1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook trades?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pr0wler, Sep 13, 2020.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did the Nuggets and Blazers get tired too? Clippers? Rockets were sacked via House drama and Westbrook injuries. On top of that, EG seemingly hasn’t played decent regular season ball for years. Don’t think it was given a real chance as you suggest. Regardless, you don’t toss the principles that obviously work in the trash can. Switching is nasty effective and we need to continue to do it because it makes Harden and the Rockets borderline elite defensively.

Offensively, 100% spacing is king still, but no one is denying that we could use some more misdirection in our offense. More pick and roll, more Princeton. Isolation for James in different spots.

I think there are some interesting players out there to be had for EG+1. Also, a coach can make a huge difference. Remember JVG to Adelman? Adelman kept the defense, and revamped the offense with roughly similar personnel. We became real contenders overnight with Adelman.

Daryl Morey is a master of the scrap heap too. He has found countless useful players over the years without spending real assets. I would never count him out to find another.

D-rock, jcmoon, fattz and 1 other person like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If healthy, and yes that is a big if, he would be a 6'9" rebounding big who can switch, and shoot the 3ball - he fits perfectly with Harden....

Westbrook is a net negative.

DD

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Westbrook for Wall. I believe that works. Lol

Yikes!

True Rocket likes this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

I see your prospective but do not think he is our answer. He has been on teams a lot better than anything we are going to build less Harden and has NEVER found any success. On paper he is a fit and a static beast, however reality/history shows he is not going to do much of anything.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I can at least trust Wall to play a modicum of defense and not forget how to dribble the basketball.

6. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

The Hornets are desperate for a star and have a bunch of cap space. I wonder if we could get a decent package from them? Russ is a Jordan signed guy too.

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/g0aQF7uiI
    Trade machine success:

NyK in: Westbrook
    NyK out: Payton, randle, ntilikina, picks

Sac in: house, Payton, ntilikina, picks
    Sac out: hield

Hou In: Randle, Hield
    Hou out: Westbrook

Harden, Rivers, Clemons
    Gordon, Hield, McLemore
    Covington,
    Tucker,
    Randle, Caboclo

It’s not electrifying but it does reset our team. Gets us into better contracts. Legit 3 point shooting at the 2. Opens Gordon up to be tradeable if he’s performing on par. Lacking depth at f/c but I think Jeff Green slides in nicely as vet minimum signing. This team is easily getting a top 4 seed.

#167 Dankstronaut, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just curious: WhoSezNo - - Russ/PG14 ?

Sanity2disChaos and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

You mean Russ for PG, straight up?

Westbrook and Beverley on the same team? Count me in for that drama.

Ramo$e, xiki and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to acquire Randle. Harden turns Randle into an all star overnight.

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Better than "not" nearly winning.

12. rockets13champs

If I’m trading Russ I would 100% want Ntilikina back

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because he constantly knee jerks and is the epitome of grass is greener thinker.

Rockets have yet to field a team for 2 straight years around Harden, constantly changing core season after season.

Chemistry matters too.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sources: Some agents believe Knicks 'would poke around' on trading for Russell Westbrook

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-agents-believe-knicks-poke-220358135.html

Begley is hearing that “some agents who represent top point guard free agents” think the Knicks could be interested in a trade for former MVP PG Russell Westbrook.

The Rockets would, of course, have to make him available. If that were to happen, Westbrook did make it known that New York would be a place he’d like to play when the Thunder began talking to teams about the trade that ultimately landed him in Houston.

*EDIT* : Begley's original story/quote is here : https://www.sny.tv/articles/nba-tea...een-looking-to-trade-up-in-draft-for-top-pick

#174 Dr of Dunk, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Russ will be fine with a new coach and no more small ball......in other words, welcome to the Knicks Mr. Westbrook!!!

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Mitch Robinson + Frank Ntilkina + Julius Randle + Pick 8 would be a great haul if the team decided to move on (Russ is going nowhere).

Rudyc281, Ramo$e and Dankstronaut like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I can’t imagine getting positive trade value for Russ

HP3, Rudyc281 and Ramo$e like this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

[​IMG]

I know it will never happen, One can dream though, right? We don't have any 1st to sweeten the deal. Plus I don't think Harden is having any of it.

s3ts likes this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

****. Just give me Randle and Frank for Russ and call it a win

s3ts likes this.
  20. Sanity2disChaos

send Westbrook home... hmm?