1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hunter Biden Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 14, 2020.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the same John Ratcliffe that is the Director of National Intelligence.

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This same john ratcliffe:

President Donald Trump announced on July 28, 2019, that he intended to nominate Ratcliffe to replace Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence. Trump expressed confidence Ratcliffe could "rein in" intelligence agencies which he asserted had "run amok."

Ratcliffe has little experience in national security or national intelligence and is reported to have demonstrated little engagement on the matters as a congressman.[5][6][60] Trump's intent to nominate Ratcliffe became controversial when he was found to have misrepresented his role in prosecuting terrorism and immigration cases.[5][61][62] On February 29, 2020, Sen. Mark Warner, vicechair of the Senate Intelligence Committee warned Trump against nominating Ratcliffe.[13]

Ratcliffe is well known for criticizing the FBI and the special counsel investigation as being biased against Trump. Ratcliffe has also alleged that Russian interference may have benefited Trump's 2016 rival candidate Hillary Clinton more than it benefited Trump. American intelligence agencies, the Senate Intelligence Committee and Robert Mueller have maintained that Russia interfered to help Trump. A week before Trump's announcement, Ratcliffe had argued that the special counsel investigation put Trump "below the law" because it declined to exonerate Trump. Later, Ratcliffe claimed on Fox News that the special counsel investigation's report was not written by special counsel Robert Mueller, but by "Hillary Clinton’s de facto legal team".[63][8]

Democrats asserted Ratcliffe was unqualified and too partisan to serve in such a role, which is historically considered relatively nonpartisan.[64] Some Republicans also privately expressed discontent with his selection and concerns about his ability to be confirmed.[65] However, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr and Senator John Cornyn expressed confidence in him.[66][67] Democratic senators including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and Ron Wyden, a member of the Intelligence Committee, said that Ratcliffe’s only qualification for the office appeared to be "blind loyalty" to Trump, noting that he has promoted some of Trump’s conspiracy theories about the Russia investigation and has called for prosecution of Trump’s political enemies.[68][63] Several former members of the intelligence community expressed concerns that Ratcliffe's appointment risked politicizing intelligence work.[5][69] They expressed fear that with Ratcliffe as DNI, Trump would in effect be assuming personal control over the intelligence community, which would then be expected to tell him only what he wants to hear.[70] They stressed the need for intelligence to be "candid, truthful and accurate even if it is unpleasant and does not confirm to the biases of the president".[8]

On August 2, 2019, Trump said in a tweet that he was withdrawing Ratcliffe's name from nomination, claiming that mainstream media scrutiny of Ratcliffe (though using the "lamestream" pejorative in the actual message) was unfair, and would result in "months of slander and libel," while White House sources said that Trump had become concerned about Ratcliffe's chances for confirmation, following feedback from some Republican senators.[9][12] Speaking to reporters later that day, Trump insisted the press had treated Ratcliffe unfairly, but he also stated that he liked the way the press vetted his nominees, saying "You vet for me."[71] In his formal statement withdrawing from consideration, Ratcliffe said, "I do not wish for a national security and intelligence debate surrounding my confirmation, however untrue, to become a purely political and partisan issue. The country we all love deserves that it be treated as an American issue. Accordingly, I have asked the President to nominate someone other than me for this position."[72]

On February 28, 2020, President Donald Trump publicly announced Ratcliffe to be his nominee for Director of National Intelligence.[73] The nomination came to the U.S. Senate on March 3, 2020. The U.S. Select Senate Committee on Intelligence held hearings on May 5, 2020, which started with a letter from former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft in favor of the nomination. U.S. Senator John Cornyn introduced Ratcliffe and supported his nomination.[74] The Committee later voted in favor of the nomination on May 19, 2020.[75]

Ratcliffe was confirmed by the Senate on May 21, 2020 by a vote of 49 to 44.[76] He was sworn in on May 26.[77]

Thirty-five days before the November 2020 election, Ratcliffe declassifed 2016 Russian disinformation that asserted Hillary Clinton had personally approved a scheme to associate Trump with Vladmir Putin and Russian hacking of the Democratic National Committee. Ratcliffe provided the disinformation to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, who publicly released it. The disinformation had been previously rejected as baseless by the Republican-controlled Senate Intelligence Committee. Ratcliffe acknowledged in a letter to Graham that the intelligence community "does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication."[78]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ratcliffe_(American_politician)

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You just explained the popular vote of 2016. Nice job there. So what do you have to say about the thread topic? Do you think there aren't partisan efforts at play? Oh wait, you trollin.

5. Nook

Nook Member

If it was a scandal that was deemed as valid by actual journalists, and it wasn't turned down by Fox and every other rag except the NY Post..... and then the written would have actually put his name on it, and not another writers name without permission....... and had it even a drop of possible validity, then I am sure that Biden would address it. At this point, if Biden addresses it, all it does is keep it in the spotlight longer.

In order to believe there is any validity to it......... we have to accept that the director of the FBI, a known Republican and someone appointed by Donald Trump decided to sit on the information on the laptop for 10 months.....

Mind you, this is the exact stuff that Trump was impeached on...... and the Republicans then opened an investigation on Joe Biden and released a report recently stating that it found no credible evidence of Biden protecting his son or engaging in any wrong doing.

