1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2020-21]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by primtim24, Sep 3, 2020.

1. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

haha, I would have lost big either way. Just depends on Kyler Murray & Hopkins tonight if big time blow out or closer. Thanks for the friendly advice!

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thanks for the response.

That was my worry as well. I lost big this week and the trade wouldn't have made a difference but I didn't end up making it.

For some reason I didn't get the notification for your reply... thanks again though.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Have two trade offers to bounce off folks.

1. 14 team PPR SuperFlex. My Brandin Cooks for his Daniel Jones.

I only have two QBs (Watson, Burrow). Their bye weeks are week 8 and week 9. My WRs are Kupp, Claypool, Cooks, Jeudy, Gallup. I was outbid on the only QBs on waivers the past few weeks (Herbert, Darnold). Jones lines up with the byes (week 8 vs TB, week 9 vs WFT) and Burrow's game vs PIT (Jones vs PHI week 10, vs CLE week 15).

2. Different league: PPR My Edmunds for his Mattison.

I am the Dal Cook owner. My other RBs are Montgomery, Justin Jackson, Zack Moss, and Edmunds. The MIN bye week is this week. Cook should be ready to play week. 9.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I understand selling high on Cooks but would there be any WR needy teams that you could trade him to for players like Tannehill, Goff, or even Carr? The Giants offense is just a bit too boom/bust and they have some pretty tough defensive matchups (TB being one of them).

I would trade Edmunds for Mattison straight up... I can definitely see Cook missing time once again and if you can I would lock up Boone too, just in case.

5. NewRoxFan

Thanks for the response! In this SuperFlex league (16 teams) its almost a guarantee that a few teams won't have three QBs. In our league one owner drafted four (I am sure guessing someone like me would come crawling for a trade). Another owner used the strategy of adding backup QBs playing on MNF with home the starter was injured (and he lucked out when Dak was hurt). SO in our league, only two teams are realistically "trade targets"). I go shot down by the owner that lucked into Dalton. The other owner with "an extra" QB is the one I am trying to trade with now. One other wrinkle is that the QB I add can't have the same bye weeks as my QBs (Watson, week 8, Burrow week 9).

This is probably the hardest and worst time to try to acquire Tannehill... he has had one of the highest seasons so far (out scores LJax and even Mahomes). And... he has a brutal stretch coming up (PIT, CIN, CHI, IND, BAL, IND). He works from a bye point of view, but that owner has better WRs than I do (Ridley, Godwin, Tee Higgins). So he likely wouldn't be interested.

Goff won't work as he has a week 9 bye. Carr actually would be a decent target since their bye week already passed and Ruggs is back. But, that owner only has three QBs and again, his WRs are better than mine (Hopkins, Thomas, OBJ).

re: the other trade... you make a strong point. The other strategy is to not roster your cuffs but other team's cuffs, with the upside you would then have an additional starter (not a replacement to yours). I am still thinking of it... I only wish I could use the other owners need to get a little more. Much like the Daniel Jones owner... turning down my earlier offers (Gallup, Jeudy) and countering with Cooks.

You gave me lots to think over... thanks!!

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No problem. If you had made the trade for Jones yesterday would it have processed in time for TNF?

That turf monster trip would have probably sent you to sh** if you did have and start him. That would have been a damn near 80 yard TD run... I had Josh Allen, Dak Prescott, and Ryan Tannehill a couple weeks ago - traded Allen for an upgrade at TE and depth at RB (lost Quon at week 1 pretty much) and then Dak's ankle turned into an L a week ago. Now I'm down to Tanny and Carr of the wire (possibly Burrow) but that's how quickly my QB situation has turned from great to meh... Either way I know Tanny is due for regression at some point. As you mentioned his schedule is about to be pretty brutal soon but I get it, you would be in a buy high situation if you were to succeed in trading for him now.

