1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bill O'Brien appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Brandon Brooks left entirely because of Bill OBrien and he turned into a pro bowler borderline all pro guy in Philly.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

All kidding aside....I don't feel bad for BOB the coach, but I do kind of feel bad for BOB the person. Maybe I have a soft spot for any parent of a special-needs child, but if you've ever seen BOB around his son, it would melt your heart.

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Maybe he can coach the special olympics.

clos4life likes this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao damn

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Does it melt your heart to see parents without that kind of financial stability doing the sane thing everyday all day?.. Me being one of them!

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Ouch! Damn...

[​IMG]

7. thejav

thejav Member

Good coach. Horrible gm if mcnair wasnt such an idiot he would have had proper gm and not give all the power to 1 guy. Agian. The gm got the coach fired, simple as that.

mario_v likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I appreciate Bill O'Brien for showing us exactly what not to do.

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim likes this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Set this franchise back for years with terrible trades and overpaying mediocrity.

Funny enough he was a much worse GM the coach.

Kim and clos4life like this.
  11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is what angers me so much about BOB. Brooks, Brown, Mathieu, Jackson, Clowney, Hopkins all gone because of him. When you have a problem with that many players YOU are the problem.

12. Buck Turgidson

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not angry with BOB. It was well past time to move on from him, but that's not his fault....it's ownership's fault. I'm hoping this firing is a sign Cal may be open to change more than his father was, but that remains to be seen. Everything I've heard about BOB suggests he's a good human being...I just don't want him being coach or GM for my NFL team.

Kim and gatsby like this.
  14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Terrible coach, even worse GM, awful people skills, kept feuding with essential players, a-hole to the fans and media, ruined this team for years... yet you guys are defending him because he is the parent of a special needs child?!

Guess what, you're supposed to be a good parent! That's the baseline, you don't get props for doing right by your child, it's the bare minimum. Even awful human beings take care of their own. It's everything else he should be judged by and everything points at him being a pretty crappy person that got away with bad behavior simply because he had power like being a coach and GM of a professional team.

No don't feel sorry for him, he will still get another college coaching job where he will ruin young men, abuse his power and be fawned over by fans and media for it as long as he wins while being greatly compensated for it.

In the contrary, as a Texans fan there's only one good response: Good riddance and you suck too, m'fer!

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not sure people are defending him. People are just saying that a parent of a special needs child losing their job, sucks. Like, it's already hard enough being a parent. But a parent of a special needs child? A parent who is now out of a job? That sucks. Regardless of how 'easy' it is to land another coaching job.

16. thejav

thejav Member

Dont agree with this at all. Take out the year watson got hurt. Bob has a very good win loss record. He is the best coach to come out of the patriots tree. Won the decision with Brock and Hoyer. Mcnair ****ed everything up by giving him to much power. He will land on his feet very soon.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

He has millions of dollars, unlike most parents of special needs children, he has more resources than parents of most SPED children. He and his family will be fine even if he doesn't land a job for years. He was a crappy coach who lucked out into playing in the worst division in the league for the years that he was here, allowing him to win the division four times. He's treated people like crap like he was Belichick but unlike Belichick he did not back up any of it when it really mattered. Realistically should have been let go years ago. He definitely deserved what he got for Karma, incompetence and overall lacking basic human courtesy. Don't feel sorry, he is already fine and will continue to be fine unlike most people in this covid society we're living in.

#57 clos4life, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    BamBam likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I never had a problem with the play calling till the playoff game last year. I think his GM moves are gonna prove themselves to be good

I dont have a problem with his firing, his game management was not good to start the year

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The team he took over was not that good. Johnson was done he had no qb. He had jj and a young Hopkins

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Win loss records mean jack sht if u never show up in playoffs. His ass should have been fired right after that chiefs playoff game or even earlier.

King1 likes this.