1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Vikings @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Cal is a UT grad and former Longhorn football player.

Cal has always worked with his father. He worked at Cogen Industries for about a decade when it opened up. Got an MBA from Rice during that same period. He then moved with his dad and then with the Texans and Palmetto energy (owned by McNair)... he is the second highest in Palmetto if I remember right...

He had been mostly been viewed as a quiet but nice guy that never really wanted to go out on his own and wanted to please his dad. I know that at one point Bob McNair had wanted Cal to break out of his shell.

When Bob died some in the organization hoped he would grown and make the team his own.. but mostly Cal has discussed wanting to insure his fathers legacy.

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I am tired of the excuses. This team has more than enough talent. Win ball games or GTFO of town.

juanm34 likes this.
  3. Mr. Space City

The Texans are really not that talented. They only had 3 Pro Bowlers last year, and 1 of those guys plays for the Cardinals now.

Bob built one of the worst rosters in the league with no upwards mobility.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Someone said there’s talent on this team. Ummmm lol

clos4life likes this.
  5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

There’s definitely enough talent to play better ball than they have been recently though. No question about that!

Uprising and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Still didn't watch, don't even have to. If a team scores more than 30 points on us it's over. BoB's offense can only squeeze out 23ish points max. and on the rare occasion 30 if Watson pulls it out of his ass.

clos4life and Uprising like this.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Hold on, now. We scored 23 points today. Our highest point total of the season. I don't care that it came against the 2nd worst scoring defense in the league. Things are looking up for the Texans. Maybe we'll score 24 against the Jags.

:/

#547 Cannonball, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I hate the feeling this organization leaves us with as fans. Embarrassment and stupidity.

CometsWin likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah there isn’t. They’re getting lucky with most of their scores or the game is out of reach already tbh

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

O'Brien's incompetence is rubbing off on Deshaun and the team.

clos4life, Blatz, STR8Thugg and 2 others like this.
  11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Exactly .... We've seen the best drives right before the half ( when opposing defenses go into prevent for some reason) and when we're down big ( again when defenses are in prevent)... Just like Dak throwing for 400 every game... Defenses ease up to chew clock enabling these gaudy numbers from Dak and quick hitting drives for Watson.... It's like defenses don't take pride in shutting down offenses the whole game anymore...

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

13. STR8Thugg

You have Deshaun Watson, you have solid receivers, you have a boat load of assets invested in the offensive line.

Seriously, are you just stupid, or is this some dumb narrative you are trying to push? Yes there is enough talent to win games. GTFO with your regurgitated nonsense.

14. STR8Thugg

Geezus your "hot takes" are so ****ing lazy. Thanks for the insight skip bayless.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's just watson. as good as he is, he can't even The wr's on this team are not that good and basically limited route runners with 0 versatility. rb who sucks also.

no there is not enough talent. gtfo outta here with this garbage nonsense. all of this was foreseen by many here. don't be upset it's actually happening

#555 YOLO, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    STR8Thugg likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

thanks for your insight. some random cf

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup people who aren't actually watching these games and just looking at the box score don't understand what's really happening

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Man. These guys were running the ball with no timeouts down 8 and less than 2 minutes to go. Think about that. Who in their right mind keeps doing that? Its insanity at this point.

Speaking of the run game:

Duke Johnson should be the starting RB for this team I've seen enough of David Johnson. All my worst fears about him are true. He has no burst to the edge, he's not tough enough to pound between the tackles since he goes down at first contact usually, his little hop step doesn't fool anyone. Use him as a motion/slot guy or something else I don't care but he just isn't good enough to be a starting RB in the NFL anymore.

Why on Gods green Earth does the OL rotate so much?? Is it cuz they suck? They are getting tired? These dudes need to build some cohesion and you cant do that when your guys are rotating in and out like that IMO.

I don't even know man - this team just saps the energy right out of me. Don't understand why Deshaun can have 20 yards of green in front of him and he keeps trying to force passes instead of just using his wheels. I just don't get it. What is being taught? What is the instruction? Hell even Deshauns personal QB coach (Q Avery) couldn't help himself yesterday and was questioning the offense and specifically as to why they need to huddle before every single play? Seems like the offense as a whole clicks better when they run uptempo and I can only assume Deshaun is the guy calling the plays in those scenarios?

I dont even want to talk about the defense.

I picked the wrong year to quit drinking.

King1, Hank McDowell and YOLO like this.
  19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Verbal Christ and DonkeyMagic like this.
  20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Do we though? Looking at the new starters this year:

David Johnson - 31 year old RB who was running 3rd string for the Cardinals.
    Cooks - 4th team in 5 seasons.
    Cobb - One 1,000 yard season in 9 seasons.
    Dunn - Career backup NT.
    Hall - Raiders tried to trade him for a conditional 7 round pick but failed the physical and was just waived instead.
    Murray - Backup S for the Browns.