1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Stepping Down!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Oct 15, 2020.

1. kiwirocketsfan

Gutted, he has kept the Rockets competitive without tanking for so long. Hard to do that in the NBA.

I can't imagine the next guy being a step forward unless the plan is to tank and hope to win the lottery with a generational talent.

D-rock likes this.
  2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

What are these quotes? They seem fake.

D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I've devoted thousands of hours of my life to the Rockets. Maybe it's time to move on.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. finsraider

finsraider Member

It was the Westbrook trade. We sacrificed our future, our assets and got worse. Morey tried to reconfigure the team to account for him and it wasn’t enough.

Obviously Morey was against the deal, but Tillman caved. I don’t know if we had a shot after CP3s hamstring gave out, but our window shut definitively with the Westbrook deal.

Easy, houston19519 and pr0wler like this.
  5. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Well I can't tell you what to like and vice versa. He's gone now and I hope that style of play is also. At least not the main focus of our offense.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Honestly I just want to see James get a ring now. The Rockets are done. I really hope they blow it up and trade him to a contender while getting some great young pieces to rebuild around.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Morey ran the analytical numbers and determined the Rockets were on a one way train to destination F*CKED.

MettaWorldPete, HP3 and sirbaihu like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Indirectly yes I think it played a part. Privately Morey told people the China situation was extremely hard on his family..... I think at the end of the day a lot things went into it... he hated working for Tilman for a number of reasons. His kids are grown and sitting out the year at college because of COVID so he will spend the year with them before they are moving away.... he has supposedly been speaking to Sam Hinkie too and they (I would assume) could do something. He also loves Houston but wants to be up in the New England area. If I had to “guess” he ends up with the Sixers a year from now or possibly settles for Washington.

D-rock, SC1211, Deuce and 6 others like this.
  9. realonemo

realonemo Member

Prediction: Morey will end up in philly in a year or two and Harden will be there at some point. Idk if its via FA or trade.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If we move fast, we can steal Vlad Divac from the Kings.

11. pippsux

pippsux Member

Well, this got my attention. Buried this season quickly, and painfully watched Lakers win..,
    Then boom! Morey saw the writing on the wall and fell on the sword. The minute he tweeted his legendary tweet, his fate was sealed.

im gonna miss his efforts in trying to bring a chip here, but you can’t blame him for trying.

Goodbye, buddy!

D-rock likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

Thats exactly what the model is lol. How did every nba team adopt our model, but we're the ONLY team not taking midrange & chucking up 3's at historical levels?

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Morey wasn't forced out directly by Tilman. It was Tilmans business philosophy that forced Morey out. Morey is not going to stick around for a loser.

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Can confirm all of this is true. Not that anyone is doubting the info.

D-rock, Easy and HP3 like this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

Our model chucking up 3's & forcing our way 2 the rim, while ignoring open midrange shots. Nobody is doing this model but us. What planet are you on my friend

LosPollosHermanos and caneks like this.
  16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

no fireworks any more, that does not mean the end of the world or hopeless. go rox it.

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Well, it was a good run. Sorry about the years of mediocrity ahead.

Fortunately, we have all our draft picks.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Let me rephrase this so you can understand what Im trying to say better. Our model is players taking efficient shots. Did Chris Paul not take mid range? Its a bad shot for most people in the league except for a few. Every year more mid range goes down and more 3 pointers go up. GEE I wonder why. Lol we actually lost to the Lakers BECAUSE we did not attempt enough 3s. Every lost we've had over the years is not because of lack of mid range. Straight up nonsense. We have the second best record under the Spurs for the last whatever years since Morey has been here.
    What planet are you on? Do you really believe we actually lost any of these years because we didnt have enough mid range? No that's idiotic. Imagine seeing our success over all these years and thinking "only basketball players should be GM." Complete ridiculous nonsense.

19. riko

riko Member

Nook is legit

D-rock likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Wolves are giving away their number 1 pick and looking for a win now player. Just give them Harden and let him atleast have a shot with Kat next season instead of wasting another year of his prime under cheapman