I've approached this season the same as far as handcuffs go honestly. My main backs (were) are - Saquon, Conner, Chubb, Mostert with the handcuff picks being Snell, Jamal Williams, Pollard, and Freeman so out of all those guys I only made it out with one true handcuff to my stable of workhorse backs.

I feel like Dalvin is a bit of a special case. They run that man to the ground therefore, he is going to fall to injury at least 2-3 times per season. Having Mattison as his handcuff in that run-heavy offense is definitely something worth having on your bench if/when Cook heads back on the shelf.

Just my thoughts, hope it helps! Good luck bro!

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Have Kyler Murray on bye this week so I need to decide between one of

Stafford vs Colts
    Wentz vs cowboys
    Hebert vs Broncos

8. NewRoxFan

Stafford is a definite sit (tougher defense and hasn't been that great anyway).

Herbert has been hotter than the other two... Wentz is also good and has a few receivers coming back (Reagor and Goedert). Guess its a choice based on risk tolerance... Herbert if you like his upside, Wentz if you prefer a safer floor. I have both QBs on various teams...

leroy likes this.
  9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Thoughts on this trade:

1/2 PPR league, 12 teams.

I give up Chris Carson and Justin Herbert.
    I get Michael Thomas and Kenyon Drake.

I still have:
    QB Tannehill
    RB Zeke, Giovanni Bernard, David Johnson, JK Dobbins, Justin Jackson.
    WR Robert Woods, Robby Anderson, Nelson Agholor, Chris Godwin
    TE Jonnu Smith

10. ron413

Tons of injuries In tough spot:

Pick two WR, 0.5 point PPR

A.J. Green vs. TENN
    B. Aiyuk @. SEA
    A. Robinson vs. NO

+ pick one RB2

Lindsay vs. LAC
    Dobbins vs. PIT

#70 ron413, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't trust A-Rob to play a full game. I also trust his QB's less than Garapollo and Burrow.

For RB, I think it depends on what you need. Dobbins will probably be hit/miss for 1 home run play. Lindsay will probably need volume and still needs to officially cleared from concussion protocol. So if you need a higher floor, Lindsay.

ron413 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Aiyuk. The main receiver, going against that team that has been the weakest against WR (11 top 24 WR games surrendered).
    Dobbins. With Ingram out, should be the lead back (at least get a large volume including passing opportunities). I'm a big Lindsay fan (turned down a trade involving him) but I am likely not starting him since I don't know his usage coming off the concussion.

Good luck!

ron413 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Tempting since you could use help at WR. But Drake may be relegated to the bench after the bye so you may be only trading for Thomas. Carson is one of my favorite RBs and may be your best back right now. And while Tannehill has been a top QB he has a stretch of really tough games coming up after this week (CHI, IND, BAL, IND). You may want to use Herbert instead during that stretch.

14. showa13

showa13 Member

Just came in to say I love DK Metcalf

15. NewRoxFan

LOL... yup, after last week's Lockett of the season play, looks like Russ cooked up one for DK this week. Which only emphasizes how important it would have been to draft Wilson. Unfortunately instead I faced Wilson.

btw, as great DK was... Dal Cook. And fortunately my team that faced Wilson is the one that had DK and Cook.

16. showa13

showa13 Member

Well I have Russ with DK so that helped, and Devonte Adams has been great this year too

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Man Lamar has just been so rough for me this year...

I’m seriously considering benching him this week vs Indy.

I could go Big Ben vs Dallas putrid defense instead.

Thoughts?

18. ron413

htownrox1 likes this.
  19. ron413

appreciate it, my mediocre squad sneaked out another close win!

week 9 half point PPR: pick two best RB’s.

Justin Jackson VS. LV Raiders
    Jonathan Taylor vs. BALT
    Lindsay @ ATL
    Dobbins @ IND

htownrox1 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

All decent options but tough matchups. Justin Jackson and DK Dobbins for me. I have to start Lindsay... over Zeke. Woe is me...

ron413 likes this.