1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I voted!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dubious, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, joshuaao, Astrodome and 3 others like this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Wrong thread.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

That's true.... but Trump is going to lose anyway.

What's important for Texans is dislodging the entrenched powers that gerrymander and suppress voting. This election is one step in that direction and large voting numbers, especially in urban areas, are the antidote. The races for State Senators, State Representatives, Congressmen, Judges, hell, dogcatcher, are all going to be influenced by an anti Trump anti GOP movement. Democrats may not win State control, but it's going to be a significant gain in power and influence. One step in turning Texas blue, in the next election cycle.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

TX could turn blue this Nov. Trump could still escape defeat this Nov. There is probably a better chance of TX turning blue. Don’t take your vote for granted and exercise your choice.

[​IMG]

RayRay10, joshuaao and B-Bob like this.
  5. what

what Member

I'm just going to say this that this thread is certainly Democrats-leaning.
    I just have a funny feeling that people need to not get too comfortable with the fact that everybody's voting Democrats this year based on this thread.
    So if you taking this thread to assume that the Republicans even on this board are not voting in droves you probably got another thing coming.
    So everybody needs to vote especially people who are wanting to get Donald Trump out of office because it's going to be a struggle.
    The Trump silent majority is still in play for sure.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that absolutely no one on CF is predicting a Biden victory based on this thread.

I still don't understand this "silent majority" bit. Majority of what? Voters? He lost the popular vote, if you'll remember.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Voted in Katy. In 2016 and 2018, volunteers were mostly seniors. I saw 3 volunteers in this one polling place that looks like high school kids. Good to see that.

8. what

what Member

It means polls don't mean much because trump voters don't broadcast.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Except, again, the polls in 2016 were not wrong. And, again, he lost the popular vote. So, I ask again...majority of what?

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and Dubious like this.
  10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

There's zero evidence of this. If this were true, you'd see variability among online polls, IVR polls and live caller polls.

All three polling styles have largely moved in unison. Also in hindsight, we had a warning in 2016. District polling and some state polling clearly indicated that white working class voters were leaning towards Trump in higher numbers. The campaigns basically ignored those signs. Also there were obvious signs like Trump winning an Ohio poll in 2016 by 8 points but somehow losing in a Wisconsin poll by 7. You can't win Ohio by 8 and then lose Wisconsin by 7 so that was a clear sign that there was an issue with the polling in 2016.

This year, we're actually seeing the opposite. The district polls actually lean MORE towards Biden than the state and national polls. The biggest tell is polling in solid Republican states like North Dakota and West Virginia where we are seeing 15+ point swings towards Biden from 2016. At some point you have to acknowledge that Biden is at least doing better than Clinton with both white working class voters in the North AND suburban voters. Also unlike 2016, the polls have been stable since May. In 2016, we had huge swings throughout the election that haven't happened this year.

None of this means that a polling error can't happen but looking back at 2016, we had clear indications that some of the polls were off. This year I just dont see the same sort of inconsistencies. If anything, the inconsistency is that the district polls project a larger win than the state and national polls which would point to a potential polling error in the opposite direction.

jiggyfly, RayRay10, Dubious and 2 others like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Took 5 minutes at the bacliff fire department

RayRay10 and tmoney1101 like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Given we're playing WWE rules with Scott Foster as ref, we really need a hidden swing in the Biden's direction to save America's sanity for the rest of the year...

RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wanted to go on the 1st day of early voting on the 13th, but ended up not having the time until today

voted like 30 minutes ago, and it was very quick and easy...no line whatsoever as I fulfilled my civic duty to help save this country

RayRay10, Dubious, pirc1 and 2 others like this.
  14. tmoney1101

Voted at the moco library in the woodlands. Took about 30 minutes and had to wait in line with maskless trumpers but got it done.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. MystikArkitect

I never voted straight ticket. I prefer Conservatives in certain positions and Liberals in others. Abbott took that away to help their chances. So for the first time I voted straight Blue.

More than Trump being gone, I'm looking forward to a modernized and overhauled GOP. What even is that party right now.

RayRay10, Dubious and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. tmoney1101

Oh they broadcast. Standing in line today I could point each of them out by their dollar store American flag shirts and their anti mask pride. The lady I front of me not wearing a mask was trying to talk to everyone she saw, which normally I wouldn’t mind because I like to bullshit, but since she wasn’t wearing a mask it bothered me so I just kept pointing to my air pods hoping she’d get the point.

jiggyfly, RayRay10, Dubious and 3 others like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's really sad that they're literally going to make it harder for conscientious people to vote safely. Dammit.
    Thanks for voting though.

18. tmoney1101

Evil, callous, shellfish, idiotic, just to name a few.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. tmoney1101

What annoys me is that I’m proactively trying to protect her and others from myself but they see it as well he has a mask on so what’s he worried about. They still don’t get that the mask is to protect others but does little to protect the wearer.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i just went to the one by woodlands mall. there was no line and it took 5 minutes.

they are open until 7pm i was amazed how fast.

the illusion of choice seems to be be there..faith in democracy restored?

RayRay10 and tmoney1101 like this.