1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iggy thinks Eric Gordon’s game is being dumbed down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Sep 28, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Who are the high skill generalist role players you seek? Josh Smith or Corey Brewer?

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jeff Green was a start...he was at least not useless if not spotting up beyond the arc

3. realonemo

realonemo Member

I think Eric Gordon would benefit from a warriors/heat/nuggets type of system.

hakeem94 and tycoonchip like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

So Im moronic for agreeing with multipletimes champion and you are smart for agreeing with multipletimes loosers? Go on and still kid yourself. You only see black and white - threes and mid, and what iggy is talking about is just playing your whole bag

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Iggy will make a great GM one day.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Iggy is absolutely correct! That is why the nerds don't know everything.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol if people would have listened to the uhhh "nerds" Chris Paul would still be on this team.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  8. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

eric gordon is being used appropriately. last thing i want to see is that guy dribbling.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Asian Sensation

Eric Gordon would kill it on a team like the Lakers, GSW, Heat, Celtics, or playing the Mo Williams role with LeBron’s Cavs in the past.

It’s a hard ask for anybody to watch Harden dribble the clock down to 5 seconds or less and then you get the ball and are expected to knockdown a well contested shot. Especially for a guy like Gordon who feeds off of early touches in order to get into a rhythm. It’s no surprise why Lou Williams was pretty much useless here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I guess Iggy hasn’t seen how Gordon can’t even make any layups either. He just screams and expects to get a call. Well most of his drives are bad he does get some layups. But when he handles the ball watch out bcoz a turn over is coming.

bloodwings19 likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How the hell is it smart to say that about Gordon?

Do you really see him as some kind a playmaker?

What else do you see him doing and why is he not doing it?

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Would love to see EGo dribbling off himself and falling on the ground more than we currently do

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Current EG is broken by analytics EG. Iggy is talking about his game before this nonsense, he was a BEAST all around

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

he doesn’t hate analytics. He’s not that stupid.

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

More like this team needs Iggy. He's far from done.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

Once again you make no sense, what in his game is broken by analytics?

His handles?

34to11 likes this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

In LA and even New Orleans he would every once in a while take his defender off the dribble and pull up the midrange.

If I'm being honest, Harden becoming so ISO-Centric has kind of limited everyone who plays next to him into guys who need to be ready for the shot and that's it. He doesn't make his teammates worse and I don't think Harden is a ball hog but this next coach needs to implement a lot more off ball movement and situations where Harden is off ball. At times we would see him off ball and it always worked great. Then the team would simply go away from it. I want Harden's usage to drop 4-5% next season and I want to see his PPG drop while his percentages raise.

https://stats.nba.com/players/usage/?sort=USG_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season

Giannis and Harden are easier to plan for in the playoffs because they are so highly relied upon. They both are generational talents who have broken records for usage. Luka will face this same issue if he doesn't change.

MDA is known as a guy who empowers his players but during his time here he kind of just told Harden to handle everything. Teams have never won with a player who has been as relied upon as James has been in the past four years. It's not to say it's impossible but these guys aren't just going to be able to turn it on every time Harden is a little off if they aren't being used more in that role during the regular season.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He does that every once in a while now, I don't understand your point?

Why are you talking about Harden?

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Because that's why Eric is being dumbed down and Iggy isn't going to specifically say it. His usage is too high and historically high usage players haven't won championships. Every player around Harden in the MDA era has been forced into roles that turn them into floor spacers and defenders. They aren't empowered unless Harden sits. Sometimes guys aren't able to just flip the switch. It's why Eric was so much better in that sixth man role and I have no idea why the team went away from it.

Also no he doesn't.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/eric-gordon-shot-chart

You offer absolutely nothing in any of your comments except negative responses. I'm done.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What did I say that was negative?

Bye Felicia.