1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Stepping Down!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Oct 15, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Rockets fans like myself rely on Clutchfans as the source of everything Rockets. When crucial things happen in the org (i.e Morey resigning) and I can't even access the website for 4+ hours to figure out what's going on it gets frustrating. Oh well, I'm still here obviously lol.

juanm34 likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting. I've never had this happen.

BigggReddd likes this.
  4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The tone in your initial response to my first comment was quite the same as your tone when you called me a Fake Rockets fan the other day in the DISH. If calling your response "dense" is name calling, then calling me a Lakers fan might be one too.

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

It's frustrating because it's obvious others are getting access to the website while I cannot. Others have told me they experience what I do, so I wonder if it has to do with geolocation? Do Houston area IP's get first dibs to the website?:confused: I'm not a tech guy, just speculating.

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I agree. I'd rather be called dense, than called a Lakers fan. Low blow eh?

BigggReddd likes this.
  7. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Since Morey stepped down and wasn’t fired, I would assume there’s some type of non-compete clause in his contract where he can’t just take another NBA front office gig right away. I would say at least one year. Maybe 2?

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

It's all good, lets forget about it.

When I lived in the Houston area I never had any issue accessing the site, now that I live out of state it's been a problem during key moments in the Rockets org. If Houston area IP's do get priority I understand, it is a Houston team afterall lol.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I had issues the moment Morey stepped down I couldn’t access the site from my phone.

10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Do the "supporting" members get special bandwidth access or have to suffer the crash like everyone else?

hakeem94 and BigggReddd like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

I've been trying to digest the news since yesterday even though I 100% expected to happen.

The Rockets are over as we know them.

Very soon it will become one of those others very stupid teams with meddling owners like the Kings or the Suns that go nowhere.

Easy, Deuce, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'd assume supporting members do not have such special privileges because the only reason I stopped "supporting" was because of this particular frustration.

D-rock likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Someone post the Athletic article for a sad Rockets fan.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I disagree. Morey was far more invested in proving that his approach to basketball (Moreyball) was the way to win it all to the doubters than he was in making the changes necessary to actually get this team over the proverbial hump and into the Finals. You saw that clearly when he got rid of Capella - a move which eliminated their one low post player and placed them at a big disadvantage against teams capable of fielding fast, bigger defenders like say, the Lakers. As I have posted before, there really wasn't much difference between Morey and Carroll Dawson save for the fact that Morey was a much better evaluator of talent. However, under both GMs what you ended up with was years and years of a seemingly endless shuffling of the deck as far as players are concerned with the net result always leaving the Rockets and their fanbase on the outside looking in as far as the NBA Finals are concerned.

bmelo and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Here is the article for anyone to give the details please :oops:

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah I’ve mentioned this before referring to Morey.

Analytics is a tool to be used not the end all be all.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Well for one Capela was injured for the rest of the season. 2. We got better with the Covington trade. 3. No center was able to contain Anthony Davis at all. and 4. Saying Morey was far more intersted in proving his approach to basektball was better than winning it all is a flat out unsubstantiated claim that shoulndt be used as a basis for this discussion.

18. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO
    Some posters here are soo freaking spoiled. It is kinda offensive towards other fanbases.

Time to learn what fandom is like with a yesman GM , cronies and a know it all cheap owner. Oh and no draft picks.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The fact that Houston has had some insane droughts for sports franchises and free agent signings makes the entitlement all the weirder.

20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member