1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's Tax Returns - NYT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobrek, Sep 27, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

2016 called, they want the 200,000 who died of Covid-19 back.

Nook, Ubiquitin, Ottomaton and 4 others like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

Tell them to call China

3. IBTL

IBTL Member

hey you know where i can find february?
    [​IMG]

Nook, Ubiquitin, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why not both? For sure the man who jokes about masks being unmanly and is also the lease of the country has promoted the growth of the virus in the country.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

People commenting here have no idea how taxes work. He paid way more that $750, that is why he had millions in tax CREDITS...they are CREDITS from taxes paid somewhere along the line.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member

yeah because none of us ever pay taxes or have heard of deductions lol

and no we are all not dumb enough to funnel it through our daughter to show loss..cmon man

the sadder part here is how silly repugs look on this. its like they havent heard the saying "death and taxes" like this is new to us all lol

deductions are like an ******* we all have. this is embarrassing

superfob, saitou, arkoe and 5 others like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at this Devry University accountant trying to defend Trump...stop the bullsh*t

if this was Biden paying $750 in taxes, the right wing would be in an absolute uproar

saitou, Ubiquitin, vlaurelio and 2 others like this.
  9. SamFisher

Lol, a person who apparentlyy didn't read any of the articles has very important comments on other commenters with his very inside baseball knowledge of taxation

The articles indicate loss carryovers based on massive losses, not "tax CREDITS"

In fact the original article mentions the phrase "tax credits", precisely once, here, with regard to tangential stuff:

With the term “personal taxes,” however, Mr. Garten appears to be conflating income taxes with other federal taxes Mr. Trump has paid — Social Security, Medicare and taxes for his household employees. Mr. Garten also asserted that some of what the president owed was “paid with tax credits,” a misleading characterization of credits, which reduce a business owner’s income-tax bill as a reward for various activities, like historic preservation.​

Maybe you can get your Tax Director wife to explain this distinction to you? Or maybe just stop commenting on something you didn't read and don't understand rather than pitching a hissy fit about others doing so?

#389 SamFisher, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  10. SamFisher

I called China and they said "wtf, MAGA mei-guos don't wear a mask?" and then they laughed and hung up.

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, they are assets that have lost money, that can be claimed as LOSSES against Income - they are not tax credits from previously paid taxes.

DD

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm a CPA that specializes in tax and you are 100% incorrect.

14. Nook

Nook Member

You are... incorrect.

At some point you just have to accept who he is, even if you agree with his politics.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'm not sure whether he did/did not do anything wrong. If he didn't do anything wrong though, why is he so reluctant to release the records officially like so many that have come before him? Criticism? I could criticize Biden, Bush, Clinton, Obama, McCain, Romney and so on for their tax returns in a number of ways but they still released them. As he said famously before, what do you have to lose?

RayRay10 and Newlin like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No one here did. At least that's what they say. Except those that did vote for him.

mdrowe00, vlaurelio and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why do Trumpers always post incorrect information with such confidence? It’s so embarrassing

supermac...superL

T_Man, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The more I've read it over, the more I think he didn't do anything too overtly wrong. He may get dinged here and there in the audit.
    I think the takeaway is different: this dude just loses bushels of money, on the real, and that's why his tax burden is so low.

At some level, my tax burden that is higher in most years should be higher, because I actually know how to make (modest) amounts of money and not accrue debts I can't pay.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

LOL. Yeah, that's the real story here...
    [​IMG]

RayRay10 and Ziggy like this.