1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Rather James Harden Retire A Rocket Or Win A Ring Somewhere Else?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Oct 4, 2020.

?

Would You Rather James Harden Retire A Rocket Or Win A Ring Somewhere Else?

1. Retire A Rocket

2. Win A Ring Somewhere Else.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

reading through these replies is very interesting. There are only 2 choices, but everyone trying to shoe horn whatever they believe into the question. The poll results are very surprising to me.

I want Harden to get a ring but I would rather he not win a ring here.

Ramo$e, don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Easy, retire a Rocket. Only reason I would support him winning a ring was because he wanted to move on and have a chance to compete for one. Otherwise, I'm happy with him retiring a Rocket. He's my favorite Rocket of all time and I want to see the rest of his career.

HardenVolumeOne and Ramo$e like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean....great scorers will take shots like this. He's given free reign by the coaches to take as many step backs as he wants, more often than not its fine, its a good shot. In the playoffs you even saw Harden limit his step back attempts. You'll see with the new coach if this was really the "wrong" way to go about it.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

This.
    He will be remembered as a Rocket even if he wins a championship elsewhere. Last thing we want is another Barkley. Great player but always looked at "oh but he doesn't have a ring.."

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can never vote against the Rockets and I love James Harden so I abstain. Besides, he'll win one here soon!

D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  6. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harden deserves better. He gave us his prime and in return gets to play with a roster and system that is a gimmick. As a result, he is unfairly labeled as a choker.

I would want him to win a ring somewhere else so that his career is validated.

amaru likes this.
  8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Weird how no one wants to play with him here to win one. Though I'm positive they wouldn't mind his help on their team. It's crazy nonsense. Westbrook is a given because they damn near brothers. That's it though. Chris Paul came but didn't take less $$$ probably still would have gotten traded had Westbrook became available. So he did the right thing but definitely made himself a trading option after the hamstring injury. I do not believe if Morey had a choice he would have traded for Westbrook outright as a upgrade.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Retire a Rocket w/ rings.

Outside that, I really want him to win rings. My hate for the media is growing in close parity w/ my love for the Rockets...

10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Win a ring HERE.
    Don't care what happens if he's ELSEWHERE.

D-rock likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing is guaranteed but go chase that ring. Get yourself a trophy.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

You must be a yogi with all the contortions you come up with.