1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Souces] We're not going to win the championship...Blow it up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Oct 18, 2020.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ida screamed had Dream gone to Heat!!!

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Before Hakeem won it all, there were fans demanding to trade him because he 'wouldn't play' when he was injured. Ownership was having trouble with Hakeem as well. Giving up on Harden now has the same exact potential as giving up on Hakeem did back then. I'd rather give Harden 8 more chances now than give up on him and pray some unknown draft pick is gonna do the trick.

New, exciting? Sure.. trading Westbrook and Harden may be that, but hunkering down may give us the biggest joy of all(and that's far more likely than a reboot). They are still both recent MVPs and a new coach might be the only trick we need. Afterall, Westbrook was not made for D'Antoni's coaching. He just wasn't.

BallSoHarden, D-rock, split41 and 3 others like this.
  3. Audioout

Audioout Member

Lakers are an injury away from being mediocre
    The Heat are in the East, I'll take a series with them for the chip
    Warriors are back but they aren't the KD era Warriors
    Clippers likely minus Trez and Bev and even more chemistry issues
    KD and Kyrie won't be good at all, maybe 4th in East if lucky
    Nuggets never scare me
    Celtics aren't legit yet

You never know what can happen in a season. We were very close on more than one Lakers game and Lakers got lucky with a hot streak from 3 that they rode for the rest of the playoffs. Any team that shot that hot from 3 for those games would have won it all. We don't even know who our head coach will be or what kind of philosophy we will have yet. Calm down, and let's see what happens.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

John Lucas is going to be naked HC and that should tell you all you need to know about the direction of this team with James.

5. Nook

Nook Member

With James? If you want to blame someone, blame the owner. The owner has the ultimate say on who the coach is. For better or worse, the owner and GM get the blame and the credit for the coaching hire. If Tilman and Stone Silas or Van Gundy, then they will hire one of them.

Deuce, D-rock, baller4life315 and 2 others like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Loyalty
    You too business minded to have too much of it
    This is where I think we parted from agreeing on the state of the Rockets

Rocket River

split41 and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I truly don't understand this whole "built for the regular season" nonsense. Harden has only been getting better in the playoffs every year, and I still see this unsubstantiated, vapid drivel... Did you see the numbers he put up over the last couple seasons in the playoffs? Exactly how much more do you want him to do??? The problem is the team we're putting around him. Everyone on this team is disposable except Harden, who is a transcendent, generational talent, and it's sad (and scary) how many "fans" even of his own team take him for granted...

People act like we're Giannis' Bucks or something. Harden has never lost a series where he was the favorite. He's won a couple (and come close in a couple more) where he was the underdog, though. We're just losing to better teams. Has nothing to do with Harden being a "regular season" player.

Harden is officially the best player in NBA history without a title, and probably the single most underrated player of my life time at this point.

mikol13, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think we agree 90% of the time...just in this stuff....I am not too business minded, I am championship or contender minded.

DD

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Say it again

Rocket River

bmelo and SuperMarioBro like this.
  10. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I’m down with trading Westbrook to New York for picks and RJ Barrett, Rapheal Stone need to get this done cause NY is desperate right now for a star player

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Delete

#31 Rudyc281, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I should really have said "where his team was the favorite", because most of my issue here is that everyone wants to put all of the blame (or all of the credit) on one guy just because he's the best player. But yeah, point stands.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

No I blame Morey and James they have been the constant for the last 13 years.

Morey is on record saying once he acquired James he has heavily involved him in the decision making process.

And if Tilman doesn’t do it and James demands a trade people will say he drove off James.

Morey gave James the superstar treatment as he should but once the results didn’t match up Morey should of pulled back some.

Harden has had it made he’s gotten all the superstar treatment but without the pressure of winning.

Now enter Tilman who says show me results or your gone.

Morey 13 years and haven’t gotten over the hump - Bye
    MDA never gotten over the hump - Bye

Now it’s your turn James you want Russ - Ok fine let’s do it.

You want Lucas - Ok let’s do it but if I don’t see results your time is up as well.

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Harden is fool’s gold. Glamorous stats but don’t translate to playoff wins. Getting rid of him is a must if we want to win a championship.

15. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I think I agree with you that we should move on if Westbrook is a condition that is really there, but sometimes I think about how the Heat went from Whiteside anchoring them down to being in the finals, and I think that there might still be something there after all. Do you think that a turnaround is at all possible for this team. I don’t think so, but I think it’s been done before.

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

Morey would not walk away if he thought Rockets have a chance and if he don't think so neither do I because I was sceptic about him even when he was sure

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

This is not 95 and Harden is not Hakeem

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Harden is top 1on1 player ever. But not as overall player he has too big of shortcomings. He has little to bad impact on his teammates to be considered that high

19. hakeemthagreat

When I recommended trading him 2 years ago, preferably for Lillard, I was basically called a troll. Now thats Morey's gone its "sell high!!!". So I was right again?

20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

For real! So many people here would have been pissed the dream trade didn't go through.

don grahamleone likes this.