1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Who is it going to be? Jvg, Lucas, Silas Poll

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeyTexas254, Oct 17, 2020.

?

Who will be the Rockets next coach?

1. John Lucas

25.8%
  2. JVG

41.8%
  3. Stephen Silas

32.4%
  1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Oh I agree, I’m not remotely excited about it. But people calling him trash are jumping the gun a bit.

amaru and jevjnd like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Lucas cuz Harden/Westbrook said so. Also, probably cheapest option which favors Tilman.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Tillman probably saw our poll, read the results, and is now trying hard to troll us :D

4. mightybosstone

My bad. I didn't realize he actually had head coaching experience . Regardless, looking at his head coaching history, he never coached a team for more than two seasons, the last two teams he coached (mid-90s 76ers and early 2000s Cavs) were atrocious, and he hasn't been a head coach in 17 years. His overall record as a head coach is 173-258—not exactly a stellar resume. If you were just going off of resumes between he, Silas and JVG, I don't see how Lucas isn't a distant third if you're trying to win a title next year.

D-rock likes this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Its called ENTERTAINMENT - THATS what SPORTS IS! We come here as an escape to enjoy conversing (and even gossiping) about our team - and dont need some neidermeyer thinking he's the 'voice of reason...' poo pooing our good time!

and 'factual reporting' is oftentimes the spin - the 'cover story' that is being disseminated... while the truth has to be dug for... Of course, you probably still believe that Bzdelik left to 'spend time with his family', that Melo was given a fair opportunity, and Bzdelik returned totally independent of Melo leaving... thats the 'official story' on that...

and while the Lakers were the superior team (I'd been saying they would be our undoing in the playoffs for months) it wasnt that we lost it was how we lost... If you cant even acknowledge something so very (painfully) evident then you have lost all credibility....

bmelo likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

JVG and Chris Finch combo is back on the table.

COME ON.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol gotcha

Some like to live in fantasyland where their wildest dreams are facts that they then perpetuate by repeating over and over.

There is zero style of play we could have employed and won that series. Zero. Well other than never making the Westbrook trade.

And get over yourself with your predictions that we would eventually lose. REALLY going out on a limb on that one.

Here’s one. I foresee that the Lakers will not repeat as champions because AD refuses to manicure his eyebrows. Just you wait and see.

It won’t be because a better team was formed, or key players got injured, or their owner refused to go in luxury tax, or because a player they acquire completely ***** the bed.

Eyebrow manicuring. Because that’s my reality damnit!

#87 jordnnnn, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  8. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I’m not against Lucas, but I am for Silas. Lucas has had his problems in the past and I always love it when people can rebound from life’s trials. That being said, I’m for Silas because he really does seem like a bright guy. The roster will matter from there. We were whipped badly in the playoffs by the Lakers and desperately need options with size. Let’s make the right hire and let Harden and company do what they do best with good input from a good coach. If it’s Lucas, let’s hope that Harden is right, and If it’s Silas let’s see if fans’ perception is right this time. Let’s try to be optimistic and have some faith in one of the league’s transcendent talents.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

This should be the only option frankly. It won't be because Tilman but we can dream!

fckbandwagons and treyk3 like this.
  10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Is Bra Bra legit?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In a perfect world my friend but harden wants Lucas.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Harden doesn't hire the coach.

Harden is under a team controlled contract for two more years.

If Harden is demanding only Lucas, I WOULD BE SHOCKED.

You have to quit this empty tirade.

Hire the best coach and win games. Harden won't give a damn if it's Bugs Bunny or his mother if a championship comes.

D-rock, amaru, snowconeman22 and 3 others like this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That’s not what’s being reported by multiple sources and you know it.

Harden and the players have been clamoring for Lucas it’s well reported that’s the players choice.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

LeBron wanted Ty Lue and they didn't offer him enough money. Vogel was the coach and they won a championship. LeBron didn't pout about Vogel. You don't know what's going on behind closed doors. There's a difference between vouching for and requiring. If it's Lucas then we riot.

HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Please anybody but Lucas

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Lebron and harden ain’t built the same.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah he’s been dead on and was first to report the players interest in Lucas being HC months before being reported.

amaru likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea because LeBron leaves the team when things get hard or has a great coach fired when they are in first place. Harden sticks around for eight years despite the ownership being unwilling to spend. The Cavs were constantly in the luxury for LeBron.

D-rock, JoeyTexas254, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Fertitta is winning everyday he doesn't hire a coach.

Corrosion, D-rock, amaru and 2 others like this.