1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you have the privilege of not worrying about a leader riling up a bunch of losers to attack my mother who wears a hijab when she goes to the voting booth.

Your take that you can't tell who is morally superior is the stupidest thing I've heard yet in this message board.

You've never met Hitler. You think he was misunderstood?

Also I can provide data and proper analysis of said data that shows their motivations. And yes it's primarly led by fear of the "other".

#4921 fchowd0311, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Nook and AleksandarN like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's what they're aiming for.

Democracy? Sheeeey***********************t.

RayRay10, malakas and Master Baiter like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But you can judge based on actions. Trump made it standard operating procedure to remove children from the parents when they trying to enter our nation, even legally in some cases. That is an ******* move. Trump has lied about, botched, and not doled out medical supplies to battle Covid19. That is an ******* move.

But here's the thing. Even if somehow people couldn't tell those were ******* moves, they are moves that are bad for our nation. So it is possible that certain actions fall into both categories.

As far as Trump mocking handicapped people, refusing to denounce white supremacists, etc. I think those fall into ******* moves too. It doesn't mean he's always an *******, but it is understandable that people don't want to vote for someone who does those types of actions.

RayRay10, R0ckets03 and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Only if you live in a poor area.

RayRay10, Nook, malakas and 2 others like this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I switched over to the news for a few minutes just in time to see a Trump supporter, mask less of course and packed in with others, say that the disease picked the wrong President to mess with.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. ths balla

ths balla Member

Mom is Colombian and my father is from Iraq so yes, sooooo much privilege I have lived with. Interesting how that take didn't work out for you.

Also you misunderstood the take, my point is the both candidates have their moral fallacies but the people I know who vote left and right, find those easier to ignore because their policy perspective aligns more w their views.

Would love to see that, bc blanket statements about a group of people bc of they way they vote between 2 choices is some of the dumbest thing I've heard in life.

RayRay10 and Space Ghost like this.
  9. ths balla

ths balla Member

Completely agree. But to then say well if u vote for this ******* then ur *******, that logic doesn't add up to me when there is only 1 other choice. Ive got friends voting left and friends voting right, some vote based on policy, some based on morality/character. To each their own, I just hold less weight on the morality perspective.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

See your platirdudes are bs. There is a threshold I'm sure you accept where you find it okay to make judgements about groups of people based on who they support. Such as Hitler. I'm sure you are perfectly fine judging a human based on their support for Hitler.

We currently have a president who makes up fake stories of "thousands upon thousands" of Muslims celebrating 9/11 on the streets of Jersey city and then he goes around telling his voters to be vigilant and look out for anything suspicious and act at the polling stations. If you have any traits that make you obviously not part of the in culture of the Trump base, you should be rationally concerned about your safety going to the polls.

https://www.prri.org/research/white...nomy-trade-immigration-election-donald-trump/

Here is a deep analysis of Trump voter motivations.

#4930 fchowd0311, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Nook likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Laughable that trump supporters believe anything he says...

RayRay10, No Worries and Ubiquitin like this.
  12. ths balla

ths balla Member

Also, forgot to add Im sorry your mother had to go through that, those people are scum.

No, each person votes for their own reasons, some I disagree with, some I do not but again that is their right. Not every Biden voter is the same, not every Trump voter is the same. Politics is so freaking nuanced that distilling it down to blanket statements about large groups of people based on their choice between 2 candidates is lazy.

I'm not scared at all going to the poll stations, surprise, both sides trying to use fear to fuel their base to vote. Its never as serious, scary or evil as the media and twitter make it seem, everyone calm downnnn.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

I spent 4+ years in a bubble chalk full of the people you exactly fear. What's funny is that during the time I was in, political discourse was rather light and not often. There was an obvious right wing bias. Plenty of vocal Obama insults and not once have I heard someone say positive thing about Obama amongst those I served with besides 2 who were the rare liberals in probably the entire company that I can recall. But after we got out, we interacted mostly on Facebook besides a few I still meet up with every few months. So I have access to all of these peers I served with with almost everyone in my company which is close to 200 but also the branch of their relative's and close friends on Facebook. So this wasn't be being an idiot and just getting riled up about fake accounts and trolls on facebook. These are REAL people all of whom I'm acquainted with with, many of whom I've ****ing slept in the same rooms as.

Think of the worst right wing conspiracy peddled by bad faith actors you know are extreme. Ya they buy into the vast majority of that **** from Dems having a secret pedo ring to Obama is a secret Muslim.

What's scary is how often it's easy to share and spam these memes and videos. It's always on my news feed. I see how often my own peers and their close ones interact online. The data even shows the top 10 most shared content on Facebook is almost all exclusively right wing sources like Breitbart. This is what dividing the country.

Some of my former peers who are actual NYPD cops are constantly b**** about poor urban black culture. They buy into all the racist tropes such as "welfare queens". These are COMMON sentiments expressed by their other peers in law enforcement.

Facebook is far reaching. Imagine the millions of people who constantly regurgitate this garbage on to their phone screens and just constantly absorb this crazy alternative narrative of the world as their reality.

All I have to say is just look at all the crazy **** Trump tweets and says at his rallies on a daily basis. This is what his voters want. They wouldn't chose him out of 17 other Republicans if this wasn't the choice for millions of GOP primary voters.

#4933 fchowd0311, Oct 12, 2020
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Indeed, we are all voting for as if our lives depend on it because if Trump wins, our democracy is over.

RayRay10, Nook, malakas and 2 others like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

5+ hours in line just to vote...

that is so ridiculous

I couldn’t imagine standing in line for 5 hours for anything

I could’ve drove from Houston to Austin and back, and she still would’ve been in line waiting to vote

I could’ve almost finished watching Avengers: Endgame twice, and she’d still be in line waiting to vote

I could’ve watched 2 whole NBA games, and she’d still be in line waiting to vote

voting should be 1 of the easiest and most accessible things to do, but 1 party doesn't want certain sections of the population to vote...they want to discourage people from voting

RayRay10, Nook and malakas like this.
  16. ths balla

ths balla Member

First, Thank you for your service.

Second, I don't fear anybody(politics wise), so Im not sure what you are referring to. I do understand your sentiments are built bc of what you saw first hand and don't deny their are def crazies. Im just saying their are crazies on both sides which is why I dont judge people based on who they vote for just bc they have that similar connection w said crazy. And yes, facebook is a huge problem. Your talking to someone who has a 65% chance of voting Dem and 35% chance voting independent bc I truly believe both candidates are ****.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Biden is ****, then Trump is Polonium 210

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

They go out of their way to show the world their incompetence.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Senator

Senator Member

Biden has it in the bag, Trump getting desperate and pumping stock market. Will be interesting who liberals blame when the same issues exist 4 years from now, as there was no one else after OBama's 8.

Focus now on Supreme Court, don't see the big deal with banning abortion in non rape cases?

#4940 Senator, Oct 12, 2020