1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump - Biden Debate Part Deaux...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

You know, I thought this at first too.

I heard Donald Trump and his supporters complain that at the "town hall" he was asked hard questions and Biden was thrown softballs.

That is until I actually went back and listened to the questions that were asked, and Trump was given absolute softballs and decided to turn them into Charlie Morton sinkers......... I am sorry but questions like: "Do you support Quanon" are major meatballs right down the middle and all he did was either attempt to not answer the question or discuss something else, that is entirely on Trump.

At some point you just have to accept that he can be more closely aligned with your political views and still realize that he sucks.

2. Nook

Nook Member

He will never be that cool.

3. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Trump already agreed on her as the moderator some time ago. In fact not only did he agree to her, he has praised her. Calling on Welker during a news conference in Switzerland in January, Trump complimented her for landing a weekend anchor gig on NBC's "Today" show. "They made a very wise decision," Trump told Welker.

#2 After the second debate was canceled this month, Trump campaign adviser Jason Miller told Fox News Welker would do an "excellent job" hosting the third one.

"I have a very high opinion of Kristen Welker," Miller said. "I think she's going to do an excellent job as the moderator for the third debate. I think she's a journalist who’s very fair in her approach and I think that she'll be a very good choice for this third debate."

#3 The debate commission is made up of half democrats and half republicans.

Invisible Fan, durvasa and T_Man like this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have been at this point for a few years. I dont think he totally sucks but he definitely gets on my nerves a lot. He has done most of what he said he would do, although usually in the most abrasive way possible.

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

I do think that democrats fail to see that Trump has had some successes in the White House. He will have appointed three SCOTUS Justices, while that isn't something he has control over, it still is a success. He did pass the tax act he wanted and he has kept the US out of war.

He certainly has many failures as well, but he hasn't been a complete disaster and there are things that he can point to as successes, unfortunately he cannot stay out of his own way sometimes.

I recently watched a long interview with Steve Bannon and he discussed the double edged sword of Trump. He discussed that the comments that are outlandish and made by Trump helped attract some voters to the populist movement BUT they also so long term damage because they alienate a lot of potential supporters as well.

For example, Bannon at the end of the day believes that poor whites, poor blacks and Hispanics should support the type of populism that he believes in because Bannon believes that wages for the poorest American's will go up with more limited immigration and the deportation of illegal aliens. He also believes in a progressive tax and is against the "one world idea". Trump has pushed some of those positions, but his other comments have made people conclude that the reason is racism.

Invisible Fan, durvasa and Astrodome like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

OUCH!

Nook likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Also, the debate topics were originally arranged with the assumption of there being 3 debates. Trump bailed on the second debate, and so additional topics needed to be added to the third debate to make up for it.

Nook likes this.
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I would have advised Biden to skip it. He's up in the polls. Biden would like to just glide to election day at this point. Trump is the one that needs a shake-up. He probably won't get it in the debate, but why even afford him the opportunity. But since they are doing it, I don't think it'll much matter. I think people who are undecided on this election are either lying or brain-dead. The prime mover in the election won't be who people want for president, but how many from each camp will turn out to vote. Will a debate stunner make someone get off their ass and go to a voting booth? I doubt it.

CCorn, R0ckets03, Rileydog and 2 others like this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Damn. I didn't realize it either, you're right though. He turns lobs into tongue twisters because he wont risk losing his fanatics AND simultaneously gets mad when Biden calmly pushes back on certain perceived far left issues without hesitation. Trump.... basically jumping up and down, pointing, screaming - YOU JUST LOST THE LEFT. Lulz.

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Presidential Debates are mostly useless, but it is totally pointless in this election. Why do we need see these pointless debates?

B-Bob likes this.
  11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Is Mexico paying for the Wall? Because that was Trump's biggest campaign promise.

How's that balance of trade working out with those tariffs that Americans are paying?

Is America safer going it alone?

Where's his Health Plan?

Did that tax cut for billionaires trickle down to working people?

Are we healthier for environmental deregulation, are they spurring manufacturing jobs?

Did he deport all illegal aliens?

Rebuild infrastructure?

Did Hillary get locked up?

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Here's a preview of the new debate format:

What I mean, is, take the exact opposite of the above -- that's the preview.

Nook likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess if only to see how Joe handles the Hunter Biden allegations.

Two weeks is a long time in politics...

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also remind me when the Deficit was cut in half..

Nook likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Trump is trying the blame the refs strategy to see gin up support.

It also lays the groundwork for him to claim if he does badly that the moderator and commission were so unfair to him.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not watching this. First debate was way too stressful for me.

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Trump is not going to debate... He is going to put on a show for his base...

He could careless about the issues or policy's, he's trying to setup a foundation for his tv/radio network... To take over Rush spot..

T_Man

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Apparently the latest Biden rumor involves a 14-year old. This is about to get EXPLOSIVE.

19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

like diarrhea?

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Are you referencing this story that went nowhere when it broke in May alleging that Biden said something off-color about the size of a 14 year old girl's breasts? Interested to see how that can explode.