1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Rather James Harden Retire A Rocket Or Win A Ring Somewhere Else?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Oct 4, 2020.

?

Would You Rather James Harden Retire A Rocket Or Win A Ring Somewhere Else?

1. Retire A Rocket

2. Win A Ring Somewhere Else.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im selfish I would rather Harden suffer a Rocket than win somewhere else.

2. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Voted “win a ring elsewhere” because I’d hate for him to be a Malone or Barkley and have champions joking around him on tv 15 years from now.

I feel like for his legacy he needs a ring because of how much the media undersells his greatness.

If we want people to see James the way we do, he’s going to need a ring.

edit: half asleep and that was redundant but you get the point

dreamshakin, BigMaloe, Sajan and 13 others like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, honestly Shook....this is a pretty damn good question.

4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I want him to win a chip.

Lawlruschang and Highlyrated like this.
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Win a ring, with conditions.

If it's the Lakers, Warriors, Jazz or Mavericks, I would rather him retire here.

6. rockets13champs

Same. Job not finished

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

This coming year is prob our last shot ,then the following year we will have to trade players because of russ and harden cap hit which will handicap us even more,trade him for Murray, mpj,and assets,Then trade Westbrook for picks/assets.Then tank hard ,and trade all assets older than 29.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Third option.

Those 2 are not guaranteed.

I am confident he can play until he is 39 or 40 so I do not think he sticks around after 35, I could be wrong.

2. Depending where he goes and what team.

First one is for Harden fans, so I respect that.

I could see him getting low offers at the end of his career.

#8 daywalker02, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

win multiple rings being zion's #2

rhee likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Next Evolution and Urbanization of Harden ball

BamBam and Jontro like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Win a championship here. This silly twitter narrative is full of people who are probably in their early 20s and want to impress other zoomers. Dirk finally got his at 33. I know it's fun to have the narrative that the championship window is closed.

Last year, this team stood actually no chance of winning one with or without CP3. It's why Capela was traded. Let the team get some length and depth at the forward positions to allow them to run the skill ball for 24- 30 minutes a game and let them grab a big man who can play for 24 - 30 or so without being a detriment to spacing.

If the Rockets don't make the WCF next season, then yes, it's time to start thinking of a contingency but championship odds will be higher next season than this one. The team just wasn't very good and the coach refused to try certain players. Let’s see if we can find our Nick Nurse (it’s Chris Finch, Daryl, stop ****ing around with Ty Lue ) and shock the system.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't care if Harden wins a ring with another team.

I don't expect Harden to win a ring with the Rockets with his remaining contract here especially with so many young teams growing up and becoming better than the Rockets.

My main concern is how do we not fall into the gutter after Harden retires or leaves. And I think the best course of action would be to trade him after the end of next season with one year remaining on his contract so we get something of value in return rather than either letting Harden walk or resigning him to play his last years as a Rocket knowing that his decline would mean we aren't going to be competing anymore.

So let's see what we can do with Harden for one more season. Whatever the outcome, it's time we try to get some pieces for Harden after next season so we don't experience a long era of shitty Rocket ball. That's what I'm afraid of the most.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don’t care about harden anymore this is about the rockets. The answer is whatever helps the rockets win a ring.

14. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Win a chip.

HP3 likes this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If it’s not going to happen here, I would be content with seeing him be successful elsewhere as we rebuild.

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I fall under this sentiment as well! :cool:

I would prefer for Harden to be a part of us winning another championship, but if trading him is the only way to do it, then he needs to go! I would root for him when he’s playing another team and throw grenades at him when he’s playing the Rockets!!!

Rockets>>>>>>>Harden

Go Rockets!!!

17. macan

macan Member

i want both Harden and Russ win a ring somewhere else.
    they didn't choose to join superteam to win rings. they are real ballers. i respect that.

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  18. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I would want him to retire a rocket but then that means his Greatness won’t be recognized after he leaves bball..

So I would rather see him go win a ring but do it with someone else who is still hungry for 1st ring too..

won’t be with westbrick

19. deshen

deshen Member

Go for ring whenever and whereever he can. He will have much better opportunity to win in other team, not as first option though, imo.

20. jacoby

jacoby Member

I support the team before any player and I'll be rooting for this team when I have nurses wiping my hole. It'll be nice to see some of my favorites win a championship before they retire. James put his work in with this franchise, it's time for him to get that ring. I'm thrilled that Dwight is going to cap off his long career with a championship too.

don grahamleone likes this.