1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(WojBomb) Clippers and Doc Rivers part ways

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Sep 28, 2020.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

For the Clippers they are only stuck for 2 more seasons if neither player don't opt out of their player option after the 2020/2021 season. So they have a bit more wiggle room to rebuild the team in a couple of seasons. If Kawhi and/or George takes the player option the Clippers could just try and work a trade for either or both players to try and recoup some draft capital. Kawhi would only be 30-31 years old and George would be 31-32 years old.

Definitely not ideal given what they had to give up to get both players to LA but rebuilding would be a slightly easier process than if Houston were to go into rebuild mode

Easy likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wow. I thought he would retain his place, cause PG let him down the most. I'm not keen on him being the next Rockets coach, but I can live with it, if he comes to Houston.

3. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

saleem, Jayzers_100 and JumpMan like this.
  4. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

[​IMG]

My prediction on the next Clippers coach: Steve Ballmer is rich enough to make it happen.

saleem likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Pop would have gotten that Clippers team to the Finals.

6. jowman

jowman Member

I like how everyone blames rivers. Did their “best player in the world” not choke away a 3-1 lead while scoring zero points in the 4th?

how that douche kawhi gets away with this **** is beyond me. He could commit murder and fans and media would rally behind him. Most overrated superstar ever. Dude is A worse Brandon Roy with better load management. Also a snake of a person screwing over anyone he comes across. Throws teammates and team under the bus and making GOAT demands cause he won 2 easy titles.

deb4rockets and Cladyclad like this.
  7. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

The clippers are the most idiotic franchise. U fire a great coach. Yea yeah he blew a 3-1 lead. But the guys that blew them Tmac, CP3, Blake, & PG are the most dependable in the playoffs either to injury or not showing up. But I get it. Someone has to take the fall. Now they have to hire a new coach. It’s no way to know even if it’s someone on staff like Sam or Ty that PG or Kawhi will get along with. It’s gonna be so funny if both of them dip next season as free agents lol

I hate the clippers lol
    They deserve this lol

8. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

exactly everybody blaming PG Doc, Trez, & Lou

PG had the better 2nd half he scored 4pts to Kawhi 3pts lol

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Was he ever "great?"

Arguments for greatness:
    - He won one title with Boston back in 2008.
    - He won Coach of the Year in 2000.

Arguments against greatness:
    - He only has one Coach of the Year award. despite having really REALLY good teams.
    - He won that one title with Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Rondo - the big 3 before the big 3.
    - He didn't do anything with the previous team he coached (Orlando, from '99-'04). They either missed the playoffs or lost in the first round, despite having Tracy McGrady
    - He didn't do anything with the Lob City Clippers, a team that featured prime Chris Paul, prime Blake Griffin and prime DeAndre Jordan. They never made it to the Conference Finals.
    - He didn't do anything in this first year with the Kawhi-PG duo. Blew a 3-1 lead despite being the favorites to win it all.

Some people are screaming "HIRE HIM, MOREY!" but I'm just not seeing what makes Doc Rivers so "great."

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Did Kawhi do something personal to you? This is a horrendous take.

Explain why he's a worse Brandon Roy. Or better yet, explain how Brandon Roy is better. Explain how either of the two titles were "easy." Especially that first one as a Spur against Miami.

11. jowman

jowman Member

Both organizations did a great job putting together stacked rosters with great coaches. You put him on a team that isn’t stacked plus has a great point guard and top coach and his teams flame out early.

He won last year load managing himself while other stars like harden killed themselves and won on a team with 6 other guys averaging double digits to beat a banged up warriors team without 2 of their top 3 players.

His career would be Brandon Roy like if he replaced Roy on that Portland team. Some playoff success then injuries kill his career.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Coach of the year is a joke. Phil Jackson only won one

garnett got hurt year 2. Went to the finals the next season and lost in 7.

those Orlando teams were a joke. And Tmac couldn’t get out the first round in Houston

lob city injuries by Paul & Blake in the playoffs ruined this team

I will not blame Doc for his 2 best players crapping the bed in game 7.

The Dippers were on to something with last year team but they gutted it for Kawhi. Galo & SGA >>George

doc didn’t want that trade I’m 100% sure

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought the main reason Kawhi left SA was because he couldn't stand Pop.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he comes here and gets rid of the stupid small ball I'm in!