1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Assistant coach John Lucas also on Rockets' interview list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jim1961, Oct 3, 2020.

1. macan

macan Member

only Phil Jackson can save us this time

elmotsang likes this.
  2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I would rather Sam Cassel but I love John to. The other thing is John has a relationship with tons of NBA talent especially the top guys. He would not be one-dimensional he would advocate like Sam to have a balanced roster.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

gogispade and D-rock like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

John is not a good head coach, with all due respect.

Dacamel likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's cheap. I can guarantee you Westbrook and Harden loves this hire. Now will it get us a championship... NOPE!!!

Imanimal and Dacamel like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Shh don’t tell anyone but MDA is a HOF coach that most of the league wants to play for. One can have the best strategies but still not be effective if no one is willing to implement them. He/she can yell, scream, whistle or even whisper it doesn’t matter if the teams doesn’t want to play for that person. Without a relationship teaching, coaching or any kind of mentoring is limited at best. Fear and intimidation work for a limited time (The players will find a different source) and not at all in a professional setting. The Rockets are Morey’s team make no mistake about that. The HC is a figurehead.

7. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Russ is on the basketball 12 Steps. First step is getting him to admit he has a problem.

Bearius Jones likes this.
  8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I don't believe Bra Bra.......I dont believe that at all.

BUT(and its only hypothetical) if this is true, I dont like this. James needs to stay out of it and let Morey do his work. LOL and Fertitta being unsure about Danuel House is .....well kind of hilarious in a way.

Also....have yall seen the rest of Bra Bra's twitter............its pretty yikes.

D-rock, J Sizzle and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. opticon

opticon Member

I respectfully disagree about James staying out of it. He is in his early 30s and only has a few more years of elite play. The more he is involved in the process the engaged he will be.

11. opticon

opticon Member

* More

12. HP3

HP3 Member

The last time he got more involved we traded for Westbrook, he needs to stay out of it. I love James but this coaching decision needs to be Morey's. John Lucas is not an X's and O's coach.

13. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Might as well just Hire Calvin Murphy.

Imanimal likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

If the goal is to hire a coach that makes Harden happy, then just hire Bobby Brown.

Harden doesn’t want anyone that will come in with any new ideas.

JW86 and J Sizzle like this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I understand Tillman's concern. I originally thought Tillman was being cheap but the reality is Harden and Westbrook want another coach to walk over so they can continue to do what they do under pressure. What we are probably looking at here is a situation where we need to trade this guys along with getting a new coach.

16. fattz

fattz Member

With the right return for Harden I think you maybe right. He will be the best player in the trade but he seem to be a little toxic. We are at a pivotal moment in Rocket history.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

harden is bigger than the team. he needs some front office roles as well.

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

So status quo for players and cheaper bill for Tilman

19. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

20. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

I like John Lucas but not as our head coach. You can keep him in his present position. Lucas has been around our organization for a long time and is too familiar with Harden and Westbrook. We need to bring someone in new with a different perspective on things and a new philosophy.

D-rock likes this.