1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

Of course he will call the plays.... the toughest part of the schedule is over.... he can collect some wins against **** teams and then claim that the Texans would have won the division if only he was calling plays.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean what happens when the texans are that shitty team though lol

they still have GB coming up, Titans are the better team, Cleveland looks much improved this year, still have NE, Indy's defense is going to have a field day with this non existent offense. They're not winning the division this year. tbh Minshew can probably split a win at worst vs this team lol

3. dookiester

dookiester Member

Lol

2015, Week 1: Brian Hoyer will start and George Godsey will call the plays.
    Also week 1: Ryan Mallett is taking over.
    Week 5: Brian Hoyer is our guy now.

2016: Brock Osweiler is everything we're looking for in a quarterback.
    Week 4: Im taking back play calling duties.

2017: Brock was awful, Tom Savage is our starter.
    Halfway through game 1: Deshaun Watson, you're up.

2020: Tim Kelly will call the plays.
    Week 4: I'm taking back play calling duties.

The guy seems like a good locker room presence but his actual decision-making is suspect at best, and it's perhaps most easily seen in his history of reversing his own decisions about personnel and delegating duties.

4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

"Life is good @J.R. and my dick is sore. Football is just a game buddy. Go out and buy a new car or go on a trip to Italy, the Texans will be there when you get back. Jerry O'Brien just needs more time.... now excuse me while I snort coke off this 18 year old's ass and eat taquitos."

Ottomaton, ROCKSS, RayRay10 and 5 others like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

You aren't using BOB logic.......... he still has a DC to blame if the Texans keep losing...... plus they can go 6-7 the rest of the way or 5-8 and claim the team is much improved over an 0-3 start. I am just waiting until he wants to use more draft picks at the deadline to trade for mediocre players.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BOB got tired of getting out BOB'd.

7. Nook

Nook Member

He is without question the worst because he has more power than the other names on the list.

steddinotayto, RayRay10 and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

0-4 start :) stop being generous

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I messed up lol I meant October 26th :rolleyes:. Day after we play the Packers. That would lead us into the bye. I’m thinking we’re 1-6.

RayRay10 and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

This X1000. Like I said during the game:

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

BOB's management of the 4Q yesterday............... If they had been 3-0 & lost because he 1) coached with no urgency; 2) kept taking the ball out of his best player's hands; and 3) bungled the 2-point conversion (after a lengthy explanation of how to manage it *in that exact situation* erupted after Cowboys/Falcons, which proves he has no professional curiosity about doing his job better), I think I'd still be in here demanding he be fired.

What an indefensibly bad 4Q - which came on the back end of an overall bad effort.

BOB needs to be fired. He has, as a coach, devolved.

RayRay10 and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

This jerkoff thought he was gonna let Tim Kelly look like **** against the tough matchups, then swoop in for the Vikings game and singlehandedly start the turnaround. I'm so glad that plan bit him in the ass. I love that FOX crew G team.

14. Buck Turgidson

They got to live the full BoB experience, unfortunately we've been living it a lot longer.

vinsensual and RayRay10 like this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Bill O'Brien is an unrepentant whorehouse of mediocrity.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This post hurts.

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not really because it doesn't impact Cal & Co. financially - after all those fans still paid for the tickets, parking and concessions. So what if they're "angry" - it's no skin of his nose. Plus the TV money just keeps rolling in. If you are someone passionate about football (and who from Texas isn't?) then you are as hooked as a junkie looking for his next fix only your drug of choice is NFL football and there's only one place in town can serve you. And believe me, Cal & Co know this moreso than anyone else. And don't forget that it wasn't that long ago that Houston football fans were on the outside looking in as that ******* Bud Adams moved his clown show to Tennessee leaving behind all of the fans who has suffered through decades of his dumbass bullshit. All McNair had to do was to look at the absolute crapshow that was the Oilers. They provided such a clear roadmap on what NOT to do if you wanted to have a successful NFL organization that even Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder could have read it. And yet, damned if he didn't go out and created Houston Oilers Part II. Now he's gone and we are expected to believe that a guy who's a doppleganger for Pancakes can fix the mess his dad left behind? Yeah, right...

plutoblue11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Typical Sunday for Texans fans.

[​IMG]

On a positive note, I have been able to pay off my mom's car note thanks to the predictable Texan's failure.

plutoblue11 and RHU525 like this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

BoB is almost the worst thing that has ever happened to Houston football, second only to the Oilers leaving.

heck I mean the Texans might as well move, they will not have anything close to a respectable football team for the next 5 years. It’s going nowhere except down with BoB at the helm, and after BoB leaves, it will still take 3 seasons for another regime to pick up the pieces and rebuild.

I only watched the 4th quarter of the Vikings game and I am considering giving up Texans football altogether. I feel great on Sundays not watching or worrying about what the Texans are doing. I don’t need football.

20. Major

Major Member

LOL. That's true of any NFL team (most of them have more draft picks to build with though). The bigger problem is that the owner is the one person in the world that is somehow slower than you to figure out how bad BoB is and how much damage he is doing. It might be years before he figures it out.