1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

How does Miami get to the Finals before us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

They’re in the East. That’s how. And it’s the bubble. Doubt they’d pull that off w a full normal season.

roslolian and Reeko like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They beat the Bucks and Celtics. Those aren't joke teams of the past Eastern Conference.

mastan, deshen and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Not the Celtics, but the Bucks without Giannis are a joke.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

They're in the East and they don't run a gimmick offense. IMO, they are not as talent as the Bucks or Celtics but they played extremely hard those two series and really good defense. They also have good leadership in their locker room.

If some of their best players didn't get injured in game 1, this series would probably be a lot closer but it's looking like Lebron will win another ring.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets making a definite finals appearance in 2018 if they were in the East

2019, it’s possible...we played the Raptors well, and with Giannis getting exposed, Milwaukee isn’t the same team in the playoffs

D-rock likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We’ll take the Lakers farther than the Heat do and people will still b****

D-rock likes this.
  7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

They are in the Eastern Conference which has been ass for a while now.

I guarantee you if the Rockets were in the East they would have gotten past those Cavs teams and maybe past the Raptors last year

D-rock likes this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Pretty easy really. Great GM, great HC. Great system. They don’t spam 3 pointers. They have the correct pieces in place. They are not trying to cram a square peg into a circle. They don’t play small ball for 48 minutes.
    Should I go on?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

People here come up with any excuses they can to remain delusional

SkareKrow and deshen like this.
  10. deshen

deshen Member

They have front office that know what kind of rosters are needed.

Eastern Conference is not weak, they did grab trophies from Warriors 2 out of the last 5 seasons while no other western teams could defeat warriors.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Multiple things can be true at the same time.

12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Bc they play like the Warriors and not like the Rockets.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Crowder, Herro and sometimes Butler are arch shooters with a the best kind of shot from any range. I mean Gordon can sometimes shoot that way. Just damn......

14. Sanity2disChaos

Their star player is a Bulldog!

Also they actually play defense very hard.

Team ball is strong .

youth and talent also.

I could go on.....

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

By chance there is any league interference or the Heat have brain farts, I think they are the overall best team in the league.

Some the personnel they added are some guys the Rockets have forever struggled to get that make a significant impact. They brush them aside while some of the Rockets 2nd tier aren't as good.

16. Pete the Cheat

The Heat hit the perfect intersection of skill and luck. The rookies are playing out of their mind, with zero conscience, and Bam has been absolutely dominant.

I understand the frustration, as out window continues to close, but not a fair comparison given our circumstances and lousy ownership.

D-rock likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

What do you think Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro are there for? Miami offense is called Pace and Space. Their offense is extremely analytcs based as well they just don't publicize it.

You are right they don't play small ball, that's cuz Spoelstra is a much better coach than Dumbtoni he can actually design plays that involve actual bigs instead of just leaving Jimmy Butler to freestyle every play. We also had several bigs off the bench like Tyson Chandler and Hartenstein (or at least had him before), too bad the coach never played them even when 3 pters weren't falling and we could've used inside muscle and rebounds.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I said they don’t spam 3 pointers. They don’t pass up open shots for 3s. They pass open layups for 3s. They don’t beat their man off the dribble only to step back and shoot a 3. They don’t shoot 55 3 pointers in a game. They do shoot 3s but they don’t just blindly launch them like Houston does.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Even WITH Giannis.

East is cake. Period.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pat Riley, OP. He's a crafty S.O.B. and always has been. The Rockets have a long history of going against his teams in the playoffs, sometimes with success, sometimes not. He's always played the refs like a fiddle, in my opinion. He's no longer coaching, of course, but I don't doubt that he's behind their success. I was hoping to meet Miami in the Finals. Not in the cards.

#100 Deckard, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    D-rock likes this.