1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't sleep on David Nwaba

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by realonemo, Sep 13, 2020.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Its not about muscles he might be looking good. But one shaky ass play and his ligaments go straight with the flush in the toilet

Of course not. But its not about muscles but biological/mental recover. I literally asked my surgeon after acl tear if i can get some juice to speed **** up and he told me its not possible and only time can heal it. Profesionals get back quicker because they are paid milions and there is a ton of pressure not because it heals that much faster. Od course training they do prepare them way better than us normies but still... Achilles tear is basicaly game over to peak performance

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I get what you're saying about muscles not being ligaments, and I agree that we don't know when he'll be 100%. No 2 people recover the same from an Achilles. Rudy Gay was out for 9 months, Cousins was out for 12 months and Mario Chalmers was out for 19 months. Wesley Matthews is a very similar player to Nwaba. He tore his ACL in 2015 and was out for 7 months. He's been a productive/solid 3&D guard even still, and he's older and not as physically gifted (both size and athleticism) as Nwaba.

Wes Matthews
    Pre-injury season stats ... 28 years old

2013-14 (82 games): 33.9 MPG, 16.4 PPG (58.8 TS%), 3.5 RPG, 2.4 APG, 15.7 PER

Best post-injury season ...31 years old

2016-17 (73 games): 34.2 MPG, 13.5 PPG (53.3 TS%), 3.5 RPG, 2.9 APG, 11.9 PER

Nwaba was 26 (much younger than most players with this injury), and he will have had almost 13 months since his injury when the season starts, and he's clearly on-pace to play in this upcoming season. That's why the article that was published about him 3 days ago with Kelly Iko quoting the organization saying he's viewed as a "key rotational piece" for the 2020-2021 season. Why would DM have dropped Harty and signed the guy if he thought he would be a lesser player?

D-rock, RudyTBag and HP3 like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

It is VERY VERY different to perform these moves in training and it is another story to perform this in game, with fatigue and opponent. VERY different my friend and you won't understand it if you haven't had really bad injury. I never in my life had spasm and after just ACL recovery I now get spasm after playing 30 minutes? In the past I could go on playing basketball for 5 hours and wouldn't feel any spasm ever. I know I am a normie but that really puts perspective to those injuries, NBA players are people too. That is why GSW takes their time with Klay it is not worth it to rush it, he will be sidelined for 12-15 months and that is great time to heal his body to the pro level. Achilles is waaaaaaay tougher to recover from to the point you won't get injured again. Look at Boogie. that mother****er after tearing and recovering his Achilles (rushing) tore his ACL just by running straight with the layup. This is unthinkable for 1% pro elite nba athlete. He made this move millions of times before there is no reason to get injured on that play other than not being fully healed

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Going to be a good player for us I think. Defense and open threes. Perfect timing, because I could see us losing Gordon/House...

D-rock and amaru like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nook and D-rock like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys subscribe to The Athletic?

Worth it?

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I stopped reading here. I've had 4 sports related surgeries. 1 shoulder that took 2+ years to recover. 2 ankle and one wrist. I am a very good athlete by normal person standards. I have dunked on 10ft goals, yada yada... Agree to disagree, but don't presume to know me.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i particularly like that he has the driving game

D-rock likes this.
  9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao, if you sound like a moron asking for “juice” you sure as hell aren’t going to get any.

Substances absolutely exist, but if you sound like a liability and aren’t asking a doctor that has access, you’re going to get the line everyone else gets.

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

Great assumption hope you feel better. Now please tell me which steroids help returning from acl reconstruction and why are they used? Because i did my research including friends in pro sports and everybody said it could cause more harm to the joints and speeding it up is not worthy if you are not pro with pressure to play

and i swear if u will go with testosterone or hgh im just gonna leave this convo lol

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Back to Nwaba.

Thanks for parting gift Daryl!

Deuce, HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Stone found him.

HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cool, link?

HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...15651539.php&usg=AOvVaw2urU1d2VRmGTYEBIlNgtvw

Deuce, HP3, RudyTBag and 1 other person like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

So wait does being at the "forefront" of said deal, mean they were both his idea? I feel like that could be used to embellish it. Dont mean to be negative, but Im now more skeptical than I ever have been with the Rockets.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  16. jacoby

jacoby Member

Is anyone else worried that Nwaba will be a casualty of Silas's rotation? His defense in the 4th quarter alongside Tate helped swing the momentum, and he has been a capable shooter. He needs more minutes.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Agree, need to expand rotation to include him, make it a full 10 man rotation.

jacoby and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  18. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Basketball felony to bench this guy.

19. HardenVolumeOne

yea nwaba’s defense kind of changed the tide of the game in that third quarter

Nook, aelliott and jacoby like this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

but do you even lift breh?

jacoby likes this.