1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Stepping Down!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Oct 15, 2020.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He had his time here and did nothing with it in terms of a trophy. I'm okay with this. Better to take a chance with a different philosopher.

Invisible Fan and CK Johnson like this.
  2. RyanB

RyanB Member

Very sad, but happy for Morey cause he knew the dark days have come already with Fertitta, so he f decided to step down, I'm sure he'll have many suitors.
    Not sure for the next coach whether he'll be able to change the franchise.
    I won't be surprised at all if Harden asks to be traded.
    Get ready rocket fans

D-rock, HP3 and kjayp like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Liar!

Richie_Rich, HP3, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

You make it sound like ANY alternative to the last 13 years of Morey will be BETTER.

What makes you believe that Tilman Fertitta without Morey will improve this team?

Rockets were on the cusp of greatness under Morey and D'Antoni's guidance THEN Tilly bought the Rockets and proceeded to LTS this team bit by bit by bit essentially handcuffing team financially blunting Rockets ability to maximize team.

BHannes2BHonest, HP3, fattz and 3 others like this.
  5. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Expect this from much NBA positions because of the pandemic. This plague has to end because it is ruining life.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"trust the process" ???

Shrug.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey leaves on his own terms, the better alternative would have been the option that Morey was given the freedom to groom his successor.

Wishful thinking.

13 years, yes, let's face it, anyone not named Lakers and Clippers, Bay area, NY area, Boston would have had trouble attracting stars to play with the Beard.

I am grateful for at least watching CP3 and Beard in a Rocket jersey.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm cool with it. Morey was a great gm in some ways, but he somehow seemed to take one step back with every step forward. Consistently competitive but never won a championship. So, yeah we probably take a step back for now, but we didn't have anything special going anyway. Besides, lost my love for the Rockets and the NBA in Morey's tenure -- maybe that's just me getting old, but Morey's transactional minimaxing approach wasn't helping.

Next that needs to go is Tillman. Really hard to care what happens to a Tillman enterprise.

joshuaao, Amel, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Homey the Clown

We had some good times with Morey but we don't have anything to show for it. At the same time, Fertitta is what he is. Rough days ahead.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

Not good at all, no matter how much I hated our play style. With Harden here, there’s no way we’ll suddenly play much different. This has Tilman written all over it and no way this is over coaching differences. JVG is someone Morey wanted before, he got a 2nd interview, so...and I hate the idea of JVG as our coach!

TimDuncanDonaut and HP3 like this.
  11. Homey the Clown

Me and a friend were just talking about this. I grew up during the Hakeem era but I don't feel that emotional pull to be a fan anymore. I still watch them, but it's not like there's any hope of winning a title.

TimDuncanDonaut and Amel like this.
  12. caneks

caneks Rookie

Since this wasn't Rockets' decision, I guess this club will continue to struggle to reach finals. Anyway, Rockets won't be able to win the third title any time soon, but this does bring changes that this club needs for ultimate goal.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

A lot of good and some bad. 13 years is a long time in many professions, especially that one. Just couldn't get us over the hump so I'm not terribly disappointed that this has happened. It's time to try something else.

Amel likes this.
  14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

TL probably did it for China.
    F*** Cheapman
    Messing the team since he got here.

15. fattz

fattz Member

Wow, and here we are.

I wonder who is listening now, because the room sure is quite.

TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  16. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Bout time. 0 rings during Morey's tenure.

Hallelujah!!!

Amel and GreatOne1978 like this.
  17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Harden is 31. Giannis is 25.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey is not perfect. But he was the only thing that stood between TF and a train wreck. Now we'll watch the train wreck unfold.

I guess Morey realized that standing in front of a wrecking train isn't very fun.

YOLO, slothy420, Der Rabbi and 2 others like this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This probably helps the NBA in China too, normalize relations, get that money back for the league - DM enjoys a year or 2 off, comes back somewhere where he has control and everyone is better off....EXCEPT our team.

DD

BHannes2BHonest, fattz, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm only going to be a Rocket's fan until Harden is traded, then I'm done. There really isn't any reason to stick around other than him. I haven't live in Houston in almost 30 years, I dislike Tillman and all his other businesses, so I may as well find another team to root for.