We have a blind repairman that claims he got three computers from someone claiming to be Hunter Biden. He cannot identify if it was Hunter Biden because he is blind. He had camera video recording inside his business but did not keep the recording. The shop owner will not say when he decided to look through the contents of the laptop nor how he handled the data.

At that point the shop owner (who is a huge Trump supporter) states he went through "people he trusts" who put him in contact with the FBI, who issued a subpoena and took the laptop. Despite that, the owner decided to make copies of the content and give it to Rudy G. The owner said he made a copy and gave it to Rudy G because he was angry that the President was being impeached.

At a later date the owner of the shop stated that he made copies because he is scared for his life and connected what could happen to him, to what happened in a bunch of discredited conspiracy theories.

We also know for a fact that Russia wants Biden to lose (the counterintelligence security director said so) and we know that Rudy G has been working with a Russian spy and members of the Ukranian government that are connected with Russia.

Invisible Fan and ROXTXIA like this.
  6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You are the one that said partisan reasoning. Yet you still haven’t back it up and you want me Disprove your point when you haven’t even backed it up yourself Lol. You couldn’t illustrate George Carlin’s point any better. Great job. Lol

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You do realize the billionaires influence those real journalists you rely on. Are you ignorant of how business works? Journalism at those types of outlets is vetted as to not offend political allies. The left basically is protected across the board in the mainstream. Why do you think the right doesn't just just read WaPo and NYT now... the CNNs... the MSNBCs... even Fox to an extent sometimes? They cover the asses of the left. The fact that they censored it without a real cause and aren't reporting should be a signal to you that they aren't really true to journalistic ethics.

Also I love how you are more angry at a potential and UNPROVEN Russia claim. That was debunked already and you are still on it.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Be more specific about the Russia claim and I will give you an answer.

I don't watch MSNBC...... I don't have much use for people like Maddow or Hannity or any of the over the top pure partisan drivel, it doesn't do anything for me.

AleksandarN likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

No ****?

Is that supposed to mean something based on his track record and unquestioned bias?

AleksandarN likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Just like this thread.

See? There I go again! KEEPING THIS THREAD ALIVE.

Nook, AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are the one on about it. You be more specific. I don't think there is one and have seen no reason for it. And it's also been debunked. So please you go on.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Even if it is true, worst case scenario, which I seriously doubt. Biden sells influence. Okay, so does Trump.

How does this affect my vote?

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Right. They cover the asses of the left because "billionaires", as if there are not Republican billionaires. Hell Fox News is owned by one.

The reason that NO credible news source took the story is because it cannot be verified and it reeks to high heaven. From the fact that Bannon and Rudy G are involved, to the fact that the FBI has had the laptop for 10 months and no findings against Biden have been reported, to the Republican lead Senate committee on the claimed impropriety of Biden that found no criminal actions on the part of Biden.

That is why no main stream media ran it...... that is why the person that actually wrote the article refused to put their name on it, and the person who has their name on it has distanced themselves from the article and said that they never agreed to have their name on it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I am suggesting that the FBI could have partisan reasons to withhold damaging info to one side of the political spectrum. Especially individuals or groups within the FBI. The FBI as a whole, I doubt it. There is your explanation kiddo.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Show me something in the post you quoted concerning Russia and I will tell you the basis of what I said.

I don't believe I said that the laptop came from Russia, I don't know where it came from........ All I have said is that Russia purposely attempted to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and Trump on national television asked Russia to find Clinton's emails.

In 2020 we have the Counterintelligence Director some time ago come out and say that Russia is interfering in the 2020 US election and wants Trump to win re-election.

Those are facts..... I believe the FBI director has also discussed Russian efforts in 2020 to meddle in the US election.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The billionaires WANT globalism because their money is tied up in China. They want Biden because he's a limp dick on China. It's plain as day. They don't care about anything except money and the ones with international ties want money flowing; national security and the national economy be damned. That story was verified and that's why the NY Post took it. Biden's attorney's called the shop for it and we have Biden's signature. We have sources ON RECORD. Balls in Bidens court now to deny it. I'm not sure what you want? Biden to come out an say it? He won't talk about it because he's guilty and wants schlubs to ignore the mounting evidence. Biden's group also DENIED that the meeting took place, admitting essentially that the emails were real.

I love how there is an impossible set of hurdles for you to take a story seriously. I bet you took unsourced info about Trump peeing on a bet with anime and hookers seriously. I bet you took EVERY unverified source seriously about him. Nah, this story has legs to stand on and until I hear Biden deny it I will conclude it is true.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know you're being hypothetical, but this is the lane they want people to drive in. "He does it, too"-isms.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, and individuals in the FBI could also have a deep love of balding Russian men and as a result are protecting Putin.

The point is you have no evidence. There was a time before "alternative facts" where evidence, real evidence mattered and those that were making shot in the dark claims had to prove them.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You threw Russia shade with your post, don't play coy. You are backing up because you know there is nothing.

cml750 likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't have evidence about the FBI and I said I really don't care that much until more info comes out. It was obvious speculation. And? Go back to the original post. I was explaining what I meant by that. It wasn't even a critical part of my post. Go to the facts yourself. Yall are the ones dragging this off topic with the FBI issue and the fake Russia nonsense.