1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should all the players from that team never be allowed to be in the hall of fame?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by what, Jan 13, 2020.

1. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Why are you arguing with a simpleton?

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Agree with Donkey and cmim that the OPS doesn't even make this debatable and it puts the final nail in their coffin. But at least we are doing it clean this year. Everyone needs this championship.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Since you claim they cheated 2017-2019, how do you explain the .730 OPS at home in 2018? That’s only .007 higher than this year. Why don’t you use that year as your baseline?

msn and dc rock like this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

Home and Road cheating. We cheated both. We evolved beyond trash cans after Cora and Beltran left. The Red Sox did the same thing. What you saw was it's evolution. It was near perfected by 2019 until the rat.

#64 PhiSlammaJamma, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  5. bobrek

Please explain how they infiltrated an additional 15+ parks to set up this elaborate cheating scheme without a single opposing team noticing their sneakiness. Or, point me to where you have explained this before in case I missed it.

conquistador#11 and msn like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

We had a person capture the video with just about any tech including smart phones and smart computers, it can be anyone in the stadium, almost anywhere, the algorithm decodes the sign, relay it to the bench, and relay it to the batter. it's not magic. It's just video capture. All we needed was an analytics team to write the algorithm.

#66 PhiSlammaJamma, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Are you a member of the Flat Earth Society?

topfive and TWS1986 like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

Your wife is. lol.

9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

All you need is a handful :cool:

10. Buck Turgidson

**** Thread Is **** and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for conversing with that dumbass.

11. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Is being an ******* a natural ability or do you have to work at it?

12. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Inarguable? You're not only an *******, but an unintelligent ******* whole desperately tries t sound smart. Pathetic little boy.

13. msn

msn Member

lock this dumpster fire.

14. bobrek

"We"? So, you were personally involved in the scandal?

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

One (?) season of cheating ,Only home games , no evidence in the playoffs , other teams also cheat ... yeah IMO shouldn’t impact HOF status , but you never know what gets those voters panties in a wad .

too early to think about HOF for any of our offensive guys anyways .... biggest criteria in baseball HOF has always been longevity and production .

If tuve gets to 3k hits and Correa 500 bombs then they will likely get it ... especially if Carlos goes to the Yankees ;)

16. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

lock this thread.

msn likes this.
  17. SemisolidSnake

The sigh I let out when I read this thread actually sent me into a coughing fit.

I'll just come out firing with my actual position on all of this: It's stupid to consider any of this cheating.

(Sub-point I'm not getting in to: If it was the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Giants, Dodgers, etc. that did exactly what the Astros did, the media narrative would be similar to my position, and the League might give a slap on the wrist at most to any of those teams.)

In a stadium with 40,000+ people with high resolution cell phone cameras and screens, ubiquitous 4G and wifi, media with enormous zoom lenses that are allowed to set up between the foul poles and broadcast a catcher's signs in full HD live to millions of viewers, and so much more...it's insane to think that a rule in a book is somehow going to prevent technology from being used to gain an advantage. With that perspective, it's a microscopic leap from deciphering a catcher's signs from official media broadcasts to just doing it yourself a little faster. I mean, unless you think every law on the books is just, fair, well-thought-out, and enforceable simply because it's on the books, you can probably see how easy it is to use that analogy to break down the argument of "breaking the rules" being some sort of unforgivable sin deserving the murdering of half of one's family.

The PED users made a choice to put stuff into their bodies in private to take them past normal human limits. I admittedly don't know enough about all the specific cases, and I'm sure a certain percentage were using things that weren't even banned when they first started using them, certainly blurring the argument of, again, what "breaking the rules" is. Still, it's not like the water cooler in every dugout was filled by the League with creatine and HGH with a tiny note on it that says "Don't drink." That's about how I feel about the technology situation.

Only MLB and MLB "writers"/"journalists" could be this sort of daft. The League is the one that screwed up by not getting with the times. Instead of wanking off with Statcast in the corner (and still being unable to correctly call balls and strikes), it could have been looking into how to use technology to solve the problem of technology. Some simple wireless communications between coach, catcher, and pitcher--the implementation of which has already hypothesized ad nauseum by normal fans who don't have their heads up their asses--would have solved this problem years ago. Instead, for the "purity of the game," the second biggest money-making sport in the world stuck with the world's worst encryption system and disemboweled a team as a scapegoat to cover up its own abject stupidity.

Buck Turgidson, msn, Nero and 2 others like this.
  18. Nero

Nero Member

I cannot praise the brilliance of your post enough.

Bravo.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. msn

msn Member

Brilliant.