1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Rather James Harden Retire A Rocket Or Win A Ring Somewhere Else?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Oct 4, 2020.

?

Would You Rather James Harden Retire A Rocket Or Win A Ring Somewhere Else?

1. Retire A Rocket

2. Win A Ring Somewhere Else.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

His ass better win here since he begged the team to get his boy Westbrick here. He owes us big time. This team has done everything for him.

don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  2. s3ts

s3ts Member

We honestly don't deserve Harden, lots of Houston fans hating Harden making 0 sense.

As a fan, I want him here. I honestly would've left the city a long while back purely based on the world hating me for being posted up at the city.

DeBeards, amaru, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  3. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

I rather we trade him while his value is high. Don't get me wrong I appreciate what he has done for us

caneks likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Option 3.

I'd rather Harden win a ring WITH THE ROCKETS.

#KobayashiMaru

5. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Harden win somewhere else.

Tilman has made it very hard for the Rockets to win.

Morey has to find 3 - 4 high quality players (playoff high quality) at the veteran minimum or T-MLE. That is HARD.

Trading Eric Gordon doesn't make sense because you have Westbrook.

I don't believe in the NBA fixing games, but I do blame the NBA for not questioning if TIlman can afford the team,

DeBeards, amaru and HP3 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wanted Numero uno guy Dream retire here and it didn't happen.

tycoonchip and MettaWorldPete like this.
  7. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wouldn't mind if he just took the easy way out and won it with a superteam elsewhere. After a few years, nobody cares how you won it. If he wants out, we owe to him to get him where he wants to go.

DeBeards, amaru and HP3 like this.
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

OP please add a third option :

- Retire somewhere else and then the Rockets win a ring.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So we trade him somewhere else. He retires. Then he re-signs with us and we win the NBA championship?

I like this idea.

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

All i care about is the Rockets winning another ring...

with James... without James... idgaf...

James somewhere else... idgaf...

DeBeards and CometsWin like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wonder how many Rockets fans would continue to root for Harden if he no longer played for us.

don grahamleone and DeBeards like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

There are plenty of guys on here hating on him like he plays for another team anyways. This will just make it easier for them. :D

Easy likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

I think it would be best for him to leave. I don’t think he will now that Westbrook is here. There really isn’t a path back to relevance for this iteration of the Rockets. We are in cap hell for a bunch of players that can’t get us over the hump. Going full in microball was the nail in the coffin. Our slide started with extending Paul and accelerated with trading Capela.

I think Tilman looks to trade Harden in a season or two so that he can speed up the rebuild. It sucks boys but the next few years will be rough.

HP3 likes this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

A player winning a ring elsewhere doesn't preclude our Rockets franchise from winning a ring(s) in the future. So I voted for Harden winning a ring.

If there's a player that deserves it in the NBA, it's him.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Idk. I was on the Harden train, but we did him a BIG favor salvaging the next 6 years so he can get his boy WB over here. If they don't deliver I hope we don't ship him out unless it's beneficial for us.

16. TimDuncanDonaut

The fans/teams, we're all hamsters on a wheel. We're conditioned to think a ring is everything. I'm guilty of this to a degree. While it is one of the main goals, it's the not the only main goal.

There's more to bball than just the ring. Sure everyone works toward to it. Just because they didn't get one doesn't mean these basketball players or staff sucked at their jobs.

Getting a chance to play ball at the top level, get paid handsomely, have fans cheer you, family rooted in the community. All these things matter. The obsession for ring(s) while players have it, it's not the say all be all.

---
    Karl Malone went to the Lakers at his twilight years to chase rings. If he had a time machine and knew he wasn't going to win one, I wonder if he'd be happy reitred as a Jazz.

I wasn't sure if Gary Payton had one; had to google; he did win one with the Heat in 2006. But of course I only remember him as a Sonic. Not as a NBA champion even though he technically is one.
    ---
    If Harden goes to another team, ultimately that'd be his choice. But if he goes and win a ring with the Mavs, Lakers, Jazz or Spurs. I'd still hate those teams, but probably just pause on (fandom/hate) Harden until he moves on.

Harden should try to make it work here. In the days of players mobility, wouldn't it be more special if he stayed and retired here.

#36 TimDuncanDonaut, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

A good question, but…

dunt leave, just prove it here, otherwise you can't prove yourself wherever you go (KD an exception)

BamBam and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I just find it crazy that everyone is acting like Harden is completely washed up. He hasn't even shown decline. The man's game isn't based on athleticism or dunking. He can shoot, pass and score outside. His game will last. Westbrook is the one that needs to be shipped yesterday.

don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Give him 2-3 more years, until he's 33-34, then trade him and start over. I hope he wins a ring somewhere else for his legacy, but I do harbor a small amount of ill-will for influencing management to do the WB trade.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden has peaked in beating regular defenses. If he wants to lead a team to championship, he needs to elevate his game in beating playoffs defenses. The next level of his evolution is to play in a way that makes teams much harder to focus their defenses on him alone.

(One way to do it is to obtain a nude picture of Tilman and blackmail him to spend more money to make the team better. The other way is to ask his buddy Russ to retire so that the Rockets can get a better shooter to play alongside him.)