1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's Taxes - Turns out - the man is a fraud and deeply in debt!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Sep 28, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No it isn't the same issue and multiple people have explained why. You are a idiot or a troll and from now on you are on ignore so just stop replying to me and I suggest the other people here do the same.

FranchiseBlade and pgabriel like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who believes Jared, Ivanka, Eric, and Junior aren't grifting off Trump's position are really blind. When it comes to appointed positions, PPP loans, profits off government employees staying every weekend at their hotels, Trump's tax plant, international patents, and on and on, the Grift is HUGE. Its a family business run like the mob.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

As contractors the people driving for Uber aren't eligible for unemployment. Its the same issue, protecting employees, not collecting taxes

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You haven't explained ****. Bye

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

You guys are arguing with the guy who didn't understand how you can money launder through real estate.

Andre0087, jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to insult you or call you a troll. You're entitled to your opinion and personally I think the tax code is pretty messed up and I'm a supporter of a flat tax.

In this specific question though the use of contractors / consultants is one of the most common areas of abuse in the tax code. It's why it was in my licensing exam. For Donald Trump and Trump Organizations to claim Ivanka as consultant to both avoid payroll taxes and also to write off her wages as consulting fees is clearly an abuse. For her to set up a facade corporate entity with a name like "TTT" is very clearly an abuse of the code. That they so far haven't been punished for it yet doesn't mean it's not illegal anymore than a shoplifter stealing a candy bar not getting caught makes that legal.

Whether you care about it or not that is up to you. I presume you're not an accountant or working for the IRS or in a position where you are forced to address it. As someone though who has worked as a consultant / contractor and who has employed people on that basis this is an issue that I have deal with and do consider it important.

7. adoo

adoo Member

don't side-track this thread, which is on $750's tax returns. stay on topic.

Ivanka is an officer of the Trump co
    her salary and some bonuses were recorded as compensation expenses, for which the co had paid PR taxes
    the $750K bonus, as reported by the NYT, was recorded as a consultant expenses
    this is accounting fraud 101 to avoid paying PR taxes on compensation to employees.

she is either an employee or a consultant to the co, can't be both.​

#107 adoo, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

"Akerman paid particular attention in his comments to Trump’s payments to his daughter, Ivanka Trump, noting that he listed her as a consultant and paid her more than $740,000, according to his tax filings. As Ivanka Trump was then an employee of the Trump Organization, hiring her to be a consultant for the very company she worked at would be an extreme conflict of interest, one that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) generally takes very seriously.

“There is no legitimate reason for her to get those consulting fees since she was being paid already as a Trump employee,” Akerman said, adding that the “only possible reason” to pay Ivanka Trump as a consultant was to “move money around so that it wouldn’t be taxed to Donald Trump.”

----

"The reporters matched up the tax records with Ivanka Trump’s financial disclosures, filed when she became a White House senior adviser. They found that more than $700,000 in payments she disclosed pertaining to a consulting company were the same amount as the tax deductions for “consulting fees” on a pair of hotel projects listed on the Trump Organization’s tax records.

At the time, Ivanka Trump was a top executive at the Trump Organization, not an outside consultant. People close to Trump’s businesses “were not aware of any outside consultants who would have been paid,” the Times reported."

----

"The tax filings The Times reviewed don’t name the consultants. But reporters matched the $US747,622 figure claimed by the Trump Organisation to the number Ivanka Trump reported in a financial disclosure when she joined the White House in 2017.

The Trump Organisation claimed that the payments were related to hotel projects in Vancouver and Hawaii, The Times reported. Ivanka Trump “had been an executive officer of the Trump companies that received profits from and paid the consulting fees for both projects,” meaning she appeared to be treated as a consultant on the same hotel deals she was already responsible for managing, the newspaper said.

Tax law allows employers to deduct consulting fees as a business expense, but IRS rules specify that to do so, the consulting arrangement must be an “ordinary and necessary” part of operating the business.

The Times noted that the IRS has pursued civil penalties against some business owners who sought to avoid taxes by paying high fees to related parties who were not really independent contractors. The newspaper cited a 2011 case in which the IRS denied an Illinois accounting firm $US3 million in consulting-fee deductions because it learned that the partners paid themselves the fees through corporations they created."

----

1) In at least two deals -- hotels in Hawaii and Vancouver, Ivanka Trump appears to have double-dipped -- serving as both a project manager in her official capacity as a senior staffer for her father's company and as a "consultant" to those same projects.

2) In those deals, Ivanka Trump's apparent categorization as a "consultant" allowed her father to write off three-quarters of a million dollars. (The IRS allows "consulting fees" to be written off as business expenses.)

----

Deckard and rocketsjudoka like this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do you think you and the NYT found an an egregious avuse as you claim that the irs missed? This is whats so ridiculous about you guys

You think that the irs doesn't closely examine a billionaire's tax returns?

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Read what you post.

It says the irs pursued civil action against business owners. It doesn't say they pursued Trump

So ill also ask you the same simple ass question, do you think you found such an egregious violation that the irs missed on a billionaire's tax return?

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You have yet to use a fact in this whole thread.

It's one probably after another.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dick rider

What i said and i what i proved is people dont buy real estate with drug proceeds. They launder money to be able to make purchases.

Do you disagree?

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The one fact i proved and you continue to prove is youre a dick rider

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To be perfectly frank yes. The IRS funding has been cut for years while the economy and population has grown. As an enforcement agency it is weak because of anti-tax policies.
    https://www.americanprogress.org/is...-budget-cuts-let-wealthy-tax-cheats-get-away/

This would be like saying "Well OJ wasn't convicted of murder so that was fine." Money can allow you to get away with a lot especially when it comes to tax fraud. Your argument amounts to, since he wasn't caught it's fine.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So ill ask you the same question, do you think you and the NYTs found such an egregious violation missed by the irs?

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Irs funding has been cut is your excuse. It doesn't take a lot of man hours to find this line item.

I guarantee the government has more money for research than today's newspapers

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Where has this Gif been all my life.

I have needed that so much in life.

IBTL likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is rich coming from you.

LOL.

Somebody woke up on one.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@bobrek
    @adoo
    @rocketsjudoka

The government isn't concerned about getting paid

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...uMTUuMZgBAKABAbABAA&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp

Its protecting workers