1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Lucas has support of Harden & Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 18, 2020.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

What a ****ing joke of a year. The Rockets are imploding as we speak. Just do whatever you want Tilman. Pay Lucas 150k with an exclusive Landry's card for 30% off. Wow!! Harden wants Lucas?? He can continue to play iso ball and get nose bleeds from weak dunks. Morey was smart enough to walk away while Tilman is dangling a turd in front of a fan.

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yeah, all we need is a culture reset and a strict coach to discipline those boys and we would have beaten the Warriors and the Lakers.

Do we know for a fact that Lucas, who might be good at attracting talent as a dreaded "player's coach", so clearly under performed with overwhelming talent in his previous coaching? The golden boy Steve Kern did so great this year with lesser players. I don't remember Phil Jackson doing so great without Michael Jordan.

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

What a joke. **** off Harden.

Rudyc281 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Does James Harden own the Rockets? Does Russell Westbrook own the Rockets? Are either of them the GM?

The owner has the final say on the next coach and the owner said the GM (who isn’t even qualified to be GM) will pick the next coach.

Don’t get mad at the players... get mad at the GM and owner

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I dont care about Westbrook opinion, he is not the cornerstone of this team. It concerns me if Harden wants a coach that will allow him to be lazy and unaccountable.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden has input just like any other Superstar has input. We do not know that he's forcing these moves nor do we know that he's giving an ultimatum. If its the latter, sad as it is to say, its time to trade him.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I hope you are right. I’m not going to immediately write off all of this speculation though.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This is a smokescreen. Tilman is broke. Lucas is the cheapest option.

jerryclark, amaru and Nook like this.
  9. ball king23

ball king23 Member

we need some new young blood that will fix this with a new scheme and new concepts this small ball is dead

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Some of you guys are hilarious, with the current roster, you could replace Harden with a prime Michael Jordan and this team wouldn't win a damn thing. The roster is too old, too small & too slow. They're a team that wants to be a wide open 3 pt shooting team without the skill or the players to carry out the vision. They routinely lose the turnover, rebounding and loose ball battles all while being a mediocre shooting bunch. Blaming Harden is lazy. You can trade him. The organization has to own this one. For all of the whining and b****ing that Michael Jordan did,he didn't win squat without Phil Jackson & Jerry Krause.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Mchale was a head coach in Minny BTW. Also, this is not a race thing, Lucas knows EVERYONE on the Houston basketball scene from his work with local high school players & his time in the NBA. Has nothing to do with race. Silas would be an excellent choice and a new perspective is needed. With or Without Harden.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Please and thank you.

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Interseresting that I'm seeing people say that Harden/Westbrook want John Lucas as coach because they want to be comfortable and play the same way. I actually think that the reason they want him is the opposite. My guess is Lucas has been saying all year how he would put Westbrook in better position to be successful and talking about more traditional offense.

It's definitely not because he's black. They haven't been advocating Elston turner or a bunch of other eligible black coaches.

It does seem to be obvious to me the problems arose in trading for Westbrook in the first place. The rockets have had some success luring players with Harden's help but they should have found a way around getting Westbrook and painting themselves into this corner. Now, they can't upgrade the team since a large chunk of money of the cap is spent on essentially a really good role player.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Man if he actually played like a really good roleplayer, we would actually get better with him on the court. ....We dont. :(

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Throughout the regular season he was objectively helping the team whether you look at +/-, RPM, net rating, or just the eye test.

But, I do see your point if you mean in the playoffs. He was effectively neutralized when guarded by bigs. That just can't happen. If a small player can be guarded by bigs, why play smalls?

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

The problem was with that data is that he was only able to help the team when HARDEN was on the court. When it was just Harden surrounded by shooters or without Westbrook period, we were a better team. Westbrook running his own lineups were just bad. Even during small ball that was the case.

Well he was effectively neutralized by Anthony Davis but yes, you are correct. His playoffs are just bad, and its not just a one time thing, he's been bad in the playoffs for years.

17. opticon

opticon Member

I am being very transparent about black culture in this thread because this forum has shown me that many people here are open to hearing different perspectives.

Black people as a whole want to see other people of color promoted and put into positions of leadership if it makes sense and they are qualified. James and Russ think Lucas is qaulified and they also want to give see a basketball lifer get another HC oppurtunity.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Why do you sit there and lie? He advocated for the Russ trade because Cp3 had one of the worst years of his career. It was dumb of him to ask for Westbrook but you dont know that he straight up wanted to get rid of Cp3. You only know that he wanted Westbrook which was trash but we also have evidence that he never asked for Cp3 specifically to be traded. Morey is even on record saying that he wanted Cp3, Harden AND Russ.

D-rock likes this.
  19. opticon

opticon Member

Ya he did. I did not know about the interim stint in 04 - 05 or the one year stint in 08-09 all in Minny. So that means Harden not wanting an HC without HC experience in the NBA is how he really feels which means Silas is out again for the second time. If Silas really wants to be HC for the rockets he needs to join the staff and build relationships here.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

James Harden is the definition of an NBA diva. He holds the organization by the balls like Lebron does except he has never won a ring.

Reminds me of Denver/NY Melo.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.