1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 13, 2020.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Except they were NEVER GOING TO GET A STOP! NEVER!

Nook likes this.
  2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

AND OUR KICKER ALREADY PROVED AN XP WAS NO ****ING GUARANTEE!!!

GEEZUS PEOPLE.

TWS1986 likes this.
  3. STR8Thugg

The defense was completely lost and confused and they were going to clock it anyway if the defense was set up properly. They took a timeout to try and prevent titans from getting a cheap touchdown on a busted coverage.

4. STR8Thugg

That rule is a joke.

sammy likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. 1234567

1234567 Member

Close is only good with horseshoes.
    They are done for this year. And this tank job only gets Miami the great pick.

Bottom line, the teams in Houston are destined to do nothing. Astros, Rockets,
    No chance for winning it next year or any year. This Texan team now has a QB but have worse defense in league.

No chance.

It's ok though. Just par for course for this city.

Wait, next week they play who? Lost

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Leave the Astros out of this.

They pushed the best team in their league to 7 games without their ROY prospect, their grizzled multiple time Cy young veteran, their closer and other veteran arms.

Yeah, they might lose Brantley or Springer but the team is still loaded with talent and the owner likes winning and hires people that know how to build winning teams. The Astros should not be compared to the Rockets or Texans. At all.

9. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Texans have already won the Super Bowl in my mind this year when O'Brien got fired. Everything else this season is gravy.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

Who dat?
    The colts acquired him earlier in the season when the Browns waived him.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm just happy our offense could finally score more than 20 points a game. goes to show how sht BoB was at his job.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Kim and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

It is simple.

They are the Texans and they are still owned by the McNair family.

At the end of the day, they will disappoint you... so just accept who and what they are.

Think of them like you think of watching a really mediocre Adam Sandler Netflix movie... you will forget you watched in in a few days, but it passes the time.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You are right - there IS no comparison as the Rockets and Texans have not been exposed as cheaters.

15. Nook

Nook Member

This really isn't the thread for it but whatever.

First, Daryl Morey was never allowed to rebuild. As a result he never had high lottery picks like the Warriors or Lakers or the Cavs had. He had none...... he was told to stay competitive AND win a title in a sport where free agents typically only go to a few spots and where dynasties are built through the draft and free agency.

Daryl Morey essentially had to manufacture his way to getting franchise players (Harden) and through hard fought free agency against teams in LA and through trades.

How many times were the owners willing to go into the tax while Morey was there?

He also had catastrophic injuries to McGrady and Yao.

If not for an injury to Paul, he would have at least one title.

At the end of the day, Daryl Morey was an elite GM in a very difficult situation...... he is VASTLY superior to anyone the Oilers or Texans have ever had, and other than Luhnow (who got to actually rebuild), no GM in Houston sports comes close.

BigM and donkeypunch like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, the team they beat were stealing signs too, as well as other teams. People forget that little nugget of reporting though

Astros will be contenders for years to come. Rockets under Tilman will likely become a laughing stock while the Texans have been a laughing stock since their existence.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

You don't know baseball very well I take it.

cmoak1982 and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

That is about right.....

From winning meaningless division titles..... to sorting through the Colts garbage.

The Colts lose Andrew Luck and they rebuild in a year.

The Texans are going to be eating out of garbage cans.

19. HillBoy

The Rockets won't be a laughing stock but I don't expect them to be serious contenders for years to come not because of Tilman but because of the mess left behind by MDA and Morey. Same thing for the Houston Football Team which is screwed due to the mess left behind by the two Bobs. They will forever be in a position of catch-up until this ownership and organization realizes that winning starts at the top. Oh well, at least they're not the Cowboys...snicker, snicker.

20. HillBoy

Oh, I know a LOT about baseball. I grew up with the Colt 45s and then the Astros. I actually went to games at the old stadium on Buffalo Speedway as a kid. I would sneak a radio into bed and listen to their games under my covers. I was an Astro fan for 50 years until Crane took the bribe money and moved my team to the American League. After that, I was done with baseball. Haven't watched a single game since. Did not give a f**k when they won the World Series. Was neither surprised nor dismayed when they got caught cheating although folks up here in Dallas were most certainly happy to see them get caught. (Don't know why as the Rangers are as big a joke as are the Cows).