1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Harden will demand a trade if Westbrook leaves the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Whether this rumor is true is irrelevant. We know that Harden wants Westbrook here. We also know that Harden and Westbrook have a say in the choice of future coach.

At this point, I am with the blow it up camp. I don't oppose to getting rid of both of them because we aren't going anywhere with these two cornerstones. The Lakers and the Clippers have leapt frog in front of us. Denver is getting better. GS is getting better. Dallas is getting better. We are 4th or 5th in the West at best, maybe 6th.

Get some high picks by trading Harden. Get some trash back without giving up any picks by trading Westbrook. The draft is a crap shoot. But it's more likely to luck into a once in a decade talent than expecting a Harden-Westbrook led team to win a championship.

2. Sanity2disChaos

Lucas will be the coach.

Westbrook will be a rocket

That’s about all we have....

and we will Run it Back.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden better get used to playing in an empty gym because they'll be empty even after the pandemic.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#Tilman has RUN OFF...

GM, Daryl Morey.
    Assistant GM, Monte McNair.
    Coach, D'Antoni.

Not out of the question he runs off James Harden. Tilman's arrogance and hubris knows no bounds.

I, of course hope it doesn't happen. I hope Harden retires a Rocket. I don't take him for granted. But after what i have seen over the last few months with Tilman, anything is possible.

Ramo$e, jevjnd and D-rock like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

A lot of things in life are not searching "for the best solution"........but accepting "the least worst of" solutions.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or making the best out of bad situations.

Hence making lemonade out of lemons.

7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

If Westbrook himself goes and tells Harden "Hey let them trade me", I doubt Harden would get in the way of that. That's the only way I can see this getting done. They have to work with Westbrook in finding a trade for him. For example, if we tell Philly that we'll give them Westbrook for everything not Embiid and Simmons, maybe Russ can be sold on being in a big three under Doc's tutelage in a tough city that mirrors his attitude. Coming back we can have Horford, Tobias, Josh Richardson, Alec Burks, Shake Milton. We have to do something creative that will satisfy all sides.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Not true until @cyberx says its true!

Ramo$e and fckbandwagons like this.
  9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Didn't you hear the news? Cyberx just stepped down as GM.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We could turn water into wine but that is out the window now that Morey is gone.

D-rock likes this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Morey wasn’t perfect. He seemed to be less interested in being GM than ever for the past three years. I hope he finds a new passion and I hope it’s outside of basketball because I want him as an outside consultant for this team in perpetuity. I see him getting into Broadway as a producer.

Ramo$e likes this.
  12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Thanks for putting that together! The details aren't as bad as I thought.

baller4life315, Deuce and saleem like this.
  13. RocketRed84

RocketRed84 Member

Why is this written like it was translated from Chinese on Google Translate?? LOL

charlieaustin and jacoby like this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I never argued that dude. You are making a prediction. I said call it what it is. As of now he is potential since he hasn’t done anything yet.

lloyde8 likes this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Can't wait to trade Harden for picks

16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Star players are hard to come by. Having Westbrook is useless without Harden. Morey made it look easy. Even in drafts there is no guarantee if you pick high they will be a star. We gave Harden what he wanted it's TOO late to be thinking about folding, Tilman is all in. I wouldn't trade Harden until we were offered a Top 5 pick. His value will never be higher than now, but that is exactly why Tilman will keep him. He has to have some consolation prize for fans to buy tickets. Tilman is NOT Morey and is not thinking in these terms like you and I.

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I guess I'm still all in on Harden personally.

Even with a gutted roster playing alongside Harden, you're almost assured a 50 win season and a 1st or 2nd round playoff exit. Unless there is an equivalent trade that can get you those results, I think you still hold onto Harden unless he demands a trade that forces your hand to take a deal under less than ideal circumstances.

The Rockets are closer to being one piece away from winning it all than they are from being multiple pieces away through years of rebuilding. It really would just depend on if Tillman would be willing to go over the cap for even a rental season to possibly win it all and also assuming there are viable attainable players right now that could be acquired to make the Rockets title favorites. Given how financially leveraged Tillman is, and the Rockets track record of always going under luxury tax, it's unlikely the Rockets would make a one year rental for a title shot gamble, but that really is all it would take. I'm in the camp that thinks if the Rockets just signed Ariza to a 1 year 15 million year deal, putting the Rockets over the luxury tax in the 18-19' season, that they might have won it all already. They were that close IMO. They're still not that far off if Tillman is willing to go for broke.

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Got to think Harden nets you some good picks.

DD

19. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Fair enough

20. rockets13champs

We have to rebuild the Morey way. If u trade Harden/Westbrook u gotta stay in the bottom playoff range atleast until ur able to tank again.that’s why the rockets no matter what can’t implode yet.