1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Amazon TV] The Boys Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 7, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If you could make heads explode, why wouldn't you just, like, crush an internal organ. You could make all sorts of people die of what would look like natural causes, (without a good autopsy anyway). Makes for less gory spectacle for the show though -- I get that.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

They probably can't 'concentrate' their power to that degree.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’d like to do a little digging around in starlight’s butt.

also, I kept thinking the last scene would be a cut to stormfront somewhere in a vought bunker hooked up to machines with maybe a visit from Gus. I don’t think she’s dead either.

Here’s a little write up on what she was saying in German if y’all missed it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/boys-season-2-finale-stormfront-german-meaning/amp/

boomboom likes this.
  4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been trying to figure out Victoria's game. She she was clearly the one exploding all the heads, which explains why it wasn't hers that was exploded in the court scene (which at the time seemed fishy to me because if it was someone trying to put a stop to the inquiry, then HER'S would be the first head that should explode). I'm guessing she is secretly working for Edgar? That the whole thing was one big ruse so he could convince the public that compound V should be put back under wraps and not distributed? Basically his underhanded, extremely gory way of cleaning up the mess Homelander created.That's the only thing that makes sense to me because all the heads she explodes ultimately serve Stan Edgar (Raynor closing in, courtroom with whistleblowers, etc, Not-Scientology guy and his "dirt"). Maybe Cindy was just a red herring all along. Definitely explains her weird reaction when Hughie wants to work for her to bring Vought down. Now she either has to kill him or keep up the charade somehow.

I enjoyed the hell out of this season. I kind of wish they would drop the Deep stuff. He was funny a few times but I feel like they've mined that for all the humor they can and he really isn't that interesting of a character. I actually would have much preferred Lamplighter survive and them explore that a little more, but oh well. I was glad that Butcher showed a little humanity there at the end, but really it is still difficult to root for him with as much as he has done. I like him better as this weird agent of chaos in the midst of Hughie/MM/Frenchie/Kimiko trying to do real good.

Just a fantastic show, though. Can't wait for season 3.

arkoe and boomboom like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought the finale was good, not great. Overall I enjoyed the first season more but still liked the second season.

jiggyfly and boomboom like this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think there's more things to do with The Deep. They can definitely explore the fallout of A-Train being accepted back into the Seven while Deep is benched, and now the Church is...dissolved? Not sure. I wonder if the Church will get a new 'head' (lol) honcho or if it's just simply a season 2 thing.

donkeypunch and boomboom like this.
  7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Neuman looks a lot like AOC and campaigns from Queens, so I imagine a shift in storytelling aimed at some of the more extreme progressives next season since they went pretty hard at the alt-right extremists this season.

Since the overall theme is that corporations are the real masterminds that control every thing and since it's already been established Neuman is covertly working for Vought, I imagine that's the route they'll go next season. Attacking those that campaign on change and hope and how that can even be weaponized for a cause. And given the likely change in political climate next year assuming a lot of Senate seats flip as well as the Presidency (although who knows until the dust settles), it'd be a wise choice to cover how corporations heavily influence the progressive side of politics and culture as well.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I agree @Juxtaposed Jolt. He's being kept around for a reason...and it's not just cheap comedic relief. I think he comes back at some point to play a key role in some storyline.

[​IMG]

donkeypunch and Juxtaposed Jolt like this.
  9. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I thought Stormfront had the daughter before she was injected with V. My impression is that supes were made infertile, otherwise why would Stormfront be so fixated by Ryan, other than he might be a more controllable version of Homelander.

I really get confused on why some supes can take major damage, and others die pretty easily.

10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Whatever happened to Black Noir? Is he dead?

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They mentioned his nut weakness as a counter for him in the last episode, so he prob recovered.

Did not know Black Noir was, in fact, Black until I watched the aftershow.

Hoping they bring in a Yellow Ranger, even if he/she has to be masked so Homelander won't notice...

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Thought they said something about him still recovering in the finale.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

IIRC Homelander said he was "a ****ing vegetable."

arkoe likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm sure that's what they are trying to do, but it could fall flat. They want the Jamie Lannister redemption story but so far are executing it like the Theon Greyjoy redemption story (ie, poorly).

I'm rooting for The Deep to have a good going in season 3, don't get me wrong. But to date, his screentime has been... not great. I don't feel anything for him, positive or negative; just a slight annoyance when I see it's going to be a Deep scene.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I finally got around to watching the last episode of season 2 and very well done. This might be D&D material so excuse me for getting political.
    Obviously there are a lot of parallels to The Boys and what has been happening the last few years in the US
    One thing that struck me about Homelander when Maeve told him he could destroy everything but no one would love him anymore. That really struck me as something Rick Santorum said about why Trump wouldn't condemn groups like the Proud Boys or QAnon. That he hated to criticize those who support him because he wants their adulation. I don't know if this was intentional on the part of the writers but it seems to be one of the many parallels between Homelander and Trump that they are so powerful but also so desperate for love and approval.

Invisible Fan and boomboom like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The actor who plays HL said that was one of his main inspirations for the character.

Ayesha Taylor in the aftershow doesn't hold back on the show's loaded social commentary. Makes it a weird blend given it's weird light hearted gutter humor theme.

17. boomboom

Supporting Member

I really don't read too much into the hidden social messages that are interjected. It completely ruins the fun for me whenever I draw the comparisons.

Really missing watching a new episode today. Sorta like weening off an addicting drug (I'm guessing). Can't wait for S3.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

19. boomboom

Supporting Member

@jiggyfly ...probably best that you didn't read those. Fair amount of spoilers contained.

lol...AOC-ish as a bad guy. Hopefully S3 will tone down on some of the political diatribe and focus back on making fun of itself and laying out a solid storyline.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The social messaging is not hidden. It's pretty in your face.

Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.