1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stand back and stand by

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 29, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There isn't any law that says you can't go and watch the watchers but this is one of the things I'm very worried about.

I saw that group in Philadelphia and they broke law not as campaign watchers but that they were actively campaigning. What I fear is that both sides now will be engaged in not just campaigning at polling places but will also attacking each other.

I agree we shouldn't just let Trump supporters show up campaign and intimidate people at the polls and there might not be any solution but to have others there to counter them but this will only push the country further down to anger and division.

Phillyrocket, Nook, Ziggy and 2 others like this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This fundraising email is crazy.

“The Trump Army is made up of the President’s fiercest defenders who are willing to go to battle with the Left-wing MOB whenever they come after us. Just take a look at everything they’ve fought for so far:”

You even get a Camo Make America Great hat.....LOL. Mr. Bone Spurs and his Army of, well, fill in the blank there yourself.

Letter on the link, with hat pic. If I see those hats I will immediately be thinking KKK hood.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-army-fundraising-email/

RayRay10, jiggyfly, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member

lol i replied to my trump email saying i was hyped and ready to fight antifa and the autoreply I assume admin at the site is user name is ak47 lol
    cant make this up if i tried..

RayRay10, Reeko, Nook and 2 others like this.
  5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

HOW IS IT FAKE NEW WHEN HE SAID IT LIVE ON TV?

RayRay10, Reeko and Ziggy like this.
  6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

This one went straight over your head.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You do realize generalthade is a cult member right?

Reeko, Ziggy and FrontRunner like this.
  8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I honestly think he meant to say "stand down" because Biden had just used that term. Trump's just a terrible public speaker and regularly mixes up expressions. Obviously he's a racist and a moron, but even he's not dumb enough to call the Proud Boys to arms on live television.

RayRay10 and arkoe like this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member

this is not what you see or think this is..do not believe what you see and this is not that. you are not seeing it when you see it
    [​IMG]

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Intimidating minority voters was always the plan for Republicans especially here in Texas.

RayRay10, deb4rockets and FrontRunner like this.
  11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Yep. just saddens me that there are this many racist (or racist supporting) people left in this country. Too bad ignorance isn't painfull or his supports would be in a world of pain.

RayRay10, Reeko and deb4rockets like this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stand down is one thing, but stand by?

Stand by for what?

Why can't he ****ing condemn them?

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Trump's just a terrible public speaker and regularly mixes up expressions.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member

dude lol you honestly or dishonestly can think whatever reason when he said it.
    its this like he fell for the banana in the tailpipe from biden? is that where we are at?

he had plenty chance to mop it up and instead right after used that as segway for voter intimidation. what debate were you watching?

15. Nook

Nook Member

The organizer of the Charlotte rally was a Proud Boys member.

Here are recent comments from the founder of Proud Boys (who isn't even an American BTW)

"It’s such a rape culture with these immigrants, I don’t even think these women see it as rape. They see it as just like having a teeth [sic] pulled. ‘It’s a Monday. I don’t really enjoy it,’ but that’s what you do. I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t have the same trauma as it would for a middle-class white girl in the suburbs because it’s so entrenched into their culture.” — Gavin McInnes, Get Off My Lawn, June 19, 2018

"Muslims have a problem with inbreeding. They tend to marry their first cousins…and that is a major problem here because when you have mentally damaged inbreds — which not all Muslims are, but a disproportionate number are — and you have a hate book called the Koran…you end up with a perfect recipe for mass murder." — Gavin McInnes, Get Off My Lawn, April 24, 2018

“We brought roads and infrastructure to India and they are still using them as toilets. Our criminals built nice roads in Australia but aboriginals keep using them as a bed. The next time someone b------ about colonization, the correct response is ‘You’re welcome.’”
    —Gavin McInnes, “10 Things I like About White Guys,” Taki’s Magazine, March 2, 2017

“Well look at the canary in the coal mine called Britain. We see guys get away with raping children regularly, and they have excuses like ‘I didn’t understand the word ‘no.’’ We have a woman raped several times in one night. All these guys seem to…they don’t all get away but they seem to get away way too often. And then you have people being jailed for rude tweets and comments when they’re white, so…people in America say ‘Muslim are what? One or two percent of the population? There’s never gonna be sharia law here.’ And I say have a look at Britain. Have a look at Europe. That’s where we’re headed.”
    —Gavin McInnes, “Get Off My Lawn”, November 4, 2017

