer EV will start at $79,995 and climb to $89,995 and $99,995, depending on range and options. The first two trims will use a two-motor drive system, with the $99,995 truck getting the three-motor system. An SUV variant will also arrive for 2023.

tinman likes this.
  13. lpbman

lpbman Member

The big problem with these trucks is towing. Range will be 1/2 to 1/3 normal, so you are stopping every two hours or so to charge for an hour... Except you have a trailer behind you, and now you can't park next to the charging station.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Hummer ev top of the line version :

$112,595
    350mi range
    0-60 in approximately 3 sec

Cybertruck top of the line version :

$69,900
    500mi range
    0-60 in <2.9 sec

Hummer ev base version :

$79,995
    250mi range
    Arrives in 2024

Cybertruck base version :

$39,900
    250mi range

GM made a decent product, for double the cost?

Nook and the11mingdynasty like this.
  15. CXbby

CXbby Member

"Lifestyle truck". GM didn't make a 6 figure truck expecting anyone buying that thing to do any real towing.

jiggyfly, Deckard and steddinotayto like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the camper for the truck has arrived

Deckard and ThatBoyNick like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hipster's wet dream. Tesla electric car with a tiny house bolted to it.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I can't wait to cyber **** in the back of my cyber truck.

peleincubus likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Oh ho! Here comes the competition!