1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers bloggers believes that Trez will join the Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Oct 2, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Trez is talented but he takes a very specific pairing due to his inability to shoot 3's at his size.

Spice P isn't a bad partner, but I think a better pairing would be players with a little more size like Jarren Jackson, Porzingis, Myles Turner, Brook Lopez.

Trez has to play along side a C who has weight, has length, can protect the rim and can shoot volume 3's.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

this is a game changer

3. Nook

Nook Member

He is a center but teams are concerned that he may not be good enough defensively to play there for an elite team and he doesn’t shoot well enough teams to over look it.

saleem likes this.
  4. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I love Trez and he works hard and will continue to get better, but like sweet Lou, he showed he can score but is still a one way player (could change). If the Raps sign him, maybe we can snag Ibaka...

5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Greater chance Ibaka leaves which is good for us I guess

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Trezl has been a super sub, can't see him as a starter just yet.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sub or not, as productive as a player he is, with the type of money he's going to be wanting, if he's going to get real minutes on any team trying to win, he's got to be paired with the right bigs, be it in the 1st or 2nd unit.

Defensively at center, Harrell gets destroyed if he's attempting to defend and box out large bigs, or if he's attempting to be the rim protector. Offensively with Harrell at the 4 - paired with a traditional 5 - he completely kills the offense as he can't stretch the floor.

Dallas is a great fit, because not only do they have Porzingis, they have Kleber too. On top of that, the PnR with Luka would be killer.

If Harrell is paired with a player like Porzingis (a rare type of player obviously), I think he can start, I think he could get 35 mins a night, and he could be a legitimate all star caliber player with a ball handler like Luka.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I get the point but IMO Dallas has a bigger fish to fry. If they are serious about a ship, they need to court Antetokounmpo or at least a Jimmy Butler caliber player.

A real consistent game changer and not just any good player IMO.

Or a CJ McCollum type.

Can't waste away the years of the Luka.

#9 daywalker02, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Jontro likes this.
  9. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he is a bad contract waiting to happen. If he’s paid a lot he needs to be a cornerstone on offense, surrounded by three point shooters, with him rolling or posting up . Problem with that is that you won’t get too far in the playoffs with that. He can’t shoot the three or guard the perimeter. He’s a great bench player, but how much is that worth? There’s a reason his minutes were cut in the playoffs.

saleem likes this.