“Maybe the reason I’m sexist is because women are dumb. No, I’m just kidding, ladies. But you do tend to not thrive in certain areas — like writing.”
    —Gavin McInnes, The Gavin McInnes Show, June 28, 2017

“I just realized something. Cory Booker is kind of like Sambo. He’s kind of shucking and jiving for the white man. Cory Booker grew up rich in an all-white suburb. He’s basically a white guy. His parents were very wealthy executives at IBM… .But he wants to be a black dude, so he pretends that he’s down with the brothers and he acts outraged about racism all the time — for white people. That gets him votes from whites.”
    —Gavin McInnes on his CRTV show “Get Off My Lawn,” January 17, 2018

“The white liberal ethos tells us blacks aren’t at MIT because of racism. They say blacks dominate the prison population for the same reason. They insist America is a racist hellhole where ‘people of color’ have no future. This does way more damage to black youth than the KKK. When you strip people of culpability and tell them the odds are stacked against them, they don’t feel like trying. White liberals make this worse by then using affirmative action to “correct” society’s mistakes. When blacks are forced into schools they aren’t qualified for they have no choice but to drop out. Instead of going back a step to a school they can handle, they tend to give up on higher education entirely. Thanks to the Marxist myth of ubiquitous equality, this ‘mismatch’ leaves blacks less educated than they would have been had they been left to their own devices.”
    —Gavin McInnes, “America in 2034,” American Renaissance, June 17, 2014

“I’m not a fan of Islam. I think it’s fair to call me Islamophobic.”
    —Gavin McInnes, NBC interview, 2017

“Palestinians are stupid. Muslims are stupid. And the only thing they really respect is violence and being tough.”
    —Gavin McInnes, The Gavin McInnes Show, March 8, 2017

“Why don’t we take back Bethlehem? Why don’t we take back Northern Iraq? Why don’t we start our own Crusades? That’s what the Crusades were. They weren’t just someone picking on Muslims for no reason — they were a reaction to Muslim tyranny. We finally fought back.”
    —Gavin McInnes, The Gavin McInnes Show, March 8, 2017

“Buying woman parts from a hospital and calling yourself a broad trivializes what it is to be a woman. Womanhood is not on a shelf next to wigs and makeup. Similarly, being a dude is quite involved. Ripping your vaginal canal out of your fly doesn’t mean you are going to start inventing **** and knowing how cement works. Being a man is awesome. So is being a woman. We should revere these creations, not revel in their bastardization.”
    —Gavin McInnes, “Transphobia is Perfectly Natural,” Thought Catalog, August 8, 2014

"There are three degrees of membership within the Proud Boys, and to become a first degree in the “pro-West fraternal organization” a prospective member simply has to declare “I am a western chauvinist, and I refuse to apologize for creating the modern world.” To enter the second degree, a Proud Boy has to endure a beating until they can yell out the names of five breakfast cereals (in order to demonstrate “adrenaline control”) and give up masturbation because, in theory, it will leave them more inclined to go out and meet women. Those who enter the third degree have demonstrated their commitment by getting a Proud Boys tattoo. Any man — no matter his race or sexual-orientation — can join the fraternal organization as long as they “recognize that white men are not the problem.”

Proud Boys have become a staple at anti-Muslim and other far-right demonstrations, like when a group of Halifax Proud Boys disrupted a July 2017 ceremony held to mourn the murders of indigenous people by declaring the land “a British colony” and singing “God Save the Queen.” Both rank-and-file and FOAK members were in attendance at the anti-Muslim hate group ACT for America’s “March Against Sharia” rallies held in 28 cities around the country on June 10, 2017."

RayRay10, Rashmon and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. Not the case here. He didn't denounce them at all. And he quickly pivoted and went after the left.

There is no way in hell that you can interpret his actions differently especially as this was NOT the first time he has done this.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Biden just used the term "stand down" seconds before that. I don't think he realized he misspoke, and conceivably still doesn't. He's stupid.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

None of this is news to me, but I did find McInnes' implosion and falling out with the Proud Boys to be funny though.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

He said, "Sure" twice when asked if he'd denounce white supremacists. I think he thought he was denouncing them and saying "stand down". Then the out-of-control debacle continued with a bunch more crosstalk and Wallace didn't revisit it to confirm what he meant.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OMG. That's crazy!!

RayRay10 and IBTL like this.