1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Stepping Down!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

McNair is gone because Morey did not plan on stepping away until TF decided Morey needed to shut up and listen about who the head coach selection criteria should be.

There comes a point where you have to cut the boil on you ass off.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hmmm ... do you think there was any pressure from the NBA for Morey to take some time off to spend more time with his kids? Perhaps.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol I didn't mean it. Just wanted to say that before the narrative becomes that then we do play like men then don't make the playoffs for years to come.

HP3 likes this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Houston is done. Let James get a ring now.
    **** Tilman

HP3 likes this.
  5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Dork Elvis has left the building

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and javal_lon like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am probably one of those who do not think either coach, Lue or Jeff, would have been a game changer.

I think the timing of this will only further damage the image of this franchise.

Whatever, Tilly... It's Corona 2nd wave, time to cut some cost.

Now a new guy has to be assigned with the task of potentially trading Westbrick.... others.

D-rock likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Morey leaving means dark days ahead for the Rockets team.

Yeah, Morey made his fair share of mistakes. And yeah, apart from the Harden trade Morey never really did anything to elevate himself as the best GM in the business. Finally, the Rockets haven't seen any significant results in the Morey era.

However letting Morey is still a huge mistake cuz he was far from the problem. It's not like the Rockets are in a great position right now they are lacking an identity, a competent HC and the owner looks like a joke. The last thing you need is your B to A- (the consensus grade for Morey) GM leaving. Imagine you are a dude undergoing the worst time of your life: you lost your job, your parents have stage 4 cancer and your dog just got run over by a car. The last thing you need is your temperamental but well-meaning GF leaving you for another man. That's the same thing here. If the Rockets were chasing greatness and just fine tuning everything then I can rationalize a GM change cuz Morey has only been within sniffing distance of building a championship team. But the Rockets are in an extremely chaotic situation you need an expert hand to steer the ship not some dude no one has ever heard of before. Rafael Stone might be the second coming of Jerry West but now isn't the time to experiment and see what he can do WTF.

I'm extremely disappointed with Fertita. I can leave with the cost cutting, but preventing Morey from leaving is a massive fail and the ultimate clown move. Yeah all the media says this is "100% Morey decision" but c'mon we know how this works. Unless somebody is getting pirated away or the kids at home are growing up wrong nobody walks away from their job with it 100% their decision. Stuff were said or not said that's why Morey decided to step down.

Where do the Rockets go from here? I honestly don't know. I believe the Rox should just blow it up now, rebuild and give Harden a chance to win rings and fix his legacy. He deserves a ring for being loyal, not to sink with this rotten ship. Just blow it all up and rebuild cuz we ain't winning anything with a rookie GM, new HC and a cheap ass owner who wants his own son to be the GM so he can save even more money on salary.

GGWP Rockets. It's been a fun decade.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LOL, that looks awkward

D-rock likes this.
  9. nsng20

nsng20 Member

You guys do understand players never signed with Houston because morey treated them as "assets" and traded them like Pokemon cards. That's over now. To bad we don't have money to sign any

caneks and don grahamleone like this.
  10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it's not shocking when you factor in everything, but one thing's for sure.
    It sucks...big time.

When charged by Les with the task of contending without a rebuild...on the fly..he did it. (including a stolen title) All the while going against an all time great dynasty.
    Anyway, I could go on forever about Daryl...great, great GM..

Tis a sad day.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

This sucks a$$...

Fk Tilturd...

smh...

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol is Twitter down right now?

daywalker02 and J.R. like this.
  13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Morey is the train wreck

J.R. likes this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

ok tilman, sell the team.

15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Top 5-10 puts him as one of the best.

But there's lots of solid GMs. DM isn't the only one.

The issue is continuing to have a good one. Can't go from solid to crap.

roslolian and HP3 like this.
  17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I was just now able to get pages to load again. Getting to the point where I’m relegated to twitter for breaking news and commentary.

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol are you joking? The first quote out of a players mouth after a trade is ALWAYS “I understand that this is a business.”

I’m just glad that some people are happy about the Rockets making terrible moves. If our fan base was remotely intelligent, nobody would go to the games next season, and then we’d have no team at all.

Keep stepping up Morey haters, and please buy tickets. Need to keep the team in Houston when we suck for the next 5 years.

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Hinkie died for our sins...

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The entire NBA does this.