1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots ...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Oct 19, 2020.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

This is Trump calling Fauci and scientist idiots. He goes on to say if Fauci was in charge there would be 500k deaths or more. You guys defend trump still. I never seen a president that has so much distain for science and facts as trump and you followers just eat it up. I think it says more about you then trump sadly.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/19/politics/donald-trump-anthony-fauci-coronavirus/index.html

malakas, RayRay10, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People are tired of it! Lulz

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

For all my disagreements with Trump on his policies and the Republican platform more generally, it is his attacks on science and facts and the impact it has had on the population that above all else drives my opposition to him. He is not the sole cause of our increasingly anti-facts and anti-reason culture, and there are segments on the Left who I think are also blameworthy in this regard. But his administration has been an absolute disaster on that front, causing irreparable damage to our society.

Sajan, edwardc, mdrowe00 and 12 others like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I recommend people watch the 60 Minutes interview of Fauci from yesterday. Fauci talks about how he needs Federal Agent protection and how his family has been harassed.

Sanctity, malakas, RayRay10 and 5 others like this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Trump's action resulting in people getting death threats, attempted kidnappings, riots, coronavirus.

Sanctity, edwardc, malakas and 12 others like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People want to hear about Hunter Biden Hunter Biden.

Gives the people what they want!!!

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I’ve never met Dr. Fauci, but he seems like one of the smartest and best guys you could ever meet. It blows my mind that anyone would make a death threat against him.

Trump and his followers are beyond stupid. Stupid loves stupid I guess.

ipaman, Dubious, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Take a large segment of the population that is uneducated, fearful, prone to believing conspiracy theories, that displays bravado to mask their intense insecurity in a complex world that has long since passed them by intellectually.

Give this people simple sound bites to repeat and boogeymen to blame all their problems on. Tell them that complicated science is actually wrong and believe in their gut instead.

Tell stupid people that being stupid is a virtue. That’s what they’ve always wanted and Trump is giving them what they want.

ROCKSS, mdrowe00, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It’s hard to imagine what the most harmful part of Trump’s legacy will be, given dozens of options, but turning a good chunk of the population maybe permanently against medical advice, particularly in emergencies, will be hard to top. (Sigh)

malakas, RayRay10, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd like to think that a large amount of Trump voters will be just straight ticket voters, but there is a second large segment of Trump voters that are egotistical narcissists, racists, and just ignorant in general. It's funny because they're so keen of voting on someone that is all of the above, and feel comfortable doing so because they feel he is just like them and it validates them. In reality, he's the one benefitting off them and he couldn't care less about them.

RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Strong Republican support for Donny makes me suspect there will always be a low regulation anarchist party that knows it can't starve the beast (and lose support of the populists). Instead they just slash and burn agencies and cripple it's authority through graft and wasteful spending.

Pretty idiotic how this has been legitimized in the last twenty years.

I feel bad for the hardcore Republicans who are long lasting civil servants but are now considered part of the Deep State. They were opaque sons of b****es but you couldn't deny their sense of duty and desire to uplift the nation to better heights

12. HROZ

HROZ Member

Trump seems to have exaggerate things by about 10x.

500 years, closer to 50 years.

500,000 dead, probably 50,000 dead if he listened to Fauci.

edwardc, VooDooPope, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  13. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

My wife definitely is. I cringed when I heard she voted for Trump. She's Hispanic, a woman and a nurse. 2 our of those 3 groups have absolutely been shitted on by Trump. Doesn't matter though.

Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Much respect to this man. Already 79, and I'm pretty sure he doesnt need the money. He is willing to put up with all this crap to serve and save lives.

ElPigto, Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Did she say why?

If caged Hispanic babies separated from their mothers didn't do it for her, I worry about her compassion as a nurse.

Sajan and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

First of all, I would never have to deal with this because my wife isn’t an idiot but if she decided that she was going to vote for Trump, we would have to get divorced. There is no way we could continue living together and I would hope that she would think the same of me.

gifford1967, Dubious and RayRay10 like this.
  17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Yeah, umm... I don't have a good answer for you? lol. I truly don't. The caged babies deal she was saying, well it happened under Obama too. I'm like umm, no not like this. I didn't get anywhere on that argument. We naturally don't talk a ton of politics because we just get into fights over Dems vs Republican stuff. She's a really good nurse though. Just she's very stuck on conservative beliefs and is a straight ticket kind of voter. It defies logic to me, but I love her aside from politics.

RayRay10, ROCKSS and B-Bob like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is an interesting topic, hispanics and Trump.

I want to put this as delicately as possible but does she and her family think of themselves as white or white adjacent?

Do they want to be accepted in certain circles?

I notice this is a phenomenon with the majority of black trumpers.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

You know, I'm not 100% sure. We never get deep enough into the political weeds to go into that detail. From what I know about her family, she's from the Valley (McAllen, Edinburg area) which is predominantly Democrat territory. I know she has conservative values and ideals such as abortion is evil, gays are meh, etc. Like half her family is liberal, the other half conservative.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok, I know some people of color think that going Republican elevates them and makes them acceptable to certain circles.

My grandmother was like this, she has tried pushing me republican since I was in college.

She was a Trump lover as well.

RayRay10 and TWS1986 like this.