1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shenzhen has become the first city in China to ban eating cats and dogs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Apr 2, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

we have a young therapist who bugged us at work with her dog drama , she can talk for hours about it,let alone how her dog's hair is all over her cloth,or the odor of animal shelter or her frequent work emails that she CCs to everyone in the department of her dog health updates
    my Chinese buddy told me : I can eat her stupid dog , I just don't know how to make it look like an accident? " , I thought it was hilarious ,

lack of empathy is a combination of her being so unattractive and the reality any animal can be eaten if not facing threats of extinction

I love horses , but I understand why horses can become the main dish of someone else dinner & I respect vegans only principles

tinman and Xerobull like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Do you work at my grandma's house? Because that's the type of droning, repetitive discussion she and my aunts have (about dogs) that I have to listen to when I go over there. What's worse is that there is no wireless signal out there, so I can't lose myself in 'work'.

Anyway, tell grandma I said hi and love you.

Exiled likes this.
  4. noize

noize Contributing Member

They can eat whatever meat they want, I couldn't care less...its their damn country. My main issue is the barbaric and inhumane condition in which they prepare these animals for human consumption. Id rather have laws implemented for that then trying to banned eating them. Coming from a dog/cat owner it's truly horrific how long these kind of things been going on.

STR8Thugg, Buck Turgidson and Exiled like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's a symptom of a larger issue, which is regular consumption of meat as a protein source. Growing populations need food, and since meat is a staple in most diets, when they run out of regulated livestock, they go off and eat other meat from black markets that are unregulated.

Tie this to most new human viruses over the last 100 years being linked to meat consumption, it's obvious the direction we should go as a society.

If we shift back to eating mostly plant-based diets, where yes, you can get everything you need, the risk of bringing in sickness via novel viruses and other meat-based sicknesses such as heart disease, plummets. Humans didn't eat meat on the regular until the last 100 years, it would be easy to transition.

boomboom likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This story reminds me of my aunt Rachel.

But we still love and haven't eaten her tho! ... for now.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Does she taste like bacon ?

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

She might ?

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

[​IMG]

King1 and Bandwagoner like this.
  10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I think Southpark found a solution to the problem...

(yes I know those are Japanese)

11. tinman

Supporting Member

12. Buck Turgidson

I shot a sizable wild pig yesterday morning. Shot her right in the head, painless. Skinned and gutted and hanging in the walk-in. Will carve up and grind soon.

There's nothing more free-range, organic, and sustainable than that. Deer season is about to start, too.

tinman likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member