1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't sleep on David Nwaba

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by realonemo, Sep 13, 2020.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Great 3 and D but worry about recovery after Achilles. Really has only had one solid season.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thats all fine and good...and I like a lot of those options. But what we desperately need also is somebody who can take the ball out of Hardens hands for periods of times.

Russ is that person at times but we can not give Russ the same usage we give Harden...simply because he is turn over prone and can be to erratic at times.

We really need somebody who can handle the ball take care of the ball run the offense and hit shots when James is on the bench. And can also play alongside Russ so he isn’t the primary ball handler at all times when James sits.

Also a real plus would be if they can also at times play along side James and Russ. With player to be named at point James at SG and Russ at SF or vice versa. For small periods of times.

(Rondo was really huge for the lakers) and he came off the bench.

saleem, Nelly and jcmoon like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

18pbr likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Morey outsmarts himself again.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

How?

6. saleem

Do you expect a player recovering from a torn Achilles to play his role in a significant manner? He might not even be ready for the upcoming season. Morey thinks he is smarter than anyone else.

bmelo likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

He cost the Rockets almost nothing. He will have had 13-14 months to recover by the time the season starts.

There is always a risk with a player coming off an injury but he is young and already playing and practicing at a high level.

Deuce, joshuaao, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Nwaba played some pf minutes on the nets this year, that's why his block rate went up so much. I think Rockets are very interested in that and may see a PJ Tucker replacement down the line.

Deuce, joshuaao, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Shaq Harrison may be a better alternative to Nunn. Nearly as good defensively and at least started to show a semblance of an offensive game last year(reminds me of Nwaba actually) vs none for Nunn. Also will be cheaper.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Harrison would be a great get. He is very good defensively and is bright and a hard worker. I wouldn’t be shocked if he becomes a really good player. The only issue is the Bulls claim they will spend what it takes to keep him.

Deuce, joshuaao, CXbby and 1 other person like this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Read that the bulls will keep one between Nunn and Harrison so the other should be available.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Some sleepers from last year that analytics love are Christian Wood(not much of a sleeper anymore I guess after the Drummond trade), Divencenzo, Shaq Harrison and Nwaba. We know Morey was already interested in a couple of those.

Deuce, joshuaao, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Langston Galloway and Tyler Johnson are good plan B options if Nunn or Harrison priced too high.

14. amaru

amaru Member

I don’t know what kind of player he will be after an Achilles tear. My expectations are low.

saleem likes this.
  15. saleem

I'm skeptical, but I hope he will do well.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

I believe Wes Mathews tore his achilles before as well? He might not get back to his peak but at his age prognosis of getting back to an useful player is good. It's when you are in your mid 30s and rupture your achilles that's the career ender(kobe).

I'm going to be rooting hard for Nwaba next year, I'm actually trying to get back from an achilles rupture myself.

Deuce likes this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

my friend tore Achilles last year. Cant believe anybody has hope in someone becoming good again with so short recovery.. It would take 2 years AT LEAST for him to be healthy, and then you got to regain your touch, feel confident etc

saleem likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Your friend doesn't train like a professional 24/7.

D-rock and T FOR 3!!! like this.
  19. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

This video was posted about a month ago in Houston. With the extra time for the start of the season, I'll say that without a different injury or set-back, he'll be ready to go by the start of a new season.

#39 T FOR 3!!!, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Also really worth noting about the video above: He's making a point to jump off of his off-leg/right foot. That's the Achilles that he tore. This video is maybe the most encouraging thing that you could ask for...

D-rock and RudyTBag like this.