1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official ALCS] Astros vs. Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 11, 2020.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

On another note I guess Yuli's injury really was killing him. Either that or he didn't have Beltran to tell him to watch the ball with 2 eyes.

Now Bregman on the other hand...it's going to take some major redemption to get past that **** show.

lw17, htwnbandit and HouClone like this.
  2. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I was 100% in agreement with you until listening to 790 this AM - I totally forgot Morton was injured and was yanked in the ALCS in 2018 after 53 because of his shoulder. It’s understandable to not want to pay someone who’s had an injury prone past and then had a shoulder problem that they had more insight on than we did obviously.

gatsby, lw17, TWS1986 and 2 others like this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

2 years 30 million.

They didn't exact lure him away with a Brinks truck. It was a very friendly deal.

lw17 likes this.
  4. houseofglass21

Keep crying about the Dodgers. Astros will always be the 2017 World Series Champs.

gatsby, lw17, John Harvey and 7 others like this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

dodgers cheated more than the astros.....and for longer

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Great effort. This team overachieved under the circumstances. Honestly, they could have very easily won the AL, which is pretty shocking given all that has gone down. I wrote them off weeks ago, but they proved me wrong. Pretty proud of the fight they showed. Good season!

7. Buck Turgidson

Yall stop talking about JD ****ing Martinez. And now your new boy is Charlie Morton, who you didn't care about until tonight.

It's been covered from multiple angles for multiple years. Get over it.

lw17 and TWS1986 like this.
  8. Victorious

Victorious Member

Wish these guys got one more ws run :(

raining threes and lw17 like this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

When one doesn't like what's on the plate in front of them, they find something from the past to regurgitate instead.

10. HouClone

HouClone Member

Prior to last year's playoffs, Bregman was our best clutch hitter. Then, he disappeared in the playoffs last year. This regular season, nothing. And then the playoffs especially this Rays series, terrible. What happened to this guy? It appears he started chasing the homer.

everyday eddie likes this.
  11. houseofglass21

Morton didn't want to sign here again. As I recall his family was already living in Florida and he wasn't going to resign with us for any amount of money.

12. astros123

astros123 Member

You're a fkin loser talking trash on another teams thread on a Friday night.

You're the type of person that gets off on other people's sadness.

uhh no. Morton loved it here and I've heard him say on a podcast that we didn't even give him an offer. Dont make things up.

13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can’t believe we didn’t pitch around their hottest hitter - take him away and it’s extra innings or series over

14. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

If I remember correctly, JL didn’t make an offer to CFM until last minute when he was about to sign with the Rays. Plus, he was coming off shoulder injury season. No way JL was gonna give CFM 15M per year. Or whatever his making with the Rays. And 95% of us knew CFM weren’t coming back after 2018. **** happens. Congrats to CFM and I’ll be rooting for the Rays against Dodgers and against them against the Brave. Can’t f***ing stand Diaz and Choi.

15. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

On to 2021

#6415 GreatOne1978, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  16. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Dude, bottom of the 1st with a man on. How do we know that McCullers will get out of that inn without any runs. Easy to say after it happen. Plus, if I’m were to blame who lost this game, it would be the offense, not pitching.

HouClone likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

CFM had said that he would retire or stay in Houston...then he had a really, really good year in '18. Stros offered him money, Rays offered him more, and an extra year, and he and his family live in Clearwater or somewhere close to Tampa....

I wanted the Stros to bring him back, but I just don't think it was in the cards.

18. Buck Turgidson

I will be watching fastballs over the plate to Arozarena in my sleep.

raining threes and gfab-babyboi like this.
  19. finsraider

finsraider Member

1) Sign Springer - Go as high as 5 years $150 million. There is no reasonable replacement for him.

2) Extend the QO to Brantley. I’m fine either way this goes. If he takes it, you get all your outfield hitting back, and you’ve only committed one year to him. If not, a good compensatory pick.

3) Trade Grienke - I like him, but not at $35 million as a middle of the rotation pitcher. Someone will value him and give us a prospect or two.

4) Sign someone like Morton to a cheap deal. Basically a replacement for Grienke but at a more reasonable cost.

5) get a catcher that can hit to platoon with machete.

Kim and gfab-babyboi like this.
  20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Game 7 of the League Championship with a less than a .500 record, it is overachieving. I still can't believe no one told McCullers that Cubans, or that guy are fast ball hitters. And it doesn't help that Bregman was overused in batting practices than in-games. He probaly was running on empty when the game counted with missed balls on defense that he usually gets. I am wondering if the Stros GM worked under the impression that the season might cancel that he didn't pickup anybody worthy this season. I guess I have to go back to work, I don't like vacations. No more baseball TV for me until next year. I could care less who wins now.

lw17 and everyday eddie like this.