1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hunter Biden Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 14, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I get it... trump supporters are so heavily invested... their reputations are at stake. So they will say and do anything... and believe anything to protect their reputations. Even this...

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well here’s the thing... they all know it’s going to come out that just like the Macron hacked emails, this will be an obvious GRU hack and smear campaign (Rudy basically admitted it himself). They know that’s coming.

However they are that desperate for Trump to repeat 2016 with a Comey letter October surprise that this is where we are. They can’t make a case for Trump on the economy or his immigration policy or the virus... this is all they’ve got... GRU hacked emails on the candidates son... which show no wrongdoing by Joe Biden and just embarrass a family member who was struggling with addiction, and crappy jobs to make a buck.

This is truly desperate. They know Trump is toast, and they cannot think of a life where their identity politics that they need in their personal lives to feel empowerment is shattered in disgrace.

It really makes you feel sorry for them more than anything.

joshuaao likes this.
  3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

....hey, why not?

...it's where the Donald himself has had some of his greatest hits recorded!;)

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Speak for yourself. It’s these morons that perpetuate this nonsense and I can’t stand them. If you do not push back on that brand of racism, homophobia, and general lack of empathy for anyone or anything, we cannot be cool in any capacity.

VooDooPope, AleksandarN and vlaurelio like this.
  5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

And you made my point.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The thing I find strange is that if the laptop did not belong to Hunter Biden than either he or the Biden campaign would have put out a clear, definitive statement that the laptop isn’t his and the entire thing is made up. Correct me if I’m wrong, but we didn’t get that. Instead, it was “We checked his official schedule, and there wasn’t a meeting with a Burisma exec in his calendar.”

What do you make of that?

That’s why I’m not ready to just dismiss the idea that those laptops were his and they somehow got in the hands of these people. The denials seem to be too evasive.

My guess at this point is that at least some of these emails are real, or they are real with some minor tampering to make them more suggestive of Joe Biden’s involvement than they were.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

why? at this point his die hard supporters love all these hate, bigotry, and racism that trump is spewing. why feel sorry for those kind of people?

Trump is doin what he is doin not for himself but for them because they relate to that and they love that.

8. vlaurelio

if you were "undecided" will make your decision easier?

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Debunked by who? The DIA director? LOL. That guy is a Trump nut licker. The credible Intelligence people say this a classic Russian tactic.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'd like to focus on what we do know. What are the facts:

-Hunter Biden is Joe Biden's Son
    -Hunter Biden had a drug problem
    -Joe Biden is running for President
    -Trump campaign has solicited Russia for dirt on Biden
    -Reported GRU hack of Burisma
    -Rudy G going to Ukraine to work with Russian linked officials
    -Rudy admitting he did it at Presidents direction in capacity as personal lawyer
    -Trump is impeached for Ukrainian president angle (announcement of Biden investigation for military equipment)
    -Hunter Biden dirt disseminated via NY Post via Rudy Guiliani
    -Guilianni admits he worked with Russian agent in process

So.... why are we focused on the shop owner, and "Is it via a laptop, or via a hack" etc. etc.??? Why do those details matter when all the above is true? Either way it's obvious that Rudy Gulianni did not get the contents of Hunter Biden's emails in a way that makes anything less damaging to the Trump regime. Everyone is focused on the Biden camps reaction, and reading the tea leaves to make what they want to see out of their reaction.... but that just distracts from the real question which is:

Is ANY of the above okay to you???

Throughout this process the Trump regime has REPEATEDLY sought after, and openly flaunted the fact that they were soliciting dirt, and openly working with the Russians to get it. Whether in the end it really did come from a blind computer shop guy, or from the GRU really doesn't matter. What matters is the solicitation, and the willingness to work with our enemies for personal dirt on a domestic political opponent. That is bad, and should be shunned here in America, and instead we are focused on crap like arguing... "Is that photo faked...is the Shop keeper really blind??".... It's exactly what the Trump campaign and the GRU who is helping them want.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

When did you stop beating your wife?

Dubious likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

he's "undecided" and this will finally sway his vote LOL

13. durvasa

It is possible that Giuliani knowingly worked with a Russian contact to dig up dirt on Biden. That’s not OK. It also doesn’t mean the “dirt” should be unexamined.

You say that what matters is the solicitation. Sure, that matters, but truth also matters. We should not settle into a place where we use the “dirty” actions of one side as an excuse to look away from the dirty actions of the other side. If we indulge in that, how can we call out our political opponents for doing the same?

14. vlaurelio

okay so what dirt is directly on Joe Biden again?

dobro1229 likes this.
  15. durvasa

I‘ve already voted, and this would not have changed my vote.

16. vlaurelio

but what dirt is ON Biden that you're saying needs to be investigated?

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't know what to make of it. They aren't Joe Biden's laptops or hard drive. They aren't belonging to anyone in the campaign. So maybe they don't want to speak for Hunter Biden.

What I know is the story is so weird. 3 laptops and an external hard drives dropped off on the other side of the country to a person who just happens to be big Trump guy. The guy that owns the shop is legally blind. Thinks the laptops are important due to a Beau Biden sticker and turns them over to the FBI, but doesn't keep the security footage. The shop charges only $85 for 3 computers and an external hard drive. Hunter Biden supposedly drops of personally and provides his personal information despite being well known and wealthy.

So much of this is so easy to fake it is ridiculous. Honestly there is no reason to even deny the email as true. It would be easier to say it is always possible I briefly met someone at an event, but I don't recall that person in particular. Hell, Trump's denied ever meeting plenty of people he's been photographed with, often multiple times. And despite him being a constant liar, it is one thing I believe is easily true that he has no re-collection of meeting them.

vlaurelio and durvasa like this.
  18. durvasa

There is no direct dirt on him as far as I can tell, as I’ve already stated.

But some people seem too eager to dismiss all the emails as fakes because of the alleged Russian involvement, and I can’t do that.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That 40% is not gonna believe him anyway if he addresses it or not.

He has already addressed this several times especially when it came up during impeachment.

20. durvasa

He can address it again. A lot of voters weren’t paying as much attention to the story back then, and so any evasiveness now will give the appearance that he is trying to hide something.