1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is it going to be? Jvg, Lucas, Silas Poll

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeyTexas254, Oct 17, 2020.

?

Who will be the Rockets next coach?

1. John Lucas

25.8%
  2. JVG

41.8%
  3. Stephen Silas

32.4%
  1. rockets13champs

If Tilman was smart he would know Houston sports is in the gutter right now and that a JVG hire will restore the Houston culture to the Houston Rockets. A local guy returning to save the franchise kinda play for the media it would work great.

Astros seem like an era just ended as well. This loss feels like the 2019 rockets loss to warriors. Astros we don’t know if they will be good next year Bc of the small season. The Astros just happened to get hot at the right time. In a regular full 162 game season. That’s like a team who gets on a winning streak in august. Then come postseason there not the same season. Astros season was great but a lot of it was getting hot at the right time and Ofcourse playoff experience.

texans that’s a **** show.

If I was Tilman I would hire a rockets coach not named John Lucas and help us Houston fans feel good again

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

This has to be common sense RIGHT????

Rockets can have BOTH coaches by hiring Silas as HC.

I hope to gawd Tilly is not overthinking this.

amaru, BHannes2BHonest, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Of the three, it should be Silas. JVG is my favorite, but I think it’s a bad job fit for him, and frankly, I think he can do better. John Lucas is so bad it’s borderline criminal. Silas isn’t very exciting, per se, but he makes the most sense of the three. Having said that, I’m really afraid it’s going to be John Lucas, as ridiculous and cringe worthy as that would be. I have Texans level faith in the Rockets at the moment.

4. ball king23

ball king23 Member

My choice Silas

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

For a championship aspiring organisation/ team, we sure didn’t interview many candidates to begin with. Let me state that first since I find this whole process rather rushed to begin with.

Also with Morey stepping down, I’d insist on taking a step back and see what direction you want to take. Fertitta is a moron though and publicly announcing these 3 finalists with the decision basically in the hands of the “players” is typical Rockets PR and it’s unnecessary. That being said, the 3 finalists themselves are an odd bunch though with all 3 you pretty much seal the fate of our direction.

With Lucas you continue small ball and have Harden in the most comfortable position, but winning would not be a priority. In fact we’d just be a worse version of who we are and you can just fast forward to when Lucas is fired or Harden leaves. Lucas was a bad head coach in the past, his strength is player development and 1-on-1 work, probably can motivate our guys really well. Just highly questionable qualities for a head coach, I’d like him to stay with what he’s doing.

With JVG you just get a name, but completely different style, more accountability, but also much more frustrating process and potentially much worse offense. You get a coach who’s emotional, annoying when he loses, but also one who will use any player he finds useful. He’s had success, but don’t mistake his funny commentary for his coaching. He’s a Van Gundy and could clash with players. Most risky pick. Would show Fertitta is ready to pay and not just stroking Harden’s beard.

With Silas you get a chance to truly take our team to the next level offensively and continue our defensive prowess. A smart coach ready to shake it up and prove himself, composed and has paid his dues. He’d be risky, but it shows Fertitta is not making the cheapest pick nor the name, but the best option to grow and would definitely weed out the bad apples. Hence Silas is my choice.

JVG I just cannot see past his past here and Lucas I’d hate because of what it means for how we’d play and how Harden would be too comfortable. With Silas lastly you at least to me get a sign that the GM made the choice, Fertitta stayed out of this and the GM has a clear direction of where he wants to take this team. With Lucas he’d be a slave and with JVG he’d probably follow Morey.

#25 JW86, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    waytookrzy079, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

I hope its lucas so I dont have to watch next season

amaru, Imanimal, Corrosion and 5 others like this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not ecstatic about those options but Silas, I think he was a candidate before and we chose MDA.

That said, I do not want to suck the life out of JVG, he should spend more time with family.

#29 daywalker02, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I am just relieved Ty Lue is out :D

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Your poll asks "who will it be?" You're post asks "who do you want?"

So I'm not gonna vote in this poll, but I want JVG or Silas. I think it will be Lucas.

Corrosion likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

We had 4 years of what Harden like everytime resulting in him giving up in crucial games

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden cares more about his historic numbers at this point so ya, it's going to be whatever guy is going to let him do his slow walk iso dribbles all game long while everyone stands around. I'm tired of this offensive style.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

It feels like we're

shutting the door on championship aspiration.
    [​IMG]

closing the window on harden's prime.
    [​IMG]

and doing it in a spectacular fashion. .
    [​IMG]

15. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Gundy

16. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I'd be happy with Silas, cool with JVG, but picked Lucas. Look deep down, fellow Rockets fans. We all know Tilman is hiring the (likely) cheapest option and the one the players want. It's a win-win for Tilman.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

And I'm so tired of you and your offensiveness.

amaru, Corrosion and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Who will the next coach be? Lucas... cheap and placates Harden...
    Who do I want? JVG... to build a culture...

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The best part about this whole situation is how certain posters with certain feelings have just decided with 100% certainty why any of the possible candidates will have been picked.

Like you clowns actually know anything about how and why any of these decisions will actually be made or know how any of these possible coaches will actually run things.

At this point we would have to hire a coach that Harden has openly admitted he hates and pay him a lot of money for some of you with these twisted theories to be “happy” with the decision.

HP3 likes this.