1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For the love of God can we get 1 elite shooter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by K-Low_4_Prez, Sep 29, 2020.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Turns out it's hard to find great shooting when you trade every one of your draft picks and try to fill out 8 roster spots with vet minimum contracts

Shocking stuff, I know

pugsly8422 likes this.
  2. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I want an elite shooter who can’t do much else BC THIS SYSTEM ONLY DOES ONE THING AN THATS SHOOT

3. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Lillard is a lifetime .373 from 3, while Harden is .363. Harden draws a double team most of the time these days. And he plays defense.

Why on earth anyone would drop Lillard's name in this particular argument is beyond me.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Dougie McBuckets would be nice on this team.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It’s gonna be Danuel House after we trade him

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. mightybosstone

Except shooting 35% on 12 attempts per game is the equivalent of him shooting 52.5% on those same attempts if they were 2-pointers. So, yeah, I'm fine with him taking a ton of 3s if it means he's hitting them at an average clip and consistently hitting those shots when it matters. It's efficient basketball. It just doesn't look good on the nights where Harden keeps jacking up contested step-backs and misses them or when he's too reliant on that shot late in games.

However, I am with the OP of the thread in that I've never understood why the Rockets haven't targeted more elite 3-point shooters with their offensive mindset. In Morey's defense, he has targeted some of those guys who just haven't panned out or whose shots fell off over time, like Ryno and Gordon.

8. mightybosstone

To be fair, when Morey acquired Gordon, he was coming off of three straight seasons of shooting 38%-plus from the 3-point line in New Orleans. I think he was seen by many as an excellent, borderline elite shooter at that point. With more volume, his percentage has dropped, though, and his shot just seemed completely broken this last season. Gordon SHOULD be that elite shooter, but he's not really been that guy.

9. Asian Sensation

I mentioned Hield cause he was #2 in attempts and you say nothing but you get triggered when I mention Lillard? Weird. Well Dame was # 3 in attempts and makes while shooting 40% this year. He was very relevant to my point.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Triggered? lol. Don't flatter yourself. I was just pointing out a huge flaw in your logic in thinking that Lillard is substantially better from 3 than Harden when they're bigger sample size of their careers shows them to be nearly the same.

And let's see Lillard hit 40% while being consistently double-teamed for an entire season.

HP3 likes this.
  11. Asian Sensation

Right... cause Dame never saw any double teams and teams just willingly let him drop huge numbers.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/n...believable-three-pointer-from-half-court/amp/

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...ssing-out-double-teams-not-passing-his-family

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Miami definitely has me feeling what OP is saying.

To be fair we definitely have tried, Korver has gotten to pick his next destination and I’m sure we were trying to convince him to come here but he chose I think it was Cleveland at the time.

Also we did sign Ryan Anderson. He was perfect for Harden. Remember how good that D’antoni offense looked early on, made the game so much easier for Harden with Ryno on the floor. Unfortunately he quickly became a not elite shooter and proved to be disastrous.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We run 2 for 1 Oyster Shooters on Mondays at all participating Landry's, and we spray the bar with Windex every hour, I consider that pretty ******* elite what more do you people want?

-MGMT

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BMac and Clements could be .. . but that is all they do
    Defensive liabilities

Rocket River

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Duncan Robinson was a undrafted player. Where was Morey? Why is he out here signing scrubs and then missed out on him?

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

ApacheWarrior and topfive like this.