1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 27, 2020.

?

Lakers vs. Heat

Poll closed Sep 30, 2020.
  1. Lakers in 4

4.6%
  2. Lakers in 5

12.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

40.0%
  4. Lakers in 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Heat in 7

21.5%
  6. Heat in 6

15.4%
  7. Heat in 5

3.1%
  8. Heat in 4

3.1%
  1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He played great defense as well. The problem was that he kinda disappeared in the fourth. Him limping around when on offense was weird because he was flying around on defense and rebounding.

Caesar likes this.
  2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lakers better hope AD is ok because Heat can easily pull an upset without AD being 100%.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This a coping mechanism. Jimmy (and CP3) would have been great in Houston. It's okay to say it, lol.

its over now.. we look to the future... with westbrook..

:oops:

MettaWorldPete and Caesar like this.
  4. JumpMan

Was LeBron calling for the ball?

Caesar likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

LAKERS has nothing to do with it? I'd say it's got most to do with it. LeBron can mercenary his way to 10 titles for all i care, but with the Lakers? Yeah, no, **** LA and yes, **** LAbron

Sean Dr34ms and Easy like this.
  6. Mr. Space City

Bruh....

[​IMG]

If this was Eric Gordon, I would be calling him words that would get me cancelled from social media.

Caesar likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sucks for laker fans; their favorite baseball team lost tonight too

B-Bob and JumpMan like this.
  8. JumpMan

This is true. This thought did cross my mind. But the stage was set for him. Mamba jerseys. Co-star down. Down 1 with a chance to win it with a walkoff. He didn't make it happen.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It has nothing to do with LeBron and MJ. It has everything to do with the Lakers. Nobody should want the Lakers win a championship, especially that "win one for Kobe" thing they are tooting.

heypartner and Sean Dr34ms like this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Would it? It's odd. Jimmy had Thibs in Chicago. Another *******, tough leader and followed him to Minny. He was never happy. Would another ******* little general like CP3 keep him happy? I'm not sure. Spolestra is pretty chill as a coach, Riley is the leader/mentor behind the scenes, but Jimmy gets to be the alpha leader on the court. Something he couldn't do with Thibs and likely with CP3 either.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Funny thing: The True Different between Jimmy Butler and James Harden

Jimmy's last drive to the basket and getting fouled

Commentators and new found Jimmy Stans: That 's old school basketball . . . .. don't let the defense off the hook!!

James Harden does the same thing and it is all: You cannot look for the Refs to bail you out this late in the game!!!

Rocket River

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

If that was CP3 making that pass, it would have been exactly where Danny Green likes to catch it and there would be no bending down to pick it up and balance and rise up for the shot. Gordon would have bricked it either way, but Green getting that pass from CP3= game over.

hakeem94 and JumpMan like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm going to be that guy. Forgive me:

Rockets could have been in the finals if Harden would just do other things when he passes the ball off. It is a lot harder to scheme against one player if you are doing other things in an offense.

Jimmy is every where guarding everybody. When his less talented teammates are in trouble Jimmy is there cutting to basket or setting a pick or diving for balls. Jimmy is even their cheerleader telling each guy they are the best player on the floor.

I'm just saying players feed off that sh*t. Miami is playing hard for a chip and for Jimmy who is squeezing out every millijoule of energy.

Yung-T, hakeem94, Rodman23 and 5 others like this.
  14. Mr. Space City

CP3 making that move in the same situation

hakeem94, Patience and B-Bob like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree that Jimmy wanted to be an alpha, but more than anything, he wants dogs around him with his dogged mentality. CP3 has that kind of Jimmy mentality. Harden is the type of guy to take a back seat to someone who's game he respects. Harden would fall in line with Jimmy. IMO

Jimmy's main problem has always been the toughness of his teammates. Harden is tough, he's just f-cking weird sometimes.

#555 DreamShook, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    MettaWorldPete and Caesar like this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Butler takes too many mid-range shots to play in Houston.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Sort of. LeBron had his hand raised, but was completely behind Morris / out of Morris' FOV. Plus, Morris was looking at AD the whole way. I also don't think Morris had the game clock in his head. Honestly, most players would have tried to make a pass to Davis. Davis had Bam pinned in the paint...just, a lob pass was not the way to go.

JumpMan likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I see what you're saying, but i gotta disagree. Harden's history shows he's just not motivated in the same ways. A guy like Harden needs a laid back environment with positive reinforcement or minimal interference in what Harden wants to do. Harden can't cut it with a drill instructor, tough love type of motivation IMO.

20. jowman

jowman Member

We can get Danny greens expiring and kuzma for Eric Gordon. At least Gordon is good for a game per series. These guys have been straight bums.