1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Lucas has support of Harden & Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 18, 2020.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I have no doubt the two MVP want Lucas. I do wonder about the role players though, and if they have a say. Given what went on with House in the playoffs, and Westbrook saying he was just running around out there, I imagine the role players would be looking for some leadership from the head coach position.

2. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

The crazy thing is, if it’s about being black, well Stephen Silas is also black. Maybe they just are more familiar with John Lucas and that’s why they want him. I don’t think it has anything to do with being black.

RocketRed84 likes this.
  3. opticon

opticon Member

The context of that comment was when I said that mabye they will play harder for John Lucas. I dont think its just about race. Harden has said openly and on video that he wants his head coach to have NBA head coaching experience. Which is why I think SIlas did not get the nod the first time he interviewed for the job.

I think since Harden and Russ are voaching for Lucas they are more personaly invested in his sucess than they would other coaching canidates. Which could result in them playing harder.

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

My understanding is that he is a finalist for the job. If they had eliminated him after his first interview like they did Kenny Atkinson, that would be one thing. I like John Lucas, I don’t think he is at all qualified for a head coaching job. Look at his records as a coach, the last time he was a HC. Terrible. I would much rather see Silas or JVG here, TBH. Silas would be my first choice and then JVG and then Lucas. If those were my three options.

D-rock likes this.
  5. opticon

opticon Member

If we are talking about my own opinions not that of the players I think MDA is the best available coach on the market for our situation. We lost because Westbrook got hurt and lost rhythm. We were killing it in February when Russ was healthy and had confidence in his jumper. Westbrook slumping had nothing to do with MDAs coaching in my opinion. We should have Locked MDA up last year Tilman screwed the pooch with those negotiations.

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

seems like beard and turtle will be one of those dumb ex players at espn post retirement, saying stupid things with no data to back it up.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You may be right. A much better post than the common: assumption that the only reason Harden and the players believe Lucas would be a good coach is that they are spoiled kids?