1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon: Extend? Trade? Stay the course?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 30, 2019.

1. riko

riko Member

Oladipo wants out of Indy .. can we send House and Gordon for him?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think the Oladipo/Westbrook pairing worked too well the first time around.

YOLO, HP3 and treyk3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Maybe Indy would like Westbrook instead? And while there are at it, give us Myles Turner too.

4. steddinotayto

As long as Tilman sees him as a positive financial asset Russ ain't going anywhere.

In regards to Gordon...I posted this in the random trade thread....one destination could be Detroit in exchange for a hugeass trade exception of about $20 million. That would be easier to utilize than a player with Gordon's contract and really benefit both teams. Detroit can make a legitimate run at the 7th or 8th seed with a healthy (knock on wood here) Griffin/Rose/Gordon trio and the Pistons get a quality player back because no good free agent in their right mind would sign up to play there. Houston gets a trade exception to absorb another team's high priced player that could work better with Harden and Russ (looking at you Myles!).

saleem likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden* I know Tillman is trash but after seeing his performance in the playoffs and how injured he was, I dont think he would be mad if Morey found some way to move him.

6. steddinotayto

Westbrook* Because he's still a marketable guy and can keep the Houston in the headlines. I think Tilman is more of a "Look at my team! What other NBA owner can say he has TWO MVPs on his team?" kinda guy.

He didn't want to be responsible for CP3 because that wasn't his move and he then was forced into paying the guy on a promise made by Les. He can say that Russ is a 100% Fertitta Power Move and if he gives up on that now it might look like defeat which I'm sure Tilman would not want to admit.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

So you really think that if Harden didnt care about him getting traded, that Morey woulndt be able to trade him because of Tillman?

8. steddinotayto

My whole argument was based around Tilman but if you want to pivot to what Harden wants then, yea, I think Morey and Tilman would do whatever Harden wants--even trading his buddy.

9. jowman

jowman Member

That’s not something we ever have to worry about seeing as we will never get hom

steddinotayto likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhh I dont mean to make it seem like Im pivoting. I just dont think that Tilman is the obstacle(or that he would be a huge obstacle) that's keeping us from trading Westbrook. That's all I'm saying.

steddinotayto likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

Maybe I'm just in the mindset of thinking that unless Harden goes to him and said "I want you to trade Russ" Fertitta will keep Westbrook on the team, regardless of how badly he performed against the Lakers. Of course I'd prefer for him to be a guy that holds himself accountable and responsible for the f*ckery that he caused by advocating for the Westbrook trade to begin with and say to Morey and Harden "Guys, this clearly did not work out and I don't think it will ever work out. We need to find a trade that can net us pieces to achieve higher success. We need to move Russ" but somehow I don't think Tilman is that kind of guy.

HP3 likes this.