1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Root For The Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Morey doesn't necessarily want small ball. The league does however have to adjust to what other teams are doing. Rockets are not the only team that runs small ball. JVG and other coaches often do at the end of quarters or games based on situations and line ups. It didn't start to be that prevalent until MDA was wildly successful with Nash in Phoenix with it. I know you are being facetious but Tucker being 6'5 and soon to be over 35 I don't see that happening. At most he'll finish the last year of his contract. Cheer up, I know you outlook for this team is bleak but it could be way worse if we didn't have Morey.

4. HardenVolumeOne

If we could somehow get Ben Simmons for Westbrook. Small ball would be perfect

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did you not read my entire post?

6. riko

riko Member

You can’t begrudge LeBron for wining. The man is the poster child of what a pro athlete should be. Supremely talented but he absolutely takes the best care of his body so he can perform to the highest level.

jiggyfly and Ramo$e like this.
  7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I did. Did you read mine? Those were all "not hard" situations. You just appear to be ok with them if the player has the good fortune of winding up in that situation, even though Magic did choose to leave school to play with the best player in the world. And he won instantly. What a challenge.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You obviously did not read my entire post or you have serious reading comprehension problem. I said that Russell was lucky to be on a stacked team therefore he did not get many points in the GOAT conversation. The same could be said about Magic and Bird.

Is it clear now?

I never said LeBron did not deserved to be in the GOAT conversation. My contention is that the team hopping should be a minus, not a plus for him. Every player has minuses and pluses. You don't spin one's minus into a plus just because you like the guy.

saleem likes this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Nearly every coach in the NBA does that, there are no coaches that routinely throw their players under the bus. T-Mac was usually the guy they would blame since his teams would routinely under achieve, whether it was due to injury or his work ethic, or with teammates being injured. The media does not question Harden to the orgs face in post game interviews (keyboard warriors are a different story), because they would be laughed out of the building.

What I meant by players coach is that MDA's system was catered for Harden to have impressive statistical performances and average a ton of points, that has never been something JVG could manufacture. The era was different, so I hope if he is hired we aren't routinely scoring under 100.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You obviously did not read my entire post or you have serious reading comprehension problem. You obviously didn't read your entire post either.

All of the players I listed were in the GOAT convo and nothing was hard about the way they won, surrounded by immense talent.

Russell WAS considered the GOAT pre the 80's, then the following happened:

- Cap won 5 more titles and broke all kinda records with his longevity
    - A new generation grew up watching Magic/Bird/Jordan

No one held the stacked teams against Russell. His PEERS voted him league MVP a then record 5 times. He WAS considered the greatest. Go talk to folks who were in the generation that saw him and a lot of them still consider him to be the greatest.

No one held it against Cap, Magic or Bird either. And Magic CHOSE to play with Cap and won instantly. No one cared. He was still on Mount Rushmore, which was generally considered to be (in no order) Russell, Cap, Magic and Bird...pre Jordan. NO ONE on the GOAT list ever won in a David vs Goliath situation. Unless your name is Dirk, Duncan (x1) or Dream (x1) then when you won you had arguably the most talented team in basketball. No one cared about how hard it was to win. You don't care about playing with great talent and it being hard...just choosing to play with great talent. Your contention that it has something to do with how hard it was is as false as false can be, because it wasn't hard for any player on that mountain.

Is it clear now?

#90 Icehouse, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020