1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo tries to rewrite his own history with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Oct 3, 2020.

1. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

uhh we went to WCF with McHale.....

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Actually didn't find this offensive as other people. I think the main thing I gather from this and previous things players have said along with just watching is this. Mike was the problem. Like if you are main rotation guy he will get on his knees for you but if you are a bench player or someone he doesn't like he will forget you even exists. Seems like Melos problem with the Rockets was that Mike didn't give him the time of the day because Mike didn't see him as important.

In reality Melo wasn't that important. The problem with that is though you have just an 8 man rotation and the players get worn out and the bench is useless because they have no role or rhythm. I think that in a good organization everyone on the bench that will actually get not garbage time minutes should have a clear define role with open communication. Seems that Dantoni really only cared about the first 8. Melo isn't a superstar anymore but he was definitely worth minimum. If there was another coach in place I think the Melo thing would have worked simply because Melo wasn't that important and he was in minimum. One thing I do see though is I don't think he would have stayed more than a year if he stayed.

saleem and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Faried couldn't guard a manikin. Melo is still trash. Was trash in NY. He was never willing to do what the team asked or needed until he damn near couldn't find one because he couldn't parlay his past Nugget play into a contract, let alone a big one. How the mighty have fallen. Took him and Howard long enough to catch up. Melo was only here because of CP3. His banana boat buddy. Could he have helped against Lakers? I doubt it.

Most teams who depart with players or coaches the circumstances are not amicable. Otherwise they would still be with the team. Rockets are not the only ones with player or personnel turnover.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know what happened with Adelman. He did quite well with every roster, even the last one with Martin, Brooks and Lowry

topfive likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Every coach that was let go, from Rudy T to McHale felt disrespected by the owner. JVG took it the best and didn't hold a grudge. Rudy and Adelman was diplomatic. McHale was the only one who didn't hide his bitterness. This has been my beef about Les Alexander.

Rudy should have been treated with more honor given how he had dedicated his whole career with the Rockets. JVG couldn't get us past the first round and I don't blame the letting go. But I remember the extension drag was pretty ugly. Adelman did very well with limited talent. During his tenure Yao and TMac were almost never healthy at the same time. He wanted to stay. But the FO wanted to force him to groom the next head coach, which was an underhanded way to say that you are not in our long term plan. Even McHale deserved better than being axed 13 games into the season with no better prospect to replace him.

saleem likes this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Rudy T was ill. Everyone loved Rudy but for his own sake he had to be told to take a step back. He tried to coach the Lakers and then lasted barely a season. The man gave everything to his team even if it was detrimental to his own health. The city will always be in debt to Rudy T. I would love for him to take a president of basketball operations like Pat Riley for us where it didn't mean killing himself while allowing Morey to GM.

7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Royce White says hi!

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Morey admitted he made a mistake by going after Royce. He felt Royce had star potential.