1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to Interview JVG Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Does JVG have interest in the Clippers job? or vice versa? He'd make that team Lockdown

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure he would, however, it says a lot if the Rockets are continuing conversations into today. It sounds like they may be ready to move towards negotiating with Jeff and this is likely needed to get Tilman 100% on board since JVG isn't his first choice.

Just a guess.

Dacamel likes this.
  3. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

I believe JVG still lives in Houston so I think the Rockets job is the only job he would come back into coaching for

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I hope we get an all star staff with whichever coach we choose.

napalm06 likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thats what I'm more curious about. The staff makes a big impact. Much like how you can't just vote for the president and ignore congress or local positions and expect a huge difference :cool:

HTown_TMac likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Live footage of Tilman after the interview today.

clos4life, HP3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  7. rockets13champs

Lmfao

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

JVG does not deserve to be ranked among Rockets greatest coaches.

Rudy-Fitch-D'Antoni and maybe Adelman.

JVG is actually behind the hated McHale, who had fewer HOF players in their prime. JVG had both McGrady and Yao when they were at their best.

McHale had Harden and a broken back Dwight.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Well it’s JVG, Silas, or Lucas now. Those are the prime candidates for the Rockets.

D-rock, FrontRunner and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

JVG please.

kjayp likes this.
  12. rockets13champs

I guess JVG walked about with out a contract Bc they want to interview Silas again

D-rock likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’d be surprised if jvg joins the rockets at this point without morey. It’s a straight dumpster here

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

so BSPN said JVG had his meeting yesterday... and was continuing today...

I wonder if it plays into the timing on Morey...

It was said that DM wanted JVG when we got MDA... so i dont think leaning toward hiring JVG would prompt his announcement...

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  15. rockets13champs

it plays perfectly to the story of Morey wanting Ty Lue and Fertitta wanting Lucas or JVG. Now its 100% Tilmans decision. it comes down to money. Rafael Stone is Tilmans b**** now.

D-rock likes this.
  16. kjayp

John Lucas thread seems to say that DM wanted JVG (which would explain the continuing interview) but TF wants the players choice of Lucas... if it was decided that its gonna be Lucas, then that would explain the departure...

D-rock likes this.
  17. rockets13champs

But if it was actually Lucas wouldn’t he be hired already. It isn’t the case it is ae Lue, Ty Lue fits moreys philosophy. JVG is opposite of what Morey wants to do. So JVG is in the mix. I feel like Tilman may be waiting for the Astros game to finnish then he’ll announce JVG/Lucas hiring so it doesn’t get in the way of game. Also Silas is the last of the 3, maybe Tilman wants a 2nd meeting with him before he decides

18. kjayp

I'd think at this point they wouldnt announce anything for a few days at least - to create some distance between the events...
    Like Melo signing and Bzdelik leaving and then Melo leaving and Bzdelik returning... lol

D-rock likes this.
  19. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Whew, my info was way off. Welp with Morey out, looks like this is John Lucas's team going forward. The players get what they want and Tillman gets to save some money. Only loser in all of this is the fans, but what does ownership care, at least they get the Chinese money back.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

When Harden leaves ( because it’s going to happen now ) and Houston sucks Tillman’s pockets will be hurting for sure.

D-rock likes this.