1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think Giannis is signed this offseason and if he won't, he's traded to whoever he wants to play for, whether that's Miami or GSW or Toronto, we shall see.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Either way Miami won't mortgage its future for Horford. They'll pretty much have their pick of the litter.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2021/

treyk3 likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Agreed completely.

Bam / Butler / Herro / Robinson / Nunn (Assuming Dragic, Crowder aren't in their future long term, who knows though Miami is pretty loyal) is an incredible core to add another star to.

Maybe one day they will want Russ and we can get Herro and Robinson (incredible how value changes in a blink)

D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  4. steddinotayto

Crazier things have happened I guess.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Miami is just the only other team that I could think of who might have any interest in Horford. Can you think of anywhere other than the Rockets who might be able and willing to take on his contract? I don’t think Philly would send him to a place like Charlotte simply out of respect.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Boston.

Boston could use Al Horford. I don't understand why they don't trade Horford + Shake Milton for Kemba or an even swap for Hayward.

DM'sVP likes this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We need to at least come away with both or either

Turner
    Bamba

In trades

fattz likes this.
  8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

That could work but I don’t think Boston would back track like that. If they wanted him at that price then they could’ve resigned him instead of letting him go to Philly in the first place. Pretty sure Boston didn’t want to pay him that much. Now you’re suggesting they pay him a boat load AND giving up assets for him? I think Kemba would be a long shot bc he’s too valuable to Boston. Hayward has never gotten back to his old self after his injury so that makes sense for Boston. Philly, not so much.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Boston was dumbstruck by Kyrie leaving and reacted by signing the next best PG on the market. It was a bad move. There was a little bit of bad blood in the break up with Horford but I think they are wise enough to see how great he fits in with their young stars. Philly needs to dump Harris or Horford because their team makeup is off. Hayward is expiring and provides shooting and the ability to run an offense at times.

DM'sVP likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

I can honestly see Atlanta picking him up as long as they get back draft capital. With Atlanta it's basically a homecoming for Horford so he can retire as a Hawk, mentoring the likes of Collins, Capela, Reddish, etc.

11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Hayward being an expiring contract is the only reason this is feasible. I still don’t see it happening, but it is possible.
    This is why I don’t think the Rockets are seriously after Horford. I think Morey would tell Brand “ok we will take Horford off of your hands but you have to make it worth our while”. If philly has its heart set on dumping Horford then they are going to have to sweeten the pot significantly to make anyone seriously interested. Same goes with a Love trade. The Rockets will be better with either of those players but they will need something else to take on that much salary. I think the Rockets would be able to get a frp coming back in either deal.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If I'm Morey, I'm not taking Horford without Thybulle being attached. I'm not taking on Love's contract at all.

fattz, D-rock, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  13. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

That Love contract was one of the most head scratching moves I’ve ever seen. The Cavs thought that it would make him easier to trade bc he was locked in but it was clear to anyone that it was an immovable contract. I think Love will have to restructure his contract if he is ever going to get out of Cleveland. Maybe they could drop his annual salary by 10m and add one year for 20m to help balance it out.

treyk3 likes this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I wanted Love before Westbrook came in at one point and I think he's a great player and that the contract isn't as bad as it's made out to be. It would cost Gordon and Tucker at least to make the salaries match on him and there isn't a scenario where that makes the team better.

Rudyc281 and DM'sVP like this.
  15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

If that contract takes you over the luxury tax then it is a trash contract. If Love just cost Gordon then it would make the team better. Gordon and PJ is way too much talent/team fit to give up to not significantly improve the team. If the Rockets trade for Love then it will start the “blow it up” count down timer for me. I still think they blow it up in 2 seasons but acquiring Love would put a definite timeline on this team.

treyk3 likes this.
  16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

What do y’all think about going back to the OKC well for Steven Adams? He's “only” 27, he’s a superb rebounder/defender, his passing is under rated and he already has a great relationship with WB. He’s essentially a better Capela bc of his passing ability. Only one year left on his contract and should be willing to take a little less money next offseason to stay with Russ and Harden on a contending team.

Houston in: Adams
    OKC in: Horford, Bamba
    Orlando in: House
    Philly in: Gordon

WB/Rivers
    Harden/McLemore
    RoCo/Nwaba
    PJ/Green
    Adams/Bruno

I’d be pretty happy with that starting line up to start the season. The Rockets would have to upgrade their bench a bit but they would have avenues for that after the Adams trade.

treyk3 likes this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Adams should be pretty easily obtainable but your depth chart is eschew.

WB/Rivers
    Harden/McLemore
    RoCo/Nwaba
    PJ/Green
    Bruno/ Adams

18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Funny

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.